Sign in to follow this  
Aaron_IRL

Priest mayor ability to destroy on deed w/o faithful check.

I am only asking to be able to destroy things on my deed as the mayor (i.e. fences, walls, bsb's, etc...) without taking all of the faith hits.  I use my crafting main character to build and maintain my alt's deed, but I do not get the mayor bonus to destroy.  I really just want to avoid having to swap out deeds everytime I want to make changes.

There's a good chance that I am not seeing where this could be game breaking, so let me know.

This is not a discussion about allowing priests to craft, so take that to all of the other threads dealing with that topic.

Thanks.

• Like 1

Priests have limitations for a reason, if you want that ability hit unfaithful.

-1 not what priests are for, you decided you wanted 2 deeds knowing that you would only be able to bash with mayor bonus on 1. Besides catapult damage is not affected by mayor bonus so not really an issue.

make house destroyer bonus a title to give away

mayor can keep it, or in case of priest, give it away to an alt or trusted friend.

• Like 1

Maybe make it a option on the deed token/writ with a drop down box with the names of the citizens, and mayor can assign the bonus to one citizen at a time.

-1 not what priests are for, you decided you wanted 2 deeds knowing that you would only be able to bash with mayor bonus on 1. Besides catapult damage is not affected by mayor bonus so not really an issue.

So, your reasoning is that a person that pays 2 premium accounts and 2 deed upkeeps must be punished by that. That's a sound logic right there. The number of jealous people in Wurm is too god damn high.

Without a in-depth change to priesthood to balance the inedequacies based on running a game on theoretical assumptions instead of actual behaviours allowing the mayor to assign the power is probably the best solution, maybe even extend this list to allies?

Edited by KanePT
  • Like 2

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeah let's punish people who pay two subscriptions and two deeds, Wurm's finances can take that kind of hit I'm sure.

Furthermore, any player who plays a priest but can't afford another prem alt for that kind of work should also be penalized, if he wants certain things done he should sub another alt...... wait......... what? 

MAKE UP YOUR GODDAMN MIND! 

A priest can catapult I think. I have not done so on my priest but the person who I acquired it from used a catapult from time to time. They were pretty good at it. Since my priest lives on the same deed as my other, there's no need for it to ever bash anything so I just never have tried. Might be worth looking at.

Priest cant use catapults.

And wen it comes to paying for premium, some players will do the priest insted.

Priests have limitations for a reason, if you want that ability hit unfaithful.

That was part of the original post.  I am looking for a reason why priest should take faith hits on their own deed to bash fences/walls.

This is the "suggestion and ideas" section of the forums, right?  I am only making the suggestion, and looking for constructive reasons why it should , or should not, be allowed.  Not the typical "well, we didn't have that back in my day" responses.

Maybe make it a option on the deed token/writ with a drop down box with the names of the citizens, and mayor can assign the bonus to one citizen at a time.

So, your reasoning is that a person that pays 2 premium accounts and 2 deed upkeeps must be punished by that. That's a sound logic right there. The number of jealous people in Wurm is too god damn high.

Without a in-depth change to priesthood to balance the inedequacies based on running a game on theoretical assumptions instead of actual behaviours allowing the mayor to assign the power is probably the best solution, maybe even extend this list to allies?

This is a great example of constructive feedback with an alternative solution to the issue raised.

Edited by Aaron_IRL

after thinking about it for a good 5+ hours

A or B

A.  Mayor "PRIEST or not" can bash ON DEED only without a faith check.

B.  under Roles have a box where you can put 1 single character name to be granted the mayor bonus.

SIDENOTE.. that person must have access by normal roles to use it bash. just this would give the the mayor bash bonus.

*** edited to remove typos

Edited by Notsodirt
  • Like 2

after thinking about it for a good 5+ hours

A or B

A.  Mayor "PRIEST or not" can bash on ON DEED only without a faith check.

B.  under Roles have a box where you can put 1 single character name to be granted the mayor bonus.

SIDENOTE.. that person must have access by normal roles to use it bash. just this would give the the mayor bash bonus.

This is exactly what I would say

Edited by necroe

Priest cant use catapults.

And wen it comes to paying for premium, some players will do the priest insted.

Are you sure about that?  I used one as a Mag priest, and I know a Fo priest that has used one, unless it's some weird Freedom only restriction

I've used one as a Mag priest on Freedom. Priests can definitely use catapults.

EDIT: However, I've only used it on fences. I know that you can't catapult buildings that you don't have the deed for outside of settlements, I'm not sure whether the mayor of a deed can catapult any building in that deed.

Edited by JasonSwift

Was under the impression anyone with destroy perms got the mayor destroy bonus.