Sign in to follow this  
Touchmee

Locate Mission

Locating Missions  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think there should be a Locate Mission spell for ALL Priests?

• Yes, it would promote missions.
    • No, kinda pointless
    • Not sure
    • Other idea

I looked around for other threads before posting this but couldn't find anything about anyone suggesting a spell to locate missions, however I am sure it has been mentioned before.

Since Epic was based around the whole Valrei, gods, missions and scenario's theme it seems to me that most kingdoms only do their own server missions and do not OFTEN travel to enemy servers to complete them.

My suggestion is to have a spell for ALL Priests that works similar to Locate Artifact, when cast it will give you a general direction to where the mission item/object/animal etc is.

For example:

Mission: 4 of you must perform ritual of healing on tower Touchmee 334 located in the south regions.

Players of WL would travel to Affliction and sail to the south of the server and cast Locate Mission facing North (for example), the Spell could be 60favor possibly? I don't know what other people would class as balanced/fair.

After casting the spell you would receive a message the same to Locate Artifact.

I believe this would work for the following Missions:

Towers, Pillars/monuments etc, traitor animals and gifting items to avatars (to locate the Avatar).

What you guys think?

• Like 2

Oops! Something went wrong!

[#10354]

You have already voted in this poll. You are only allowed to vote in a poll once.

+1

Edited by Alec

yesyesyes

Then i can finally find pretor 130, the tower that does not exist.

Would help a frikken ton for these "bugged" tree missions where the tree can be north of a deed to the server border.

+1 for a pendulum enchant for this

+1 for the idea, but not sure how you should choose for what god to do the mission for in the JK situation. What I mean is like Fo wants you to give something to avatar NW, Vynora - perform ritual on some tower NW. Which one will it locate?

Some of those situations exist now too, sac valrey item for Fo and sac another valrey item for Vynora, who gets it after you sac an item at mag altar?

Why not just have the ability to locate a certain gods mission? Like you choose who it locates for

Possibly an idea to allow every priest to locate every mission even other gods to help prevent them being done also?

+1

I would love the idea of having it be cast-able on a item (pendulum)... However this make it to easy.

Well the pendulum would be for short range and the cast for more long range.

• Like 1

i guess im kinda surprised so many +1 this, i kinda thought part of the missions difficulty was based on around if people knew where some the mission objectives were, and that people were forced to risk going into enemy territory sometimes to find the right tower.  kinda lose that risk and adventure when you're just pointed towards it. 

i guess im kinda surprised so many +1 this, i kinda thought part of the missions difficulty was based on around if people knew where some the mission objectives were, and that people were forced to risk going into enemy territory sometimes to find the right tower. kinda lose that risk and adventure when you're just pointed towards it.

I disagree whole heartedly on two points.

First, I imainge every kingdom has a fairly decent map of tower names available so there aren't many that are completely obscured. When they are they're usually out of reach of a raid anyway.

Second, pointing enemy players to an object can lead to a pvp scenario.

As ab aside: I'd like to see something like triator creatures and mission trees mission be able to be completed by enemies and instead encouraging enemies to set up make shift defenses around these locations. Might make for neat gameplay.