Sign in to follow this  
Audrel

Reporting exploitable bugs

I reported a bug I feel could be exploited to be told to report it in the forums. It's not information that should be put out here in the open. So, I will just refrain just from reporting bugs. I will say, be very careful of your boats.

I reported a bug I feel could be exploited to be told to report it in the forums. It's not information that should be put out here in the open. So, I will just refrain just from reporting bugs. I will say, be very careful of your boats.

PM Enki, the head GM with the information.

I'm not sure who the best person to contact would be for this, but Enki can at least get the information to that person as needed.

It's not information that should be put out here in the open. So, I will just refrain just from reporting bugs.

And even tho you have to make a thread on town square about it.

And even tho you have to make a thread on town square about it.

Did I tell you what I found? It's not information I want to share with the general public. Maybe it's nothing. Maybe it's something. I feel it's something and I feel it can be exploited. That's all anyone out here needs to know but a Dev needs to know without me putting it all over the place. So yes, I put a thread here about it.

• Like 1

Did I tell you what I found? It's not information I want to share with the general public. Maybe it's nothing. Maybe it's something. I feel it's something and I feel it can be exploited. That's all anyone out here needs to know but a Dev needs to know without me putting it all over the place. So yes, I put a thread here about it.

/support?

That command is way more useful that telling that is something about boats.

PM a GM?

Thats useful too.

There a lot of better ways that giving hints on town square.

• Like 1

Alec, the OP clearly states:  "I reported a bug ", which means she did use /support.  PM a GM?  Can't say that I have ever done that. I think bug reporting is only done via support, when the bug is exploitable, or on forums, when it is not exploitable.  In this case it seems the bug was exploitable yet OP was told to put it in forums.  And in this lies the dilemma.  

Edited by Fairyshine

Alec, the OP clearly states:  "I reported a bug ", which means she did use /support.  PM a GM?  Can't say that I have ever done that. I think bug reporting is only done via support, when the bug is exploitable, or on forums, when it is not exploitable.  In this case it seems the bug was exploitable yet OP was told to put it in forums.  And in this lies the dilemma.  

Isn't "report on the forums" PM instead of making a thread about it?

Please review Enki post on bug reporting : http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/97058-where-to-properly-submit-a-general-bug-report/

If you don't need a GM in game for assistance, /support should not be used.   If you think it is a sensitive bug that should not be made public, PM a GM here on the forums to discuss that.

The /support tickets should only be used when you need GM assistance in game.

mZErg72.png

I reported it the way the interface says to report it. Had it said to PM Enki, I would have.

As for the other comments here and elsewhere, I think I am done trying to report anything in this game or suggest anything or help with anything. The aggravation you get from people hopping on every word you say and arguing every one of them is just not worth it. If I find something, you can bet someone else has or will. The difference is I try to let it be known without telling everyone what I found (edit) or using it.

Edited by Audrel
  • Like 5

As for the other comments here and elsewhere, I think I am done trying to report anything in this game or suggest anything or help with anything. The aggravation you get from people hopping on every word you say and arguing every one of them is just not worth it. If I find something, you can bet someone else has or will. The difference is I try to let it be known without telling everyone what I found (edit) or using it.

Indeed it's sometimes hard to discuss anything on this forum, but don't give up - you're doing a good job. The dogs bark, but the caravan goes on.

I'm a horrible despicable person and I will burn in hell for what I am and for what I did.

I know I know,

unable to reproduce as reported.  Thread has served it's purpose and I'm locking it now.