Sign in to follow this  
Journeya

Cows and Bison - colors

Just throwing a wish out there, well aware that a lot of the player base is more apt to upvote functional stuff and downvote this. But the artsy people is a player base as well and we like our "decorating" options - including animals :P So with the ridiculous animal colorations being gone, can we ask for something a little more realistic to spice up some pretty lame, tame, but actually useful animals?

1. Extra colors for cows -

Let them behave like horse colors? Ie. special colors is a chance thing when you breed the wild ones - and is likely to pass on to offspring. Just throw in a "Fjällko" and a "Jersey" and I would be more than happy.

(Fjallko_1_web.jpgJersey_4_web.jpg)

2. White bisons -

Only on animals bred in captivity - maybe let it have a small chance to appear only on "x amount of traits" animals or something to make it even rarer? Ie. only 5 traited animals have a chance to create this color to start with - but it should be hereditary like with horse colors once it shows up. With bisons now pulling the wagons - I think this would be most awesome.

white1.jpg

Edited by Journeya
  • Like 7

Many colors on horses, so why not on other animals :)

+1

• Like 1

extra hide colors for cows yes. +1

white bison (buffalo) in Wurm? no -1

A little bit of visual variety for our bovines would be nice. I'm not sure how much sense it would make for bison, but commons cows definitely

+1, in addition hides from each animal type, will make leather armor that has a different look.

Bison: would have a tuft of fur on the back

Crocodile: would be slightly scaley

Deer/Stag: would have white specs and have antlers on cap

Hell horse: would be darker with specs of red

Unicorns: would be white, and a unicorn horn on the cap, lolz

cows/bulls/calfs/horses/foals would just give standard leather

this armor would just be for looks no extra protection

Edited by bigsteve
  • Like 1

+1, in addition hides from each animal type, will make leather armor that has a different look.

Bison: would have a tuft of fur on the back

Crocodile: would be slightly scaley

Deer/Stag: would have white specs and have antlers on cap

Hell horse: would be darker with specs of red

Unicorns: would be white, and a unicorn horn on the cap, lolz

cows/bulls/calfs/horses/foals would just give standard leather

this armor would just be for looks no extra protection

Yes, a big +1 from me. It only makes sense to get more color variations in the cows and bison. Why are some saying no to white bison? It does happen and they are a very sacred creature among many Native American tribes.

While we are at it, can we also get the random names for bred bison and cows to go with new colors? Pretty much impossible to keep breeding pairs straight in larger herds.

• Like 2

+1 for Araninkes name-suggestion as well - I am sure this has been brought up before but it would be most helpful.

As for white bisons not being necessary - bison get a speed bonus on wagons, so it's not like they are useless creatures - so more colors would be nice please.

• Like 1

On 12/16/2014, 3:46:49, Journeya said:

+1 for Araninkes name-suggestion as well - I am sure this has been brought up before but it would be most helpful.

As for white bisons not being necessary - bison get a speed bonus on wagons, so it's not like they are useless creatures - so more colors would be nice please.

I realize that this is a very old post, but I'm going to breathe some life back into it due to the severe 'need' for some variety in other critters.

I've always looked at "Brown Cow" and thought, there are other colors/variations? Why haven't I ever seen one?

Personally, when I think of cow I imagine this black and white creature. Though I am well aware that cows can vary from black and white, to brown/white, solid brown, cream colors, and other variations too I'm sure.

Horses have varying colors, so why not cows and bison too? It would certainly add a little more variety to our Bison/Cow farms.

Bison could use a bit of variety too, I think the rare white bison would be a good idea. Similar to what the black sheep is now.

Because I am breathing life into an old thread here, I want to nip this in the butt for anyone who doesn't already know.

If you brand an animal to a deed, and manage it's individual settings you can grant them a Nickname. This Nickname DOES transfer over into the calf/baby's parent line when you examine them, so it's already easier to keep track of which bison/cow/bull was the parent this way. :P

• Like 1

+1 more colours always always . Also bisons deserve names ! Justice for bisons ❤️ 

• Like 2