Sign in to follow this  
Danny

Remove mycellium from the game

Hi

Please remove mycellium benefits from the game so everyone can stop saying how OP it is. Its actually more annoying than anything else, you can't get horses, hunting sucks and its not possible to gather/forage/botanize meaning that we can't make compasses wine etc. The nutrition benefit is basically pointless anyway.

thanks.

Edited by Danny

Actually its pretty handy to have around. I know from personal experience, and I played BL back when mycelium was even better. Was a real pain trying to get it to spread initially; however, you newer players have no idea.  :P

The discipline in not absorbing the few patches... nurturing it with regular blood sacrifices... singing to it at night... sheltering it from storms...

Granted it was a pain when one wants to harvest or breed grazers.

• Like 1

Actually its pretty handy to have around. I know from personal experience, and I played BL back when mycelium was even better. Was a real pain trying to get it to spread initially; however, you newer players have no idea.  :P

The discipline in not absorbing the few patches... nurturing it with regular blood sacrifices... singing to it at night... sheltering it from storms...

Granted it was a pain when one wants to harvest or breed grazers.

Sadly its more of a hindrence these days. Perhaps if the gathering and mobspawning was allowed it would work, otherwise its just annoying.

Sadly its more of a hindrence these days. Perhaps if the gathering and mobspawning was allowed it would work, otherwise its just annoying.

Its just part of the tradeoff. At least that was the usual argument against harvesting and grazing on it.

Although increased mushroom growth would have been awesome. I like ma shrooms in Wurm, even if there is no decent means of storage.

Edited by Klaa

You cant be serious...

Now if you would have said add forage / botanize to mycelium and allow harvests from trees and such I may have +1'd it

Edited by Yesirn

You cant be serious...

Now if you would have said add forage / botanize to mycelium and allow harvests from trees and such I may have +1'd it

Perhaps my post wasn't clear. This is exactly my intention - remove the absorb and nutrition features and allow foraging/harvesting.

Perhaps my post wasn't clear. This is exactly my intention - remove the absorb and nutrition features and allow foraging/harvesting.

still a -1

Because the absorb and nutrition features are to stay imo

Edited by Yesirn

Ah and need Myc for path of Hate too. That had slipped my mind  :P

Noo :unsure:

Ah and need Myc for path of Hate too. That had slipped my mind  :P

The actual mycellium tile can stay, it should just function like grass otherwise. Hate tiles should be able to spawn outside of HOTS territory anyway, its not fair that they don't.

The actual mycellium tile can stay, it should just function like grass otherwise. Hate tiles should be able to spawn outside of HOTS territory anyway, its not fair that they don't.

Nah Myc already exists outside of current BL territory on Chaos for hate tiles (thank the old school BL for that); though, "fair" has never bothered me before. Games are inherently unfair. Balance is another matter.

Edited by Klaa

Well seems theres plenty hate for this one on all sides, I still feel it is way over-rated and only the absorb function has any true value.

A follower of a god of light would not want to follow the path of hate, lets be honest here, you would be much happier if you moved over to BL immediately.  :D

Well seems theres plenty hate for this one on all sides, I still feel it is way over-rated and only the absorb function has any true value.

Edited by Klaa

Giving up so easily? I was still waiting for an alternative BL ability, actually been pondering one myself for the rez stone ability. In similar respects to how in DnD one finally dies from bleeding out -10 hp. The Battlefield multiplayer franchise has the body remain for a certain time period for possible medic rezzing, the player can lengthen the window by not respawnign asap.

Although what I have in mind would require overhauling the death and injury system to allow for resurrections, primitive surgery, resuscitation, ancient version of CPR, mouth-to-mouth for drowning and choking, whatever

Currently in Wurm, you run out of hp... you're dead and immediately respawned.

I would argue for a certain time period before final death where you can be revived in a manner befitting the nature of the fatal injuries.

The player would only be lootable after final death (maybe some limited stripping allowed during), and during that critical period you can be pulled to safety, healed on the spot, or just left to bleed out.

Of course any resurection magic should require heavy concentration, faith, and favor.

A BL version could make use of Rebirth to allow the BL player limited control of their zombie char till 24hrs comes (logging off leaves the zombie as a NPC). Throw in some lust for blood, gore, and brains for fun.

EDIT: Of course another thread but an example of what I mean.

Edited by Danny

Hmm a last ditch suicidal attack... could be arguable Mag; though, it feels more like a Libila style attack.

Hmm a last ditch suicidal attack... could be arguable Mag; though, it feels more like a Libila style attack.

Getting close. Kinda akin to Fo's enchant for lack of armor.