Sign in to follow this  
Klaa

Haunts and Player Ghosts

Ghosts and haunts wandering around old deed sites, at least ones that were occupied by larger deeds for a significant period of time. Especially around gravestones?

Only harmed by priests and/or specialized weapons?

A possible usage for priests in exorcising the spirits and cleansing the area. BL priests could feed of or increase the haunted.

On player ghosts, I recall how in Ultima Online when one died you became a wandering spirit and were invisible to other players until you came near and started talking. Course to most players you looked like a cloaked ghost and anything spoken, sounded like ""Ooooo oOOOOoooo!" unless they had enough points in a skill called Spirit Speak

Was unable to interact with anything else ingame for the most part. Couldnt walk through walls; though, that was a shame.

Players could resurrect other player ghosts, and there were a few wandering NPC healers as well.

Was thinking something similar for Wurm; although the potential for spy abuse (on pvp and pve) is readily apparent. Most interesting usage of this could come from having only certain features, items, etc visible from the "spirit" realm.

Standalone or a possible tie-in with enhancements to the current death system:

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/108202-new-addition-to-death-and-injury-plus-a-bl-res-alternative/

• Like 3

+1.2, this seems like a cool idea, leave marks in wurm were old deeds that stood for months used to be.

I can already foresee the inevitable "-1 spies" replies to player ghosts, but YES, PLEASE!

It would have to be very easy to remove these wandering spirits around deeds that have collapsed.

It takes long enough for buildings etc to decay as it is, without added work ontop of that.

My wife and I keep hearing a female falling sounds and a pig squeal on our deeds once in awhile.

Ya I think maybe add sounds effects to gravestones or allow you to make a crypt structure or something of that nature.

[12:34:56] The ghost of Klaa scares you with "Booo!"

[12:34:56] Mind logic decreased by 10

+1 aslong as they couldn't go through locked things or walls.

There was another topic on old deed ghosts that guarded the area and were supposed to be difficult to defeat, I do not like that idea.

I approve only if old deed ghost were just decorative, non-aggressive, or as easy to kill as a rat. Personally, I'd prefer decorative, just floating aimlessly around the old deed and unable to be interacted with at all.

It might also be interesting if, rather than become a ghost on death, you spawn a ghost over your corpse that floats around it within a few tiles until your body decays or is buried. If you died in an unfamiliar area, it would make finding your body easier. However, if player corpses spawned ghosts, then I'd prefer old deed sites do not as it would take away from the novelty of death.

Sounds like the original thread I wrote up quite a few months ago.

While typing up the player ghost stuff, I was reminded of it and so added.