Sign in to follow this  
Middi

Can Rolf Explain...

Maybe to avoid threads full of what people think Rolf intends the game to be (including myself), Rolf could tell us his vision, then we can just offer ideas to further his vision.  :)

Hes not just going to waltz in the thread and discuss the future.

Unless you have asked him personally and he has agreed.

I know, but I'm asking the question as there seems to be some confusion as to whether PvP is helping or hindering the game. I'm presuming the game was intended to be based around waring kingdoms, but by some of the threads and responses to PvP in general it could leave you wondering.

Edit: Just an example, but led to my thread here

http://wurmonline.com/forum/index.php?topic=18776.0

I know, but I'm asking the question as there seems to be some confusion as to whether PvP is helping or hindering the game. I'm presuming the game was intended to based around waring kingdoms, but by some of the threads and responses to PvP in general it could leave you wondering.

PVP is what it is. People can choose it or they can't. However, when it was practically forced on those who didn't want it, that's when the problems arouse. When they were separate everything got on fine. That's why the completely non PVP server is coming out :)

A game without client hackers and cheaters for a start :)

I know many coders that write for PB and theres still hacks for BF2 that are undected, same for any game on any engine. Unfortually, the only thing you can do is keep trying... :)

I know, but I'm asking the question as there seems to be some confusion as to whether PvP is helping or hindering the game. I'm presuming the game was intended to based around waring kingdoms, but by some of the threads and responses to PvP in general it could leave you wondering.

PVP is what it is. People can choose it or they can't. However, when it was practically forced on those who didn't want it, that's when the problems arouse. When they were separate everything got on fine. That's why the completely non PVP server is coming out :)

+1

But some players take it abit too far, however in the end its all for laughs  :P

I don't think people are going to stop arguing about this game and the course its on or suggesting inane or inappropriate features just because rolf described his vision in detail.

• Like 1

How do you know Rolfs got other things on his mind, like his social life? O wait im sorry we dont know what that is in here.

I don't see why people would argue AGAINST this. I mean, what do we have to lose from knowing what Rolf's planning?

I've herd word of large changes, but I'm pretty sure hes keeping it locked up between him and the GMs.

annnnnd 10 years on and we are still asking what future updates will be like? i love old post resurrection

• Like 4

i could have gone two years earlier.. just figured 10 years was a nice rounded number

Yeah, now this is some necromantic stuff right here.

Rolf initial vision at that time was home servers and wild servers both with full PVP like epic is nowadays.

The big home server raid was quite shocking and cool at the same time.

• Like 2

i wish i were playing ten years ago.. really would have been happy to take part in the early days

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Drastox said:

i wish i were playing ten years ago.. really would have been happy to take part in the early days

It was a cool time. So many mysteries in the world of Wurm. Plus back in the days there were more endgames than there are now.

Experienced players were especially studying uniques and finding ways to dominate them or pen them, which was an amazing thing to do. But also pan fountains were something very unique to find on abandoned deeds. Wild PVP was quite active too, there was a lot raids going on between JK and BL.

• Like 3

I think you can see Rolf's vision now fulfilled, to retire from programming and managing the game while turning it over to other capable hands to continue its future. Still it remains his child who has just flown the nest while he keeps a watchful eye upon it.

=Ayes=

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Sklo:D said:

Experienced players were especially studying uniques and finding ways to dominate them or pen them, which was an amazing thing to do. But also pan fountains were something very unique to find on abandoned deeds. Wild PVP was quite active too, there was a lot raids going on between JK and BL.

If future updates would include new mechanics without DETAILS, let the players figure out the mysteries... It once was a thing...

I give BIG credits for the EXACT 10 years necro! Now please change your image to a skull or something :P

9 hours ago, Sklo:D said:

It was a cool time. So many mysteries in the world of Wurm. Plus back in the days there were more endgames than there are now.

Dude I miss fountain pans so much... AHHHHHHH!!! Why did you have to remind me?!? 

4 hours ago, Odynn said:

I give BIG credits for the EXACT 10 years necro! Now please change your image to a skull or something :P

yeah your right! Haven't changed this image in years