Sign in to follow this  
Daolin

Balance res Stones and the free res stone effect

Should Non-Mag priests need to pay 5 silver for the benefit of a res stone?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Should Non-Mag priests need to pay 5 silver for the benefit of a res stone?

• Yes
    • No

I propose that magranon priests are given sand as equivilent to mycellium, Weakness is removed completely, our spells act like your spells instead of internal wounds and drain health has a 10second cooldown ( not cast time increase ). Magnaron priests are given LitD in exchange we get res bonus and 25% damage, magnaron priests can also woodcut. Sound fair?

Edit to tidy this up a bit:

Mag gains

Sand as Mycelium

Weakness removed completely

No more internal wounds

Drain health cooldown 10-20 seconds

Woodcutting

Lurker in the dark casts

Lib gains

25% damage

free additional res stone

6 gains for mag, 2 for lib.

I dont agree with most of this. Although there should always be differences the point is that the differences should not outweight each other by a lot. They should be countered. I personally dont really give a crap about the Res ability.... The only thing i have to say about that is MAG should not be able to use a Res Stone... They have to run the risk of dieing with a low favor bar but that is a risk they should have to take, and in the mean time if they have a high enough favor bar they keep their 75% chance. But they should not be allowed to stack.

Lib should recieve some type of Combat Bonus % being that it is also a fighting priest and the only priest BL has. Everything else weights itsself out.... Lib can wootcut wow that is game breaking... LIB CANNOT TAME, CANNOT FARM, these are inabilities which are rightfully so for choosing LIB, but how many Negative differences should any priest have vs the other.

Goes back to a simple fact, 3 WL priest 1 BL priest. Balance is needed Period. Anyone who thinks otherwise is solely afraid to lose the advantages they have over everyone else, you can try to call it what you want and say whatever you want to say, you are going to try and claim no one forces us BL to choose BL, say all that you will but the truth remains that you very well know that there is in fact an imbalance but you just dont want to admit it because you are on the other side.

I have played on every side of the coin here and I have never once been solely one sided like many of you are. Balance is Balance, that does not mean they have to copy paste.... They just have to balance the major differences there are. And i would say the ability to save your 75% of the time upon death along with 25% dmg bonus along with being able to tame are some major differences. The only thing that needs to be done is BALANCE it so that its not 1 sided... Taming ok that is a choice to be made, thats fine... 25% dmg bonus, there should be a counter for that since BL only have 1 priest, and that doesnt mean we they should get 25% bonus but it does mean they should get something, and 75% keeping your stuff, ok fine you have weakness you can keep that but you should not be able to stack a res stone.

Why not remove the bonuses for being high faith for all priests. then its all down to the spells. this would make it fair.

• Like 2

Another alternative would be to reduce the damage bonus too 10% for magnaron, give libila 10% damage reduction, leave vynora 10% skillgain and add 10-20% healing bonus too Fo. I would also like to see vynora gain some more combat spells to make them more viable.

Edited by Danny
  • Like 1

Selective reading, I will clarify for those with clouded judgements.

Whitelight kingdoms have the ability to choose between three gods, Mag, Vyn and Fo.  Mag has this ability and people from WL kingdoms can FREELY change their religion if they want that benefit, without leaving their kingdoms/villages.

Blacklight kingdoms don't have this ability, if we want to get a feature that we'd otherwise have to pay for (Mag don't need to buy a res stone to get the res stone effect) - We'd need to leave our kingdoms and join a different one, OR spend 1 gold and refound our kingdom.

I think you're forgetting that, before you founded your kingdom, you knew the benefits of every god and their abilities and you still chose to go BL. That was your choice. Now you have Libila spells and abilities as you wanted. You're acting as if you had no choice but to be Libila, and that it's such a horrible thing and so unfair, yet you knew the (dis)advantages and still chose it. It's not like this was sprung on you all the sudden as a recent change, it's been like this for years. Just play the game and stop bitching about "he has what I don't have, I want it too rolf, please rolf, come on it's so unfair".. Makes me cringe every time I see one kingdom push for a change like this.

I also disagree with Tryfaen's list there, Fo is actually very viable in combat with healing spells and oakshell, Vynora, however, you will never see on the battlefield. The have zero combat ability.

• Like 1

I think you're forgetting that, before you founded your kingdom, you knew the benefits of every god and their abilities and you still chose to go BL. That was your choice. Now you have Libila spells and abilities as you wanted. You're acting as if you had no choice but to be Libila, and that it's such a horrible thing and so unfair, yet you knew the (dis)advantages and still chose it. It's not like this was sprung on you all the sudden as a recent change, it's been like this for years. Just play the game and stop bitching about "he has what I don't have, I want it too rolf, please rolf, come on it's so unfair".. Makes me cringe every time I see one kingdom push for a change like this.

