Sign in to follow this  
Klaa

Skill Transfer Moneysink

Some mystical gem one can purchase from traders that allows for transferring knowledge to another char. Expensive, perhaps 50s

Now the catch is the skill in question does not have a 100% chance of successfully being transferred.

The original owner of said skill will have their particular skill reset to 1.0 and the other char has say a 30% chance of the new skill level replacing their current skill level. Course exact numbers may change depending on Devs' wishes.

EDIT: Come to think of it, this may work as a potential use for one of the Vynora artifacts with a long cooldown.

Edited by Klaa

Or pay to lose, depending on one's luck.

• Like 2

Paying lots of coins for a random roll isn't really a fun thing.

Pay to win, no thank you

Because paying for scale, accounts, weapons, tools, valrei, or buying coin with real-life money and spending it ingame on anything isn't pay to win already?

+1 the idea, more money sinks and it has a chance to fail. 

While I can see the obvious advantages of this, many of those advantages are also disadvantages and shoot me for saying this but I don't believe its the right direction for wurm.

I'd rather it was a sure thing, but only transferred like 90% of the skill level.

Also, WTS 90HFC gems, PM me XD

• Like 1

Awesome idea, +1. More money in code club pocket so more chance valrei will be fixed.

> log on a village priest with the hash

> trade the gem or whatever

> trade skils

> ???

> no one knows you're the ass who did it, ruin all the accounts

• Like 1

why not just pay 50s and you get to choose your skills, and for another 50s you get to remotely kill someone you want to kill, and their body is teleported to where you are.  Or, you can pay 50s and Rolf sends you a .jpg saying that you won wurm.

btw -1

• Like 3

Paying lots of coins for a random roll isn't really a fun thing.

Works quite nicely for Perfect World Entertainment and EA. :-P

Pros:

• Luck and gamble when introduced in an mmo are always a good money sink to stabilize inflating economy.
  • We do have individuals who wanna pay extraordinary amount of money to create the perfect account and support the wurm company.

Cons:

• Account grinding can be parallelized by "buying" skills and making strong accounts in short amount of time providing you have the money.
  • Super-accounts destroy the economy since they are super self-suficient.
  • Skill transfers will render a lot of accounts useless, making the buying pool shorter for people who just wanna jumpstart wurm since those accounts will be removed from circulation after their skills are drained.

A very cautious +1 from me.

Edited by Issle

This would ruin the game no matter how you put it into the game.

In the proposed form, people with a lot of money will also be able to just buy skills of other characters this way until a transfer succeeds. This allows somebody to spend thousands of euro's in order to get the perfect character, achieving skills which a single character could not achieve in a human lifetime. so it is most certainly p2w as proposed and gets a -1 from me. I am really not a fan of gambling items, and I also wonder if the Swedish law has anything which would be a problem for this suggestion. But since simply giving a -1 and saying I don't like it isn't exactly constructive, so I'll also give some ideas for improving the suggestion, aimed at removing the p2w portion of it:

I propose that at least one of the following modifications is added to the original suggestion:

- this item can only be used on a skill once. If it has failed then it can never be used on that skill again for that character. So if you want to transfer 90 weapon smithing to your character and it fails then tough luck, you will never have a chance at transferring weapon smithing to your character again. An extra limit could be to make it so that it can only be used successfully on a skill group once. So if you transferred weapon smithing then you won't be able to transfer any other smithing skills.

- when this item fails to transfer the skill, your highest skill will be reset to 50, if it was above 50. This way you can't keep using the item without risk of nullifying a previously successful skill transfer. (this should probably be combined with a price decrease)

Buying an account is different. Someone has to train that stat and forego training other stats at the same time on that account. 

With this, you could essentially train 10 accounts at once all in different skills, then merge them all into 1. Essentially training at 10x the speed of other people.

I allways wonder what it is with you and gambling, Klaa...

Skills should never be effected by money, if you want to buy and accounts thats great but if you aren't happy with the skills you have then grind them like everyone else.

The less this game has in terms of throwing money at it for an advantage the better.

+1

As a working man its hard to gain skills at the same pace as you younguns'

If your concern is that tiny transfers make it too easy to buy a good account, think about implementing it as a total skill transfer making it more akin to buying a character.

I like the idea of people being able to sell grinding services without giving out password hashes, and this really enables that.

Also remove that gambling nonsense. At worst it might fail to transfer but the skills are kept.

Edited by Enzius
  • Like 1

If 100% chance and not so expensive... +1 

• Wurm is already "pay to win".
  • Skills are already affected by money.
Edited by Lucas
  • Like 1

Or pay to lose, depending on one's luck.

Edited by KanePT