Sign in to follow this  
griper

A little over 7 years ago...

Just found this on an old hard drive. Someone out there might remember this:

event.jpg

• Like 3

HAHA that video! The horror that was had when a spider came out of nowhere. The guy dying even knew he'd stand more of a chance running back to the people who are killing him

• Like 4

didnt need dragons back then with those spiders

wasnt fort mole the ww2ol crew? I came into wild shortly after once it fell to bits

Mmm good times.

EDIT: Heh those animations and sound effects

Edited by Klaa

Hmm , I do remember fort Mole. Was a lot of talk about it back then when I was playing wurm.

Just out of curiosity, what remains of the late Gold 1 / Early Gold 2 cities and old players?

• Like 1

Hmm , I do remember fort Mole. Was a lot of talk about it back then when I was playing wurm.

Just out of curiosity, what remains of the late Gold 1 / Early Gold 2 cities and old players?

Still around, I see a number of names I remember from before Gold 1 though these days some may have been sold on.

• Like 1

Just found this on an old hard drive. Someone out there might remember this:

event.jpg

It was a mighty fine stone brick...

Though in all seriousness, this was about the time I started playing wurm - I still have some wine produced in wurm year 1000 on Golden Valley...

It was a mighty  I still have some wine produced in wurm year 1000 on Golden Valley...

Party at your place

And about the thread, Is there any pictures?

I came to wurm with the ww2ol crew. I can post some old school screenshots of fort mole tomorrow.

• Like 1

....*doffs pith helmet*

...like archeology do you?  Well take a gander at this...[or is it goose?]...no matter.

Some interesting historical bits here.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1faU-byzgk8&index=22&list=UUb3T3oIAnPO9MNgXrs1jBJQ

The Fort Mole Memorial still exists, although the Light of Fo has lost it's wooden crown...and the

Mole Tomb has been significantly updated. Col. Ossus still overlooks the old site..and wonders

where did they all go?

A few of the Old Guard still stalk the Wild lands...toons that were not retired or sold.

Those that were out and about on "the day the fire fell" upon Fort Mole [Feb 1998]

got a good show. The "gods" allowed lightning to devour essentially all of the structures, to prevent them

from falling into disgraceful decay.]  After the fire from heaven stopped, and the walls were 

all gone...it was "the day of great looting" of all that remained for those toons that had

stopped by to watch the destruction.

Good times...and stout fellows.

XXOO

Dr. Lazarus

...and Vixine

edit for truth:  ummm...fire fell Feb 2008...not 1998.  

Edited by Grimleaper

(Grimleaper, I think you are 10 years off with the fire on FM...)

Gonna post some of the ancient screenshots I got laying around.

First one

BushmanLAs old map. We didnt have fancy ingame maps or even pixeldumps to navigate by.

raw002.jpg

We got raided in the beginning. Read the chat. Hard times:

313iv42.png

Bloodyhell was actually created and played by "DOC", one of the developers of WW2OL:

mwppj6.png

Edited by griper
  • Like 1

Heh I remember some of those raids... from the BL side.

i remember them, man that was 7 years ago..... why am i still playing lol

• Like 1

!S KG53 miss piloting the heinkel of d00m with my bombadier JamesI. Building fort motormouth was a lot of fun too.

<-- Fez but I mostly just read and troll the forums because this game is horrible.

<-- Fez but I mostly just read and troll the forums because this game is horrible.

3 rel

....and then there is the causeway linking the Waterworks to the OTHER side of the big water puddle.

Built by Moles.  Yep.  The structure is THAT old.  Oh, it has been savaged many times over the years..but

it's too useful to allow it to be vandalized into decrepitude.  During the battles for the THUNDERDOME...

it was ground zero for the daily "bashing of heads" contests.

...oh, the THUNDERDOME?  It  was not purpose built by the invading hordes.  It originally was

STANGS FB  [stangwild's firebase/forward base].  Build by one of the Moles from WW2ol...hinted

at by the "FB" designation.  Once Stangwild left, the really nice pad was just too tempting to ignore...and

it got...um...renovated into the THUNDERDOME.  

...[and now you know...the REST of the story...]

Hi Fez!

That bad?

Looks like most of the servers have under 100 players each , has something really bad happened lately and made players quit en masse or am I just reading the player numbers at the wrong time?

But good to see you around Fez , I guess you too are interested in watching wurm over time even if we don't play it anymore.

• Like 1