I also disagree with Tryfaen's list there, Fo is actually very viable in combat with healing spells and oakshell, Vynora, however, you will never see on the battlefield. The have zero combat ability.

Just because one side has serious advantages due to game mechanics, is not a legitimate reason not to pick any other sides.  Because the option is there to join a WL kingdom doesn't mean I should have to just so I can get something that I would otherwise have to pay for.

I tend to take my tabard off when I'm looking at suggestions, most people are not very capable of looking past their kingdom in order to make the game more fair and balanced for everyone, if something needs balanced it needs balanced, kingdom's should not impede a games development.

I may be suggesting this BECAUSE my kingdom is one of those that does not have the options, but that doesn't mean my opinion is wrong.

Edited by Daolin
  • Like 1

Not true at all. I don't know about Chaos, but on Epic, ice pillar and especially tentacles are used very often. Ice pillars might not be very powerful, but they go over existing enemy pillars and can make enemies split up. Tentacles does very decent damage, is invisible and has no cooldown.

Just because one side has serious advantages due to game mechanics, is not a legitimate reason not to pick any other sides.  Because the option is there to join a WL kingdom doesn't mean I should have to just so I can get something that I would otherwise have to pay for.

I tend to take my tabard off when I'm looking at suggestions, most people are not very capable of looking past their kingdom in order to make the game more fair and balanced for everyone, if something needs balanced it needs balanced, kingdom's should not impede a games development.

That's why you make the choice... if I am part of a WL kingdom and I want to become a priest who has as little pvp restrictions as Libila while having lots of effective combat spells, I'm out of luck too. It's a choice that you make... you can't have everything you want.

Sorry but you're not "taking your tabard off". This is a suggestion with ridiculously biased reasoning. The least you could do is admit that.

• Like 2

Sorry but you're not "taking your tabard off". This is a suggestion with ridiculously biased reasoning. The least you could do is admit that.

When one group has to pay for something with no other option and another group gets for free, it's unbalanced.

"a situation in which different elements are equal or in the correct proportions."

What do Blacklight priests have for free that Whitelight priests have to purchase from a trader?

• Like 1

Selective reading, I will clarify for those with clouded judgements.

Whitelight kingdoms have the ability to choose between three gods, Mag, Vyn and Fo.  Mag has this ability and people from WL kingdoms can FREELY change their religion if they want that benefit, without leaving their kingdoms/villages.

Blacklight kingdoms don't have this ability, if we want to get a feature that we'd otherwise have to pay for (Mag don't need to buy a res stone to get the res stone effect) - We'd need to leave our kingdoms and join a different one, OR spend 1 gold and refound our kingdom.

I don't like the idea of having to pay for something that other people don't, it's as simple as that.  We should not need to pay for something available to all WL players if they decide to do so.

So to simplify this further: "That is remove it or let bl priests and mag have it, not remove it or let every priest have it."

Every WL player can change their religion if they want this benefit, at no cost to themselves.

No BL player can do this without having to leave their kingdom, we should not need to change our template to remove the need to pay for an ability available to all WL players.

• Like 2

FTFY

You choose to be a blacklight kingdom, knowing libila priest do not have a passive res stone bonus.

Being blacklight gives numerous other advantages, and some disadvantages. Only having one choice of priest is both their biggest strength, as well as a small weakness in cases like this.

You can buy res stones, you can replicate the effect.

If libila priest get the res stone effect, you will STILL buy res stones, to amplify the effect.

You used to have to buy shaker orbs to replicate strongwall, and that was ok(Really only had to be changed because of disintigrate)

Locate soul cannot be replicated in any way, and is really one of the stronger spells, yet you seem fine with that being wl only

Just giving it to lib and mag priests is really worse than giving it to all priests, as it buffs libila priests over wl priests even more in a 1v1 comparison. (and still is another nerf to mag, who effectively is the god of res stone and mini hate bonus)

Saying that every WL character can be mag without any cost to themselves is downright false. I want to support people and heal, can't do that as a mag priest, Our kingdom needs decent enchants+combat support, cant do that as a mag priest, I want a small damage bonus and a free res stone, then you can be a mag priest.

WL needs 3 priests to do everything lib can do, saying they can all be mag priests is just false.

What do Blacklight priests have for free that Whitelight priests have to purchase from a trader?

Edited by McDaniel
  • Like 1

While you're at it remove either digging or mining ability from bl priest.

They should only be able to do one thing like wl priests.

