Sign in to follow this  
MsInformative

'Panic' button.

For those sudden moments where you find yourself being attacked and you are not prepared, right click 'Inventory' and select 'Panic!'

This will cause you to drop everything in your inventory, allowing you a chance for a speedy escape.

-1, I can already see all my items on bottom of an ocean by some stupid accident.

I don't think that function such as this is needed.

• Like 3

Emergency Temporal Shift!
Emergency_temporal_shift.jpg

But seriously, -1, this is just silly. Get some FS and some gear and you'll be fine :)

• Like 1

-1, silly option, and it would need to go in the submenu with pour and destroy, anyways. Just click the thing in the top of your inventory, scroll down, hold shift while clicking the thing in the bottom, right click > drop

Lol panic is what you should NOT do when you're not prepared.

If you really want to drop all, you can very quickly select all and Drop.

• Like 1

I can imagine you're all thinking, "I won't need this." But put yourself out of the center of the universe for a moment and think of others.

I can imagine you're all thinking, "I won't need this." But put yourself out of the center of the universe for a moment and think of others.

No one will need this though.

Think before making a suggestion - does it benefit just me, or does it benefit everyone? Though in my opinion this isn't even remotely useful to anyone in any-way.

Edited by Thrrim

I remember a Panic button in WoW. If you pressed it the whole raid wiped. Still players couldnt refuse to click it. Not a good idea. -42

The best galactic advice for you MsInformative is:

DON'T PANIC

Edited by Tissotx

But if you drop all your stuff, anyone can come take it.

If you die with it, you can keep it all safe for quite some time. (On freedom at least and you shouldn't be out walking unprepared in PvP maps anyway really)

Edited by Outlaw

Hold shift, click the most upper item, then click the item at the bottom of your inventory - effectively chooses everything, takes like half a second to do, or even less.

But like Outlaw says, I'd rather die and try to recover my items than have it stolen by someone.

Edited by Samool
  • Like 1

Only people who needs this are day 1 noobs who cant drop the damn 10kg/50kg large anvil they just found which is slowing them down.

• Like 2

Lol panic is what you should NOT do when you're not prepared.

If you really want to drop all, you can very quickly select all and Drop.

As a newb all I had was my wits, a 1x1 shed and a tower 50 tiles away.

I've been ganked by spiders, trolls and even the Kyklops. I even got annoyed enough where I saved my pennies and bought some descent chain armor and a greatsword. Levelled my fighting skill from 15ish to 70 in the span of a weekend.

Just get caught up on your  Modified Stationary Panic  techniques.  please do not confuse with the Full Bore Linear Panic,  as they are used in different circumstances. :ph34r:

vs_red.gifIn his study of trying not to make things worse when lost in the wilderness entitled "The Modified Stationary Panic", Patrick F. McManus believes it is better to panic right off the bat and get it over with. What is his name for the type of panic you engage in when you run flat out in a straight line until your course is deflected by a rock or tree, after which you get up and sprint off in a new direction? The Humor of Patrick F. McManus
  • The Full Bore Linear Panic. The Stationary Panic is a type of panic his wife, Bun, taught him once when she was about to step on a snake. She jumped up and down and repeated a high pitched chittering while flailing the air with her arms. Pat modified it by changing the chittering to an Austrian drinking song and varying the jumps to a folk dance. He recommends throwing in a few Russina squat kicks for style. Using the MSP can get the panic of realizing you are lost out of your system without ending up in the next county. Pat c

To be safe, put it in a submenu, and put that in another submenu, just for good measure.

You should rather learn how to respond sensibly when an unexpected attack occurs. Know ahead of time what you have to drop and where to run if you need to. Better yet, refuse to expose yourself to such danger by not overloading yourself. Carry essentials only. Or have a mount on lead that yuo can quickly ride away on. Or keep your shtuff in a locked large cart nearby. There are any number of ways to handle it better than drop a brick and beeline in whatever direction you're facing :P

Unnecessary suggestion. Sounds more like a cloaked way of obtaining others items once they drop them on the ground. For Wurm years eternal players have learned not to travel overburdened.

No way I would ever use an option such as this, dropping my valued tools on the ground for some opportunist player to snatch up. They can stay safely on my corpse until I return for them, in the rare event this should happen and it certainly won't be because I have traveled around carrying too many items which would hinder my maximum speed movement.

=Ayes=

Create a sub menu in your inventory, put all the stuff you want to drop in it. When you need to drop stuff just drop all from there.

It's something that with some experience you'll have an organised inventory and be able to quickly drop heavy stuff if you need to. What does need to happen though is when you try to drop dirt and you can't because you're not allowed to modify terrain, it should drop it into an item pile instead automatically. That's the only real change I'd make for this sort of thing.

• Like 1