Sign in to follow this  
Daolin

Balance res Stones and the free res stone effect

Should Non-Mag priests need to pay 5 silver for the benefit of a res stone?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Should Non-Mag priests need to pay 5 silver for the benefit of a res stone?

• Yes
    • No

Its not so much mag priests enjoy more benefits than other priests, its more along the lines that they have more benefits in pvp than other priests. Besides Libila anyways. One could have argued which was more "overpowered" before BL got hit with a continuing series of nerfs for years.

Anyways I digress, Mag has always been a pvp-centric/fighting god, so little surprise there's such a bent in abilities.

Additionally the players who want to keep up that level of faith (70 faith with 40 favor) as priests become heavily limited in other areas (how many threads have you seen regarding enabling priests to do more? Personally Ive lost count over the years). Its not like just any smo can join Mag, and suddenly they are some invincible god of war.

I got into a scuffle with an enemy mag priest 2 weeks ago. We killed off each others horses but he managed to grab the corpse before me. The enemy player died but his mag/res bonus worked meaning he took my horse gear with him even though he lost the fight.

I don't like the fact that enemy players gain more despite losing in these sorts of circumstances but mags suffer a lot of penalties as well and they need to have high faith & favour for the mag bonus to work.

Libila has their own advantages, bonuses and perks over the WL priests. Removing mag bonus makes it unfair for mags and gives less incentive to want to go mag. Giving libila priests the res bonus makes them too overpowered as well.

I disagree with both suggestions.

This thread is regarding the feature available to one group for free, that everyone else needs to pay for.

we can't even pay to use some of the bl abilities

Edited by McDaniel
  • Like 1

You are still denying the fact you can become Mag at any time but you have chosen not to.  The game should not be changed because of your decision to pick a religion to follow.  Did you read the spell lists and abilities before you made this decision?

Edited by madnezz
  • Like 1

Its not so much mag priests enjoy more benefits than other priests, its more along the lines that they have more benefits in pvp than other priests. Besides Libila anyways. One could have argued which was more "overpowered" before BL got hit with a continuing series of nerfs for years.

Anyways I digress, Mag has always been a pvp-centric/fighting god, so little surprise there's such a bent in abilities.

Additionally the players who want to keep up that level of faith (70 faith with 40 favor) as priests become heavily limited in other areas (how many threads have you seen regarding enabling priests to do more? Personally Ive lost count over the years). Its not like just any smo can join Mag, and suddenly they are some invincible god of war.

All they do is suck a vesselled gem when they're into melee combat and bingo, 1 man army that doesn't drop loot.

-1 it makes sense for mag priests to have the res bonus to inspire melee combat.

Mag= brawler

Vyn= enchanter

fo= healer

Lib= mages

don't like the way your god works you can always change it

Libila has their own advantages, bonuses and perks over the WL priests. Removing mag bonus makes it unfair for mags and gives less incentive to want to go mag. Giving libila priests the res bonus makes them too overpowered as well.

Would you care to elaborate which bonuses you feel are a fair balance for 25% damage bonus and double res stones ( the inferred combat value from being able to use drake/scale/rares with a minimal risk ).

also mag priests do drop loot... example polan kill hes mag priest.. dropped loot

You are still denying the fact you can become Mag at any time but you have chosen not to.  The game should not be changed because of your decision.

Nor should we be forced to change our kingdom template to a WL option to get a paid for ability for free.

One side should not get something for free that other groups need to pay the game developers for.

• Like 4

Would you care to elaborate which bonuses you feel are a fair balance for 25% damage bonus and double res stones ( the inferred combat value from being able to use drake/scale/rares with a minimal risk ).

The powerful spells.

There has always been an inbalance of priests, this is nothing new its been talked about many many times before and not much has ever really been done.

The same way we have all seen both JK and MR cry about things being unfair and seeing first hand many times Rolf do these said changes, there is no reason at all that priests shouldnt be looked at and worked on. Truth is this is a WL vs BL game play, or as lore shows thats how it is supposed to be. WL has 3 priests to choose from, and although this really isnt an issue, what the issue is, is the fact that BL only priest gets the end of every WL priest stick... Vyn WL crafting priest has some pretty bad ass crafting enchants, and while i would think some balance here is needed, im going to say its not really game breaking and BL priest do at least have BOTD to claim some fairness, OK...

Then there is Fo vs Lib, well Fo is a pretty bad ass healer with a spell that allows the priest to not wear any armor, as well as other pretty bad ass healing spells that are a big factor in combat... Lib i guess in all fairness can counter with a dispell which is pretty easy to pull off and well it has also a slightly shitty healing spell OK, this here is fine also somewhat..

Then there is Mag, vs Lib, and where do we start here? There are so many differences between the 2 that no matter how you try to compare them there is no real way to compare them, they are very inbalanced. 1 BL priest is given to combat 3 of WL priests. Their are a few pretty good spells Lib can cast to combat the Mag feild spells, but that is not really the issue... The real issue is the 75% chance of keeping everything upon death, as a BL priest there are no choices and buying a resstone only gives a 50% chance.

