Sign in to follow this  
Ayes

Uncommon Ore Distribution = Xanadu

There is a lot of Marble, Gold, and Iron near J 10-12 on the in-game map on Xanadu, that mountain is loaded with it.  I prospected over 5 total just from 1 tile on the outside.

41x61, i know of 6 iron veins in the area, uncovered two........ and a gold vein that had 192 ores in it 

raining_david_tennant_nosedrip.gif

Edited by Mordraug

I've done a bit of surface prospecting north and west of Esteron. I found a bit of slate off to the NE (and promptly deeded over it, since I don't have slate access on Pristine.) I also prospected a ton of lead somewhere SW of Esteron.

It is a density variation issue, and I'm fairly certain it is deliberate. 

It was some kind of an experiment in "regional ore fields" IMHO, that I am personally not impressed with, up to this point.

In the middle-west. Our area has so much marble its insane, at least 2 for every 1 iron vein. 

I have to travel to distant mines to see other ores

Edited by Garnetstar

Maybe someone can take the ingame map, make it like black and white and ontop of the landscape add like colours for the regional ores that we report.

But if i want some gold, silver or whatnot, its much faster for me to travel back to our deed at Deli server than to take a trip around xanadu.

A lot of helpful information here. I was able to find slate and copper not real far from Glasshollow due to the contributions of others. So, thanks again.

=Ayes=

There is a lot of Marble, Gold, and Iron near J 10-12 on the in-game map on Xanadu, that mountain is loaded with it.  I prospected over 5 total just from 1 tile on the outside.

Are you sure its J -10 -12 I've been all over the north and east side and only found iron there so far.Any chance you could be refine the search area?

Found Iron so far in the region of (very south of) Lormere.

Still going in, about 8 tiles in, nothing but iron.

I realise the distribution is odd, and the trees etc are extremely regional, but it feels right, and a challenge we can work on. Trade, forestry etc :)

We have started (with success) eliminating large areas of apple tree infestation around us.

If I find anything but Iron, will post.

Hmm We live at I/J 10 only Iron where is the gold ) ?

Copper, slate, tin and zinc have all been located within the Glasshollow surrounding area now, in locations that I know of. Some is in private reserves, so not available to everyone. I had seen marble mentioned as well.

On my own deed only many iron veins, with maybe only 1/8 of it explored thus far. Too many diverted interests to be systematically mining tunnels in search of what might remain hidden within.

=Ayes=