Sign in to follow this  
Lovefall

Server wide KOS

-1, I can see this easily turning into a huge griefing Mechanic. It's all too easy to fabricate stories or to make yourself look like a victim. And I personally don't want everyone else deciding if my Templar and guard towers attack someone.

• Like 2

-1, I can see this easily turning into a huge griefing Mechanic. It's all too easy to fabricate stories or to make yourself look like a victim. And I personally don't want everyone else deciding if my Templar and guard towers attack someone.

• Like 1

-1 but I wouldnt mind getting pmks on freedom and a pmk-wide kos setting. or even alliance kos

• Like 2

+1

There arent many thing syou can do on freedom to repell griefers, we either need more GM involvement, with TANGIBLE actions, or we need tools to defend ourselves, be it the system the OP proposes, or some other system, if the consensum is that this system could be actualy used as a tool to grief.

• Like 1

Terrible suggestion! Wurm is not a popularity contest where a large group of players can get together to grief another player throughout the whole server with the KoS mechanic. Better yet, KoS should be completely removed from all the PvE servers, as using a means such as this to attack and grief other players has no place upon the PvE servers.

KoS is just an old mechanic left over from the games younger times of the PvE/pvp evolution. Now it is easily abused and unaccountable in its use. It should be replaced with a blocking mechanism to prevent undesirables from even entering a deed. Revenge is never a good pursuit and I find any participation within it to only be a distraction from the other more enjoyable aspects of the game; therefore, I avoid it in the same way as I would avoid undesirable players. In the scheme of things they are insignificant, searching for what they lack by the attention desired. 

Happy Trails

=Ayes=

Damn - when I first saw this thread yesterday it was already GM judged, locked, and dismissed.

Nice to see cooler heads allow discussion, even if it is a rather impractical idea.

It IS true though that some play simply to troll others maliciously. There are usually already rules about that I think though, but I already know it's very hard to make rules that do exactly what you want...but no more.

In the end it comes down to "intent" - and that can be very hard to judge sometimes.

Better yet, KoS should be completely removed from all the PvE servers, as using a means such as this to attack and grief other players has no place upon the PvE servers.

Total rubbish.

As i don't have the ability to stab someone in the face who seeks to find loopholes to grief me (and PLEASE don't try and claim that's impossible on Freedom) - KOS at least allows people some measure of defense within the confines of their own deed.

Everyone is entitled to choose who they wish to allow or not.

I personally think that KoS is un-needed on the PvE servers  IF the deed permission system were to be re-worked properly FIRST.  Players should be able to completely control what others can DO on their deeded land.  There should be settings to allow picking things up, dropping things, creating things, etc.  If I want to put my deed into total lockdown where the only thing you can do is walk across it, I should be able to do that. 

(and if i don't want you walking on it, that's what gates and fences are for)

The one exception to this would be combat, a deed should not be able to prevent a player from fighting back. (eg the deed will prevent you from attacking something, but if attacked you will defend yourself)

There is no need to be able to KILL someone just because you don't like them, even indirectly.

-This is my opinion as a player.-

• Like 2

-1 but I wouldnt mind getting pmks on freedom and a pmk-wide kos setting. or even alliance kos

That would be nonsense. There's no way to fight for territory on freedom. Land would just belong to whoever built a tower there first forever, and nobody could come near if they were kos? No.

Edited by Judicator

I like this thread... lets me update my list of potential trolls (aka people who wanna %"#$% with other peoples' stuff like on pvp, but with pve consequences)

• Like 1

That would be nonsense. There's no way to fight for territory on freedom. Land would just belong to whoever built a tower there first forever, and nobody could come near if they were kos? No.

Wrong, there are many ways to fight for territory. And as far as Know towers only work for Kos if within the deed that has Kos, and their maximum range is capped by the deed limits (I think perimeter included?)

I never suggested that YOUR templar or guards will attack anyone; I even specified clearly that they would have a safe heaven on any deed that didn't KOSed them.

The only extra guards that will attack will be the ones in the wilderness (outside any deeds).

Nix the Templar then, but that still makes any off deed guard towers near me trouble to them, and that doesn't really make it possible for my dend to be a safe haven then. Unless you're proposing as long as they're on deed that nothing attacks them. But honestly putting someone on house arrest for charges that can easily be made up and believed doesn't seem fair either.

-1 could see it just being used like mute was when it first came out as a laugh targeting individuals, on chaos servers.

and to my knowledge ain't you playing on chaos now? cant see why killing them ain't enough, i know i used to enjoy hunting them down.

i could see every new players accused of spys and kosed on all deeds, when they might not be.

Edited by shakys

1: Mass KoS.

2: build towers all around their deed

3: ????

4: you're the one that should be KoS

If someone is at a point where they are KoS on most/every deed, it's either because of some petty drama, or a GM needs to be involved. Either way, players shouldn't be able to effectively give kill orders on players to their kingdom guards.

-1 to all this garbage, people should learn to sail to chaos or jump a portal to epic instead of trying to drag those mechanics to freedom.

KOS on freedom is a joke and should be totally removed imo.

-1 to all this garbage, people should learn to sail to chaos or jump a portal to epic instead of trying to drag those mechanics to freedom.

KOS on freedom is a joke and should be totally removed imo.

• Like 1

So when some asshat sits and harasses another on their deed to answer is to join the larger collection of asshats on either Chaos or Epic vrs having KoS to move the guy along?

So when some asshat sits and harasses another on their deed to answer is to join the larger collection of asshats on either Chaos or Epic vrs having KoS to move the guy along?

Better for them to stay with the large collection of asshats of Freedom IMO.

Here they would be taught how to behave, they would have waaay more freedom on Freedom to be what they are.

Also, funny how this suggestion is so anti-freedom itself.

Freedom exists outside the tiles I pay rent on.

Terrible suggestion! Wurm is not a popularity contest where a large group of players can get together to grief another player throughout the whole server with the KoS mechanic. Better yet, KoS should be completely removed from all the PvE servers, as using a means such as this to attack and grief other players has no place upon the PvE servers.

KoS is just an old mechanic left over from the games younger times of the PvE/pvp evolution. Now it is easily abused and unaccountable in its use. It should be replaced with a blocking mechanism to prevent undesirables from even entering a deed. Revenge is never a good pursuit and I find any participation within it to only be a distraction from the other more enjoyable aspects of the game; therefore, I avoid it in the same way as I would avoid undesirable players. In the scheme of things they are insignificant, searching for what they lack by the attention desired. 

Happy Trails

=Ayes=

I wholeheartedly agree with this. The current system has 2 major flaws:

-It can be used to grief

-It favors the higher skilled players if they are placed on KOS.

I believe a "kill on sight" mechanism has no place on a peaceful server. Ontop of that, I don't believe this to be effective, since templars can easily be killed with some halfdecent gear and skill. A simple way to keep people of your property.. is to never let them enter. Not with walls, but simply "The templar informs you that you are not allowed to enter this deed." Nobody can die and get griefed, and nobody can kill the templar and still be present on the deed when the mayor doesn't want them there.

• Like 4