Sign in to follow this  
koroth

Woa on Armor Pieces

Not sure if this has been suggested before, but thought this might be a nice Casting addition to armor:

Casting WOA on Boots could allow a small speed boost to people on foot (works same as WOA on horseshoes)

Casting WOA on Gloves/Gauntlets allow a small speed boost to Attack/Block speeds and/or chance.

Any thoughts?

• Like 1

lol always them PvPers who shoot down valid and good suggestions.

• Like 1

Its come up before for usage on armor and even body parts on the old inventory system.

Personally it would be fine if it enabled someone unarmored to  possibly survive against an armored opponent. Much akin to Fo's oakshield/thornshield only coming into play for unarmored.

Speaking of... anyone know if cloth armor counts as armored in that regard?

EDIT: Keep in mind pvpers are more likely to be aware of how something may impact the system, rather than some kind of dog- hoarding-the-fodder mentality. Not to say such doesn't exist.

Edited by Klaa

Stop making harder replacing PvP gear.

Edited by Dextrome

EDIT: Keep in mind pvpers are more likely to be aware of how something may impact the system, rather than some kind of dog- hoarding-the-fodder mentality. Not to say such doesn't exist.

Edited by Ruger

then don't die

Don't you say?

I didn't know about it, thank you very much for your answer.

Your right they would be more likely to be aware which is why most exploits and windows of opportunity are exposed by the pvp'ers, abused by the pvp'ers then when their enemies find out about it, the pvp'ers who used it are the first to complain so it gets fixed so no one can beat them.

As far as affecting the current system, what would the boots do? Allow someone a little bit more of a chance to keep up with the pvp'er who pops a farwalker? the gloves, sounds like the days of when WoA worked on weapons which never should of been taken away in the first place... But the pvpers didnt like it...

Farwalker? what is that? we don't have such things on Epic.

So I'm going a head and say Freedom only, that way only Chaos players will have to deal with it.

then don't die

Don't you say?

I didn't know about it, thank you very much for your answer.

Edited by Dextrome

Use cloth armour, then you can run almost as fast as unarmored.

Your right they would be more likely to be aware which is why most exploits and windows of opportunity are exposed by the pvp'ers, abused by the pvp'ers then when their enemies find out about it, the pvp'ers who used it are the first to complain so it gets fixed so no one can beat them.

As far as affecting the current system, what would the boots do? Allow someone a little bit more of a chance to keep up with the pvp'er who pops a farwalker? the gloves, sounds like the days of when WoA worked on weapons which never should of been taken away in the first place... But the pvpers didnt like it...

Yup you're right. Pvpers are cheaters and general scum. Murderous thugs that would kill you just for your boots.

Sarcasm aside, the woa wouldnt change anything in the long term if it worked on armor. It would just end up being another highly sought-after enchant on armor, more advantage to the haves than the have-nots. The guy with the farwalker in that scenario would be more likely to be using woa'ed armor as well than the chasers (if he can afford farwalker then Im sure he has access to high end armor). In high level fights, it would become a constant value that can be discarded from the calculation of who wins.

Now if woa worked on non-armored bodies, then it would be more of an equalizer at least in terms of armor usage.

Also get your info straight. :P  The majority of pvpers loved woa on weapons but Rolf felt it was too much eventually. Im still dispelling woa off my old weapon stash when I shifted back to Chaos after two years mucking around on Epic  :P  Over fifty longswords alone... granted some opponents back then were just using trash. Really need to do some spring cleaning.  :ph34r:

Edited by Klaa

with valid reasons too, of course.

+1 if BOTD Works too then.

Oh and ruger, alec is not a pvper, hes just a simple carebear like me.

+1 if BOTD Works too then.

Oh and ruger, alec is not a pvper, hes just a simple carebear like me.

Propheteer agreed with me, he must be a carebear too :/

• Like 1

Yes it is valid, no it is not a good suggestion in my opinion.

The woa on gloves affecting blocking etc seems very silly idea to me, and there would be no point in woa boots anyway since most of the time you are on a mount.

Edited by Thrrim

there would be no point in woa boots anyway since most of the time you are on a mount.

Who is? I see people on foot way more often than riders...

Who is? I see people on foot way more often than riders...

Anyone that can have and ride a horse? And if you can afford getting enchanted ARMOR on a PvE server, you can probably afford a sturdy horse.

It should be item specific, as in The WoA on the item reduces the speed penalty of that item only. Wearing WoA gear shouldn't make you any faster than if you weren't wearing that armor piece and slapping on some WoA boots shouldn't make up for a plate breastplate. 100 cast = 50% reduction?

It shouldn't stack. You can have BotD (speed effect only, same magnitude as WoA) armor, WoA armor, AoSP armor or Web Armor...armor. You pick what is more important for a given piece. If you get one enchantment it makes a tactical choice. If they stack it becomes another gear gap between elite vs average.

• Like 1