Edited by Enzius

I always thought its a bad idea to have spells or abilities on priests that are found in the cash shop also. While this is about pvp on pve side the imbalance is greater now since at least strong wall has been shared for pvp. Mag gets the same benefit as what everyone else pays a res stone for. They get a spell that's equal to a 5S cash shop item and has 0 cool down on Strong wall. Vynora has wisdom of Vynora but it has a 4 hour cool down and i have never seen it give more than 14 minutes of SB on the hundreds of times ive casted it, normally its 2-8 mins. So it would take over 4 casts just to equal the 5s cash shop item if you got max casts and a full day to do it. Sleeping in a bed would yield same results faster. Fo well yeah hes just left behind.

Another question is why does Mag get 2 lurker spells when every other priest only has 1 each?

I think if we are to continue with having a cash shop item on a priest every priest should have their own cash shop related spell with 0 cooldowns

All they do is suck a vesselled gem when they're into melee combat and bingo, 1 man army that doesn't drop loot.

Edited by Klaa

This thread has gone in several different directions.  There is a time and a place for discussions about balancing priests, which (from what I can tell) we all agree probably needs to happen.

This, however, is about balancing something that affects paying silver for vs. getting for free.

Me, I'd rather get rid of this completely, both the stones and the priest abilities.

This thread is about a specific topic, if you wish to start that discussion I'm sure you have the same capability to make a thread as everyone else.

also +1 to OP

• Like 3

Penalties lol.. Lib priesys can mine, cut wood archery and get max nutrition for free all the times. Make sand generate nutrition and heal for MR and grass/steppe for JK while were at it.

We cannot talk about just one high level priest ability in a vacuum because it doesnt exist in such a state, it all has to be considered.

By itself it seems slightly OP'ed until its looked at in light of everything else.

It would be like saying sotg is vastly OP'ed until one considers the meditation level and other requirements.

We cannot talk about just one high level priest ability in a vacuum because it doesnt exist in such a state, it all has to be considered.

By itself it seems slightly OP'ed until its looked at in light of everything else.

It would be like saying sotg is vastly OP'ed until one considers the meditation level and other requirements.

As it is currently, you can buy a res stone for 5s and it gives you a 50% chance to keep your items, if you are a high faith mag priest (Only available to WL kingdoms) then you get an extra 50% roll to keep your items after the res stone is taken into effect.

This is not balanced currently as one group need to pay for a chance to keep their items (Blacklighters) and one group need to pay for an extra chance at keeping their items, but get the res stone effect for free at high faith.

I suggest either:

1) remove res stone effects completely from mag priests

2) make it fair and give blacklight template kingdoms (libila priests) the same ability at high faith

It makes no sense that one group has to pay for something with silver and the other group get this effect for free and can double it for the same cost.

One can however look at thing comapritvely. SotG is Op compared to the other paths

Knowledge is no skill loss, at least when you die, you dont lose those skills, its a PvE path, SotG is near useless in PvE, and is thus, Underpowered

Love too, Not getting attacked by animals in powerful zones (hellhounds and the bought all over), makes SotG look useless in PvE.

And that healing hands, its a PvE thing, with a PvP side..

SotG is only useful in PvP, where the main focus is no where to be found. :P

Its not OP, its just directed at a audience. c:

• Like 2

Maurizio, you dont consider that lib priest can mine,dig,archer and spam cpombat spells without cooldown.

Edited by Blazer

I always thought its a bad idea to have spells or abilities on priests that are found in the cash shop also. While this is about pvp on pve side the imbalance is greater now since at least strong wall has been shared for pvp. Mag gets the same benefit as what everyone else pays a res stone for. They get a spell that's equal to a 5S cash shop item and has 0 cool down on Strong wall. Vynora has wisdom of Vynora but it has a 4 hour cool down and i have never seen it give more than 14 minutes of SB on the hundreds of times ive casted it, normally its 2-8 mins. So it would take over 4 casts just to equal the 5s cash shop item if you got max casts and a full day to do it. Sleeping in a bed would yield same results faster. Fo well yeah hes just left behind.

Another question is why does Mag get 2 lurker spells when every other priest only has 1 each?

I think if we are to continue with having a cash shop item on a priest every priest should have their own cash shop related spell with 0 cooldowns

[20:40:15] You cast 'Wisdom of Vynora' on yourself.

[20:40:20] You need to wait 29 minutes until you can cast Wisdom of Vynora again.

Disregarding uninformed post.

Even though it has valid points.

Well no, everyone can get sotg if you put the time in and nobody can pay to get it.

Same for Mag abilities, if you put in the time and money in developing such a char. Neither ability is available to a player right off the bat.

Knowledge is no skill loss, at least when you die, you dont lose those skills, its a PvE path, SotG is near useless in PvE, and is thus, Underpowered

Love too, Not getting attacked by animals in powerful zones (hellhounds and the bought all over), makes SotG look useless in PvE.

And that healing hands, its a PvE thing, with a PvP side..

SotG is only useful in PvP, where the main focus is no where to be found. :P

Its not OP, its just directed at a audience. c: