Sign in to follow this  
Journeya

Stone walls on houses

Okay, so figured these stone walls would match great with my slate - only to realize, although I can build them, they have clearly not been adapted to work with the multi story houses. I imagine this isn't intentional?

(note the second story stone wall showing through the wooden beam of the walls on the first level.)

f8q2jsK.jpg

What you've built there is a fence.

Edited by Lexi

the argument about stone wall vs stone fence aside, this is a bug, as the model shouldnt clip outside the wall model.

For the purposes of aesthetics, you may find a stone fence actually looks rather better than a low stone wall (not that I've tried it in the situation you have shown above).

I use plenty of fences on my buildings - got rope and wooden fences in several places - no issues there at all. Now I am trying the chain fences - devs said they "fixed it" so you could now use them on houses - so there are plenty of "fences" being used on houses. So I am pretty sure if you can build it there, they meant for it to be an option.

The stone fence is way too tall - I dont like the parapets here - switching out the iron fence bar/iron parapets that I am tired of - and I am kinda liking the way the darker stone walls go with the slate roofs - so I want to at least have the option of trying them out properly and maybe tearing them down if for whatever reason I dont like them or get tired of them.