Now the % is not really the part that is unfair, the unfair part is the simple fact that WL have 3 priest they can choose from with different abilities, while the only single BL priest doesnt even come close to mounting up to the combination of all 3 WL priests. Either balance is needed or give us a 2nd option priest as a BL player.

The powerful spells.

I propose that magranon priests are given sand as equivilent to mycellium, Weakness is removed completely, our spells act like your spells instead of internal wounds and drain health has a 10second cooldown ( not cast time increase ). Magnaron priests are given LitD in exchange we get res bonus and 25% damage, magnaron priests can also woodcut. Sound fair?

Edit to tidy this up a bit:

Mag gains

Sand as Mycelium

Weakness removed completely

No more internal wounds

Drain health cooldown 10-20 seconds

Woodcutting

Lurker in the dark casts

Lib gains

25% damage

free additional res stone

6 gains for mag, 2 for lib.

Edited by Danny
  • Like 2

-1, you don't balance the game by saying "We don't have this ability for free, they do, so remove it". I don't know what you're expecting here, should all priests have equal abilities? If you think the res effect is too powerful to get for free, then why do you think it's ok to suggest that BL should get it too?

Imbalance makes this game interesting.  Libila has spells that are OP too.

-1, you don't balance the game by saying "We don't have this ability for free, they do, so remove it". I don't know what you're expecting here, should all priests have equal abilities? If you think the res effect is too powerful to get for free, then why do you think it's ok to suggest that BL should get it too?

I'm suggesting that everyone or no one gets it. Mag can have something else to compensate, thats not an issue.

• Like 2

-1, Bl can still buy resstones, Just because mag priests get a simular effect for free doesn't mean that everyone or noone should have it.(and most mag priests still pay for res stones)

Its not like the mag res stone is even active all the time, people can forget to suck a gem and off it goes.

If you actually read my original post you would see that I stated it should either be made available to everyone, or be completely removed.

Personally I would not lose any sleep if res stones were removed completely, but that is unlikely so i'd like the game to be balanced so that everyone has the ability to use the "too powerful effect" as you put it.

Why? Priests shouldn't all have equal abilities. If an ability is too strong, it should be removed, not be given to a second type of priest. The whole "we pay for something that another priest has as an ability" is just silly.

Its not the us having to pay for it that the issue, its that magnaron get this ability and then can pay for it twice resulting in high end loot naturally accumulating towards magnaron priests over time.

Let them keep the bonus and remove the faith requirement but disable its ability to double stack with res stones then. I still feel thats unfair, but its better than it is right now.

If you actually read my original post you would see that I stated it should either be made available to everyone, or be completely removed.

Personally I would not lose any sleep if res stones were removed completely, but that is unlikely so i'd like the game to be balanced so that everyone has the ability to use the "too powerful effect" as you put it.

1) remove res stone effects completely from mag priests

2) make it fair and give blacklight template kingdoms (libila priests) the same ability at high faith

That is remove it or let bl priests and mag have it, not remove it or let every priest have it.

(and really, resstones is the one thing you choose to target from wl spells/effects, not locatesoul?)

Its not the us having to pay for it that the issue, its that magnaron get this ability and then can pay for it twice resulting in high end loot naturally accumulating towards magnaron priests over time.

And libila doesn't have more advantages in combat than a mag priest, which would make them win over them in combat more?

Edited by Kagrenac

-1, Bl can still buy resstones, Just because mag priests get a simular effect for free doesn't mean that everyone or noone should have it.(and most mag priests still pay for res stones)

Its not like the mag res stone is even active all the time, people can forget to suck a gem and off it goes.

Let them keep the bonus and remove the faith requirement but disable its ability to double stack with res stones then. I still feel thats unfair, but its better than it is right now.

That is remove it or let bl priests and mag have it, not remove it or let every priest have it.

(and really, resstones is the one thing you choose to target from wl spells/effects, not locatesoul?)

Locate soul is negligable in comparison to them having double res stone effect.

Selective reading, I will clarify for those with clouded judgements.

Whitelight kingdoms have the ability to choose between three gods, Mag, Vyn and Fo.  Mag has this ability and people from WL kingdoms can FREELY change their religion if they want that benefit, without leaving their kingdoms/villages.

Blacklight kingdoms don't have this ability, if we want to get a feature that we'd otherwise have to pay for (Mag don't need to buy a res stone to get the res stone effect) - We'd need to leave our kingdoms and join a different one, OR spend 1 gold and refound our kingdom.

I don't like the idea of having to pay for something that other people don't, it's as simple as that.  We should not need to pay for something available to all WL players if they decide to do so.

So to simplify this further: "That is remove it or let bl priests and mag have it, not remove it or let every priest have it."

Every WL player can change their religion if they want this benefit, at no cost to themselves.

No BL player can do this without having to leave their kingdom, we should not need to change our template to remove the need to pay for an ability available to all WL players.