Sign in to follow this  
huntgrem

Having major problems breeding on Xan

I have a huge problem getting my horses to breed. I have them well groomed and well fed. I have only been able to breed one mare since and she is due in a few hours. I have even killed off many horses and still they will not breed. Is anyone else having this problem and what can i do about it. Oh, and my AH is 48.61.

Thank You

Maybe the overall Xanadu animal cap is stopping the breeding, its really low so may stop any births above the cap. Just guessing here though.

• Like 1

Aye sounds like the animal cap for the server is already met, which is odd given the lack of hunting I encountered there initially.

Perhaps the spawn jumped.

Edited by Klaa

Somewhere on Xanadu is a valley of death. I guess it depends on who finds it as if it is the valley of mob death or player death. 

There are thousands of animals stuck on sloppy mountains where players cannot walk/drive/ride to get there and kill them  and they are taking  a big part of animal population on Xanadu. Breeding on farms also gives  a big number of animals too and cause of big server we are not able to kill enough mobs  to enable new to respawn.

idk all seems normal for me...   animals get breed normal...  they just need to be not hungry... feed manual by hand before breed till says not hungry anymore... then are in mood for breed normaly,,,,

I am able to breed mine just fine on Xanadu, so it isn't the cap that is getting in the way, sorry.

What problem are you having, exactly? "Not in the mood?" Please be specific.

I am sure today will go fine since the server is resetting right now. The breeding timer seemed to be (bugged? nerfed? changed? glitched) affected so that a mare that gives birth is not available again for breeding in 24 hours as usual, or in many cases even after 4 or 5 or 6  days. People that breed their animals less often may not be noticing since mares that have NOT given birth recently, are not affected. 

A server reset always fixes it, so this issue comes up any time it has been many days since a server reset was done. 

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

I bred four horses this morning on Xanadu with no hiccups. Now its been a week or more since I have tried to breed.

I have tried for over a week and none will breed, just not in the mood.

And yes they are fed and groomed.

But then there is also a lot of mobs in my area.

Haven't been able to breed for a week now, horses, cows, even dogs all get not in the mood message all are well fed to fat and are well groomed prior to being bred

I  have the same "Not in the mood" problem. I have not counted exactly but I recon that I am successful with breeding at most once every 10 - 15 tries. AH = 43.

I also think it is related to when last the Mare gave birth. The effective "cool down" seems to be much longer than 24 RL hrs. It seems more like a few RL days.

I don't see to many mobs in my area but I am not sure if the Max Mob Count is server wide or a combination of server + area.