Sign in to follow this  
Gaul

Weapons and tools in Mailbox

All weapons For mailbox  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Shall we allow all weapons to be Mailed in Wurm?

Should all weapons and tools be allowed to send by Mail?

Takes a lot of time to Grab a weapon and Hard to find good Weapon smiths.

Tools...one can't survive without em! they need some love tooo.

Edited by Gaul

I want to mail shovels too.. rakes.. fishing poles, quite everything that's bugged.

Mail system in overall needs a fix :)

• Like 15

even though i would love to mail these items, i still think in some ways you lose local trade with local deeds and people who are making funds delivering the items.
i still think large items should be hand delivered.
for that reason alone i voted no.

Edited by shakys

Single items should be mailable up to polearms and longbow.

I want to mail shovels too.. rakes.. fishing poles, quite everything that's bugged.

Mail system in overall needs a fix :)

Any and all personal gear and tools should be 'mailable'.

in real life mailing might be cause damaged, and get lost or arrive late, but the I never heard of any postal service deny someone sending a medival longsword as long the weight is paid for.

I also played the bad guy here, even though it can be frustrating at times, I'm amazed how many new opportunities open up for me in game when I get out and travel around a bit. 

Would make getting your weapon imp'd a whole lot easier. I don't mind traveling to buy a new weapon, as it's a very infrequent trip but keeping a weapon in good repair can be quite troublesome, especially if you live in a more remote or less populated server.

It's a good way to keep removing silver from the game, even if it is only 10/20c at a time. The option is still there for people to hand deliver their items to a smith, should they want the experience or to save their copper.

Even make larger/heavier weapons/tools 1.5x the cost to mail. 10c for a carving knife, but 15c for a longsword etc.

Voted yes.

Some of us aren't really ever going to be involved with a local community. Call us introverts / hermits or whatever. If I can't buy a longsword without having to observe social rituals and whatever, I'll just use what I can pound out myself. Or slog it to the nearest merchant hub and try my luck. It would be nice if everyone's social foibles were equally considered. But these seemingly arbitrary mail restrictions prevent that from being the case. *shrug*

• Like 1

The OP opens up the broader subject of the mailing system restrictions, many of which make little sense such as no mailing of rakes and shovels. All objects that can be picked up and placed into the inventory should be mailable.

The argument that unmailable items create social interaction is distorted and untrue in many cases. Players such as myself will just avoid purchasing those types of items, since they see traveling any distance or adjusting their schedules as not worthwhile to obtain them. This in turn reduces the market for those items for those who produce or improve them.

Time for the Dev's to adjust the mailing system to handle all items has long since passed, although if it will be accomplished their aversion to it will eventually be forgiven as it fades from Wurm daily life as an unwanted relic of the past.

=Ayes=

• Like 3

Completely agree with you Ayes,

Some of it makes no sense at all, an unfinished tower fits in the mail, but a shovel doesn't?? Wogic at its finest

• Like 4

+1

If wurms mail system was really worth its salt, then yes even a horse should be able to be mailed for an appropriate charge ofc.   :D

Hope to see the Changes made to mailbox.

Keep voting for Wurm 

+1

And a full rework of mailing would be great too.

• Like 1

The whole mailing system should be removed, not made even more inclusive.

it limits the delivery business.

• Like 1

What delivery business?

With the release of Xanadu, selling items that cannot be mailed is barely worth the time to travel in order to sell them.

No point selling a rake worth 1s if you have to travel 2 hour round trip to deliver/pick up.

All tools/handheld items should be mailable.

With the release of Xanadu, selling items that cannot be mailed is barely worth the time to travel in order to sell them.

No point selling a rake worth 1s if you have to travel 2 hour round trip to deliver/pick up.

All tools/handheld items should be mailable.

So you don't want it  because it may hurt your business in one single server?

So removing these advantages will increase delivery business?

I think people will to bored to travel again and again for the simple things and the time consumed is enormous. Thus directly affecting the trade.

Also we need our weapons and all things available in mail, if one wants to save money they may still travel and get the things from some smith who is 20 km away on another server.

Edited by Gaul

Would be nice if the mailing cost was lowered. 10 times cheaper.

A new player whispered me and really wanted buy a 70ql plate set.

I spend a hour crafting it and explained to him how mailing and fees worked.

Then he begged me to lower price coz he new, so i sold the complete set for 90c total (10c a piece)

Well it turned out he hadn't fully understood how maiuling worked, since he replied and said i was scaming him, coz each item costed 20c.

He bought 4 pieces (40c to me) and returned send the 5 other pieces.

So when i picked the 5 pieces that came back in my mailbox i got a nice message (50c have been taken from ur bank)

First 1 hour of work and sale i ever done that ended up make me loose 10c lol

• Like 1

• Like 1

I can mail a large maul but not a longsword. It always seemed silly to me i voted yes

Edited by 4neofclubs