Hawkstars

Delete please!

Show support or hate lol  

66 members have voted

1. 1. do you want this?

• Yes
    • No
    • Yes but needs more detail.

Yes i know this has been suggested before though i think in a different way.

First make it so we can craft doube beds and bunkbeds and diapers and cribs. Now to create the double bed all.you need is 2 regular beds and you have to have em side by side, next you have to add both to a crafting table and then you can make double bed which just looks like a bed cept 2x as wide with 2 pillows on it. Now the use for it would be that 2 people could log out in it instead of 1. Now if a married couple logged out in it they would receive half sleep bonus ;) but have the option to "mate" while they were offline. When they log in depending on their soul stats the female would be pregnant and would deliver in 8-10 months in game. Now when child is born it should be a baby which basicly just cries and makes dirty "cloth diapers" which need changing to keep it healthy. When baby hits 1 in game year it can crawl and get bigger animation at 2 in game yrs it can walk and at 5 it can run around and just needs a meal once a day to live. Now the benefit of having babies would be not only a immersion aspect but also improves village productivity, tamed animals happines/loyalty, and when they become 21 you can give them gear for fighting and they can be set a village guards with FS of tower guards. Now to keep them from being OP they will be a pain to raise as children are lol and require attention.

Now as for the bunk beds mentioned they are same as double bed when crafting but reuquire some planks shafts and small nails. Baby cribs will need a bed a bunch of shafts small nails and a couple toys. Cloth diapers are just made with needles on square pieces of cloth.

Edited by Hawkstars

We have plenty of Wurm children, read chat more often.

• Like 19

A side affect would be a form of prostitution, especially if the parents' stats have any impact. Not that Im saying that would be a bad thing persay.

It was somewhat fun when a deal with zombies and breeding allowed for player offspring for a time. During that time I was just strolling by a tower -minding my own business- when a mob with a zombie model came out of nowhere, called son of Glory or somesuch. Was a bit of a WTF moment.

I always thought children would make for an interesting mechanic even if it ranged from a simple NPC "pet" to an alternative character for when your old one dies from old age or whatever. Even an alternative to creating new characters from scratch.

Although the AI would have to be fairly advanced for what exists atm with pets. If the pathfinding is poor, getting stuck around structures could be a major issue.

On a sidenote, I have heard of some games that did similar. There was even one infamous case some years back over a poor Korean couple whose RL baby died from neglect, I forget the name of that game... dont think its running anymore. It had an NPC-raising mechanic as well.

EDIT: Something that allows for babysitters would be nice. Oh yeah and kidnappers...

Edited by Klaa

Voted no, but if this were implemented it would have to be pve only, on pvp it would be used as a new way to get guards for villages without paying for spirit Templars.  And I can't help but see an abuse of the mechanic, or folks later saying the children should be able to perform tasks, not just guard.

only if we can grind AH on the babies!

seriously though, -1

• Like 2

Except the offspring should be able to perma-die in pvp. Not to mention the time and expense invested, since it should only be a prem ability. Not to mention the time that could have been spent on another skill or project.

Pve wise I think they shouldnt have permadeath.

One of the most sordid ideas I heard around here.

voted no for the poll description alone

"Poll: Show support or hate lol"

At this time, in this game, its a no.

Maybe in ten years, if Wurm has really evolved the idea could have more merit.

-1 no time for making childs too much grinding  :P  :lol:  B)

-1 to Slave Labor!

Think of the Children!  :P

Voted no, last thing I'd want to see is an npc pooping itself.

But in all seriousness, still no.

• Like 3

We have plenty of Wurm children, read chat more often.

-1 no time for making childs too much grinding  :P  :lol:  B)

It'd still be a whole bunch of grinding just a different kind haha oh boy

heheh

voted no for the poll description alone

"Poll: Show support or hate lol"

Lol didnt know what to name it

First yes i beleive this should be freedom only... children should not be in the war zone. Also the children would not be able to work so child slave labor would not be possible as that is just horribly wrong.

Also the children would not be able to work so child slave labor would not be possible as that is just horribly wrong.

It's only slavery if you sell the child, otherwise it is parenting. Peasant children worked to help support their families in pre-industrial cultures, so unless the kid was born into a wealthy home with servants to do their bidding, a non-working child was just a lazy sloth who would probably soon be on the receiving end of corporal punishment. Children from 1000 years ago probably did more work in a day than you do in a week.

(I might also point out that many parents sold their children into slavery in certain societies, but this was not universal, and was generally frowned upon even before slavery was stigmatized.)

• Like 1