Sign in to follow this  
MamaDarkness

Incomplete templates

Updated 17 of them, just 2 left: Slice of cake and Source salt.

gave the source salt the image it needed can't see what else it needs

related to images, I noticed the question mark bag is always put when there is no image, but that makes those pages not show in the report for pages with no images and can make it hard to follow up on them later.

Fixed source salt and cake.

Whenever you add an item you have to fill out as much of the template as possible. 

For these two items even though you uploaded the image to the wiki and it shows you need to add |image=, |name=, etc. still into the template. 

Review this page for what the proper template is.

http://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Template:Item

Edited by Ruger

related to images, I noticed the question mark bag is always put when there is no image, but that makes those pages not show in the report for pages with no images and can make it hard to follow up on them later.

What information is missing from Felled Tree?

The point of the item template is to show how to create something. Putting a redirect link in it because we can't figure out how to properly code it doesn't seem right.

I see this page is marking Felled tree as incomplete but the only to fix it is to show a link to woodcutting, which doesn't fulfill the task the item template is supposed to do.

What information is missing from Felled Tree?

The point of the item template is to show how to create something. Putting a redirect link in it because we can't figure out how to properly code it doesn't seem right.

I see this page is marking Felled tree as incomplete but the only to fix it is to show a link to woodcutting, which doesn't fulfill the task the item template is supposed to do.

I can't figure it out either. 

That's why I used the other template, at least then it wasn't on the incomplete list lol

I'd think having more useful information should take precedence over an error message. That whole section which redirects users to another page feels like a hack to me; "we don't' know how to fix the main part so we'll add a new simplified section and hide the old way behind some "if" statements.

There is even a comment in talk about false positives.

I've been looking at the wikipedia help docs on templates to try and figure out what's happening but haven't made any progress.

I believe I fixed the "if" logic on Template:Item which adds entries to incomplete templates page. Felled tree is now working correctly. As a test I broke plank by removing a required template field and this added plank to incomplete templates.

<!-- If (1 creation and (2 anyone from create group - active and pasive and [3)- at least one of group or groupM or TopMost or assemble must be NOT empty] and materials and result and skill - are empty add to Incomplete item templates -->
{{#if:{{{creation|}}}
|
|{{#if:{{#if: {{{active|}}}
|{{#if: {{{passive|}}}
|{{#if:{{#if: {{{group|}}}
|{{{group|}}}
|{{#if: {{{groupM|}}}
|{{{groupM|}}}
|{{#if: {{{TopMost|}}}
|{{{TopMost|}}}
|{{#if:{{{assemble|}}}
|{{{assemble|}}}