Sign in to follow this  
Aetherwalker

A moment of silence for Robin Williams

My favorite movie that he was in, What Dreams May Come, is now ruined for me. He was one of the true bright lights of the world and will be missed. It's extra sad when someone that brought so much joy to so many ends with no joy of their own.

• Like 2

Very sad very sad...

I was really looking forward to his next movies mrs. doubtfire 2 and the night of the museum movie.

I for one enjoyed his standup comedy better than his movies. Methinks when I get home from work I'll just binge them for a few hours.

May he rest in peace!

Edited by Lovefall

#wrecked

May he rest in peace, but that's it - I'm sorry, I'm not keeping moments of silence for people committing suicide. Not caring about the people that will suffer after you, and just picking the easy way is lowly in my eyes.

Edited by Ruger
  • Like 20

Rest in peace, Robin Williams. 

And a big +1 to Ruger's post

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

Later edit: May he rest in peace! 

Edited by Lovefall

And btw to those who think depression is a choice. Depression is not something you can just decide not to have it is an illness just like cancer or diabetes. You cant just choose to stop having cancer can you? No! Didnt think so, and the same goes for depression. So before you start judging those with depression as weak minded do your research. Thank you.

• Like 13

If this guy can keep a positive attitude, then everyone in the world can.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lrXTvOTncU

You have no idea what you are talking about, so please stop.

Edit: R.I.P.

Him in Hook and Jumanji, those were my childhood films :(

Edited by Fooligun
  • Like 5

If this guy can keep a positive attitude, then everyone in the world can.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lrXTvOTncU

You should stop trying to compare one mans struggles to another mans struggles.

You don't know his story, you don't know his walk, what that man has seen, heard, felt, and been through. All we see are the laughs, the tears, and the hours of joy he had provided us.

• Like 1

nanu nanu.

I'm gonna have to watch good will hunting soon as the darn thing loads far enough in, and what dreams may come later today.

Here's to the guy.

"Yes. One time in makeup as Mrs. Doubtfire, I walked into a sex shop in San Francisco and tried to buy a double-headed dildo. Just because. Why not? And the guy was about to sell it to me until he realized it was me - Robin Williams - not an older Scottish woman coming in to look for a very large dildo and a jar of lube. He just laughed and said "what are you doing here" and I left. Did I make the purchase? No. * Did I walk away with a really good story? *Yes."

Edited by williamwierd
  • Like 1

And btw to those who think depression is a choice. Depression is not something you can just decide not to have it is an illness just like cancer or diabetes. You cant just choose to stop having cancer can you? No! Didnt think so, and the same goes for depression. So before you start judging those with depression as weak minded do your research. Thank you.

Depression is not an illness like cancer or diabetes. If you studied or have ever had depression it is very much a mind issue. It can stem from many different things including weak minded individuals, but more often real depression stems for much worse. It by no means is an easy cure but it by no means is cancer either.

It is indeed though a sad that, that a person who seemed so fun and full of life was suffering on his own. Suicide no matter how bad you may think things are though should never be a choice.

Everyone please stop with the "fighting" back and forther over the depression/suicide stuff.  Just keep it civil and remember Robin Williams for what he did.  Keep it on topic.  Lets just try and keep it positive please. 

He was one of my favorite comedians, so please don't start making this like a chaos thread.

• Like 1

Even this will get me to break my moment of silence from the forums...... It's extremely sad news to hear this happened to him.

I often say, those that attempt to bring happiness to others, Often sacrifice there own for others.  Not because they need to, but because it brings some joy to them.  

He was a great actor, and beyond that, a great person. It's extremely sad to see it end like this, Many great people die in this fashion.... And so many, don't understand the true reasons.  I fear, many of them are unable to even understand them.

I hope his remaining relatives don't get swamped with people now, including his close friends.

I'm sure the people I talk to on a weekly basis know exactly what I mean when I say sacrificing themselves, We talk weekly about it.  Maybe this will point on what I try to explain better then anything I myself could come up with.  Though this isn't the way I'd wish to teach that lesson.

• Like 4

[Removed quote]

Could not have said it better myself.

For anyone who had even a modicum of respect for Robin Williams in his life, I urge them to use his death as a catalyst to get educated about mental illness (and addiction, which a great many Wurmians should know a little something about). And until you get educated, STFU.

Edited by Schiann
  • Like 9