Sign in to follow this  
urban

Player groups

So after talking with some of the other players here’s a suggestion to the permissions system

Groups:

Anyone can create personal groups.
You will be able to add anyone of the same and enemy kingdom to the group.
You will be able to give the group access to writs, boats, mine doors, etc.

You will be able to type /managegroups which will bring up a window where he can see all the groups he own.

Untitled-1_01.png

If you click manage on a group you get a new window where you can change different settings and add new members:

Untitled-1_02.png

If wurm can handle the massive amount of data it would to pull, those two windows could easily go into one:

Here you can just select the group you want to change and it will show up on the right.
The usability of the interface would be much better, but it will require wurm to pull a lot more of data

Untitled-1_2.png

The whole point of this group system is so that you no longer need to add different people
to your friends list to give them access to different things
and you won’t need different alt’s to own your stuff to have different permission settings.

In the way I see it this would enable you to make let’s say Group1(G1) with all your alts in it,
add G1 to your writ and all your alts now have access,
then you can make G2 with all your close friends who should also have access and add them.
This would enable you too quickly and pain free add and remove multiple people from write, boats etc.

If a writ or boat is given to a new person the writ/boat should be stripped of all players/groups and it’s up to the new owner to add people/groups.

This suggestion will require some of the current permission system to change so it would not be a thing that’s doable right now
but should be done with the much needed rewrite some of the other permissions systems like the writs.

• Like 17

+1 Would really be a big improvement to the management settings

+1 from me.

Would be convenient to put all my alts onto writs with 1 click, instead of 8+.

+1

Great idea. It could be useful in so many ways.

+1 too many alts to wanna add them to all writs. Plus it'd be nice to not accidentally add people. Or lose track of some people who have 10+ alts.

+!

if either this or the team system could be used for healing groups that would be awesome!

Edited by Aum

+1 yes please, I'm getting tierd of seeing people in the writ management opties that aren't even on my friends list anymore too.

This would be a much easier sollution