Sign in to follow this  
Trooper

Xanadu Public Directory

Massively overdue update

If anyone has anything to add to the list, let me know. If theres interest I'll also look at putting sermon group info on here.

Map

Link: http://wurmonlinemaps.com/Maps/Xanadu

Forum: http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/145689-new-xanadu-community-map-10316/

Markets

Market, Region, Map Locale(Grid)

Contacts, Forum thread

Glasshollow Public Market & Harbour, Glasshollow, North West (C11)

Paulofdune, http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/105202-public-glasshollow-market/

Hollow Springs Market, Linton, Central West (J11/12)

Ascorbic, http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/106394-hollow-springs-market-place/

Amish Sanctuary Market, Summerholt, North East (G24)

Aniceset, http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/144826-amish-sanctuary-sermon-group-market-now-open/

Esteron Market, Esteron, South East (Q25/R25)

Jotun or Araninco

Black Forest Bazaar, Lormere, South West (Q13)

Fraeya, http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/136819-black-forest-bazaar-q13-the-largest-market-in-the-southwest/

Rag and Bone Market, Esteron, South East (P22)

Stargrace, Yetian or Vannin, http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/133739-rag-and-bone-market-p22/

Canals

Canal, Location, Construction Phase

Contact, Forum thread

FogShore Canal, J12/J13, Complete

Gurkin, http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/103933-fogshore-cave-canal-project-j-12-13/

Ageless Canal, E20/E21, Complete

Dredbanger

Ankh Canal/MK Canal(?), i19/J19, Complete

Toth

Darq Canal, J16/J18, Knarr passable

Barricade

Kings Landing Canal, P23, Complete

MagicMike

Maes Knoll Twin Canals(?), G17/G18, Complete

Qdlaty

Remember, post or pm me(ingame: Trooperau) so I can build this list up.

Edited by Trooper
Update
  • Like 4

I would say for Linton you can contact me. Killroth has also offered to take over finishing the north portion, and Reegsman has been working on one fork of the south Highway..There is not a huge amount of traffic so nobody has really been in a hurry but it is being built.

There has been a deed droped for Linton Market, touching Lintons south perimiter. However the work being done around Linton is a long term decorative idea and will take a long time to be set up. Coming Soon

Edited by Calypsoi
  • Like 1

Newspring City Canal
S9, Entrance from East side of island, 144 tiles long to the middle of Newspring Island, lands in a man made marina.

The Clint Eastwood market isn't a market at all. It has one stall for the past about two weeks. Their is a huge canal project under way near votd led up by the lake town alliance. I'll get details on that to ya soon. Also votd will be working on massive highway and guard tower work within yhe coming few weeks heading to lormere. Will get a formal thread posted about that whenever we decide official route and finish discussing with local deed owners and such.

• Like 1

Good info Ruger. Removed that market and added placeholders for the projects you mentioned.

Here is a map of the currently finished road sections for the road/connectivity system between Valley of The Damned&Lormere area and the Linton area

1Xy6nyE.png

It's a 1 tile large round cobblestone road perfectly walkable except for the 80% done q13 ramp which should be done soon. If you have a cart/horse the ramp include a straight 40 dirt slope cart/horse line next to the soon to be finished walkable/serpentine ramp.

oG4JdxO.jpg

(you can slide down the cart/horse part of the ramp instead of just walking down the serpentine road if it's your thing but don't come complaining to me later if you died because of your bad choice/lack of sliding skills)

You can easily walk from the south end of the road to Valley of The Damned atm if you follow the coast but i am still planning a more easy/obvious road from there to Valley of The Damned for people who want to move stuff in carts. It's just hard to build a road there because of the amount of deeds on the coast prevent terraforming. I guess i will do something easier and faster to navigate a little more inland later.

The connection from the north part to the N11 area (aka "the ###### hills" area) is currently going on and i will probably just go straight north to directly connect the road to Linton after that.

You can easily walk from the south end of the road to Valley of The Damned atm if you follow the coast but i am still planning a more easy/obvious road from there to Valley of The Damned for people who want to move stuff in carts. It's just hard to build a road there because of the amount of deeds on the coast prevent terraforming. I guess i will do something easier and faster to navigate a little more inland later.

The connection from the north part to the N11 area (aka "the ###### hills" area) is currently going on and i will probably just go straight north to directly connect the road to Linton after that.

Edited by Ruger

Serp just a heads up there are a couple of choices there for Linton. There is a crude path cut across some hills that needs a lot of work, it will be done eventually but for the short term may not be the best choice. It goes up around N10 to the east of that little lake.

Now better choice for getting a connection fast is Reegsman's road. His deed is claymore banks, and he has at least got all of the sloping done to Linton from his deed (mostly only 1 wide but its nicely travelable and a lot of it paved) and I have noticed he has started to go up the steep desert behind his deed to the more easily travelable hills.

As a general FYI, DKSprocket is an amazing neighbor very helpful and inclusive. The area around here is amazing and I gladly give him full terraform access to my deeds. Couldn't be a better Wurmian!

• Like 1

Now better choice for getting a connection fast is Reegsman's road. His deed is claymore banks, and he has at least got all of the sloping done to Linton from his deed (mostly only 1 wide but its nicely travelable and a lot of it paved) and I have noticed he has started to go up the steep desert behind his deed to the more easily travelable hills.

Well i ended up the road up the hill over that ramp. It goes from there to south coast.

Is there a canal around E20 or D18/19? Planning a boating trip so i can relocate and im hoping for some canals otherwise i have a distance to traverse thats equal to two sides of xanadu and im not looking forward to that.

I'm lead to believe there is 2 canals at the D18/19 area connecting that lake north of Greymead to the northern ocean. Most likely its shallow draft vessels only atm. One of the mayors in that area has been helping people get into that lake, but i can't think of his name atm. I was planning a trip in that direction sometime next week to check it all out. Can confirm once i have laid eyes upon it.

Edited by Trooper

Hello! I'm currently working on a public market called Elysium Market at H18/G18 on the edge of the lake. I also have plans for a highway that will go from Greymead north( I want to see where other highways are going to be placed before I finalize this ). I also have plans for canals between those 3 large lakes.

Well thats good. But the canal at G17 qdlaty told me it was delayed. Is the area passable with a ship transporter?

Opelika Market   Located at E/F 25/26

Contact Booskii

Bell Tower Bay Market - the new contact is Misvengery.  Also completing 2 ile road from Summerholt to Market, surroounding area and beyond.

I see there is a note about Trooperau working on a road south of the "J" line from Greymead. Already a road south from Greymead, goes all the way to the lake. (If you mean more to the West and further South then that makes sense).

Edited by geode

Updated.

Geode - Yeap, I'm working south of the mountains in the J line.