Sign in to follow this  
Miniroll

Ranged Creatures?

So upon recent hilarious discussions with a certain stubborn person who decides that dual wielding on chaos is a good idea, I thought of a good idea to not only help fix their terrible play style but to also encourage more people to use a shield!

Ranged Creatures.

Things like:

Goblins/trolls/humanoids with rugged bows, spears, etc.

Or more on the fantasy magical side with acid spitting scorpions

Spiders with a ranged web ability to slow people etc

#1 It will make hunting more diverse and less boring.

#2 Stubborn dual medium maul wielding people will learn a lesson

#3 it will be fun! :D

thoughts?

• Like 2

What a stupid reasoning for a stupid suggestion.

Be happy people are finally stepping away fro the longsword/large shield combo.. variety is a good thing.

Edited by Alyeska
  • Like 3

Poor newbies ;)

Now they wont even know where the agro is, whom is slowly killing them :P

Other then that, sounds rather amusing.

This would go nice with the goblin/troll villages. There was talk about goblin/troll villages right in the past? Or am I mixing it with some other game out there x_x

What a stupid reasoning for a stupid suggestion.

Be happy people are finally stepping away fro the longsword/large shield combo.. variety is a good thing.

Come on over dual wielding in PvP, you will look like a porcupine by the end of it xD

I like variety, but when it comes to silly choices...

Come on over dual wielding in PvP, you will look like a porcupine by the end of it xD

I like variety, but when it comes to silly choices...

But.. shouldn't that make you happy, if your enemy lets himself get whooped with arrows :P?

But.. shouldn't that make you happy, if your enemy lets himself get whooped with arrows :P?

Maybe so, but i'm more concerned that someone in our kingdom is too stubborn to use a shield :S

New people are hard to snap out of their own magical world :P

Dual wielding was the the thing  to do back in the day on chaos...

i watched all the movies youtube and thought pvp was dual wielding

Edited by Areolae

Suggestion fueled by Miniroll's desire to feel personal satisfaction at seeing people dual-wielding mauls, lol.

and this will be the one Rolf implements

I remember when dual long swords and dual axes were use quite frequently. But with the left hand hit rate, it's not viable anymore for PvP.

I like the goblin with arrows. Trolls... meh. 

Trolls need to throw boulders. As big as a troll is, a bow would be a ballista.

• Like 1

Trolls/goblins shooting arrows at our horses, deAR GOD NO

acid too, that stuff is insanely op

This suggestion does point out that current PvE combat is somewhat one dimensional, all mobs have the same kinds of attacks, namely melee attacks. The main difference between mobs is how strong they are and what they look like, that's about it.

So +1, sounds like fun if some mobs have more diverse attacks, like spiders being able to web you, rooting you to your spot. Trolls/Goblins with longspears would also be lovely to see, that way using a horse isn't a no brainer in pve. Some slings and rock throwing here and there would also be interesting (I think bows are a bit too advanced for goblins and trolls). And while we're at it, some goblin/troll shamans throwing spells at us would also be interesting.

Edited by Ecrir

Yeah thats the right way. Make the game even more deadly for people without 90fs and scale! Thats the way to catch new players...not!!

Not everyone loves to fight! And this make it even complicated to defend a deed! If you want to have dangers just fight a unique or go to epic for there valrei creatures.

Insult people who don't agree with your suggestion, excellent idea.

Though some ranged mob's would make hunting a bit more interesting.

• Like 1

Well, good thing you are not a wheelchairs manufacturer, otherwise you would just go around busting peoples legs.

-1  this is a TERRIBLE suggestion.

(although goblins could use some ranged attack)

• Like 1

Yeah thats the right way. Make the game even more deadly for people without 90fs and scale! Thats the way to catch new players...not!!

Not everyone loves to fight! And this make it even complicated to defend a deed! If you want to have dangers just fight a unique or go to epic for there valrei creatures.

90fs + scale is overkill

50fs and chain/studded can allow you to kill most animals... IF your using a shield ( 30+ shield skill )

well...i do like the idea of ranged mobs :P maybe new mobs like bird like fireball shooting creatures that are from the beginning known to be ranged or make it like a special skill for them.

buuuut I totally disagree with the statement about dual wielding in pvp :P wurm is made for variance, and why not let the newbie pvpers decide themselves if they want to try out something or not ?:P it's hard to accept just "facts" prooved by veterans all the time without testing it themselves and evolution stops, where there is no change :P

maybe you will be surprised what people do even with large mauls :P while everyone else is tediously trying to cut their enemy, the maul is already through :P

You could also look into fixing dw so the offhand actually hits.

• Like 1

You could also look into fixing dw so the offhand actually hits.

yeah, I would say the offhand weapon hits once in every 7 main hand or so? but until dw gets changed there no point in doing it.