Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Boats and mounts http://wurmonline.com/client/testclient/wurmclienttest.jnlp

If noone can gain much skill atm then just reduce people skill to 1/5th of what it is atm.

Can't complain about loosing the skill after the nerf because that will probably be about 0.01.

Either that or just put the skill gain slightly higher and lower people skills slightly.

toooo late! and if someone grinded it now when skill gain is low? :P imaggine you grind hard.. YES 50 :P then salther say HEy someone got good skill gain let  reduce all player skill 1/5 ;p

The jealousy is remarkable around here... instead of hoping that people who didn't jump the grinding-bandwagon early enough to get some kind of reimbursment (that they won't receive, which they know), they demand that people who grinded the skill are to be penalized. Sad world, we live in. It's really sad indeed, when people grudge other people the black under the fingernail, as we use to say here in Germany...

Oh, and by the way, my Shipbuilding skill is 7, so go away.

The jealousy is remarkable around here... instead of hoping that people who didn't jump the grinding-bandwagon early enough to get some kind of reimbursment (that they won't receive, which they know), they demand that people who grinded the skill are to be penalized. Sad world, we live in. It's really sad indeed, when people grudge other people the black under the fingernail, as we use to say here in Germany...

Oh, and by the way, my Shipbuilding skill is 7, so go away.

+7

It isn't jealousy, it's "hurr we seen skill was easy and fast so we spent as much flipping time as possible on it" then Rolf turns around the skill and makes it so it's MUCH harder to get it.

The only thing I could see fixing this is putting skillgain back at the same speeds or resetting the skill.

This is still jealousy. It isn't something like on wild, where someone exploits a skill to raise it as fast as (in)humanly possible to then beat the living crap out of unsuspecting foes. It's just a skill that doesn't harm the one who doesn't have it.

So, it's too slow now? Ask Rolf to make it a bit better gainable. Then you can go and grind it, if you want to. Asking him to reduce the skill for everyone who already has it, is quite a bit harsh, isn't it? What about people who did grind AFTER it has been made harder to gain: "Oh, tough luck then. It's just collateral damage, so that I can *feel* better." ?

I have to admit, I'm really saddened by this and I really feel sorry for Rolf having to deal with it all. This is the first time I've been directly involved in one of these grind/blame/nightmare bitchfests and to be honest I'm pretty disgusted with the attitudes and total ignorance some people have shown. 

I have to admit now that having seen comments and "facts" from some people I doubt I'll believe them much in game if we meet. Sad. I can now see how some people have come to be so frustrated with the community at times too.

Monday Rolf will do whatever he chooses to do so why don't you all just shut up and wait for his decision. Then if you don't like it you can complain to him.

um to stop this nerf/not nerf post ^^

can you log in on test server? :P I can't :[ for about 3-4day :[ clicking play and ..... nothing  :'( wurm dissapeard :o

This is still jealousy. It isn't something like on wild, where someone exploits a skill to raise it as fast as (in)humanly possible to then beat the living crap out of unsuspecting foes. It's just a skill that doesn't harm the one who doesn't have it.

So, it's too slow now? Ask Rolf to make it a bit better gainable. Then you can go and grind it, if you want to. Asking him to reduce the skill for everyone who already has it, is quite a bit harsh, isn't it? What about people who did grind AFTER it has been made harder to gain: "Oh, tough luck then. It's just collateral damage, so that I can *feel* better." ?

This would be harsh if they had spent months and months doing it, but it wasn't longer than a week.

also Gaeron, you don't need to get all mad we're calling the skillgain you had BS

I was on test earlier today no problem. It seems like movement for boats is much improved, you actually control the boat with W/A/S/D instead of 'dragging' it in the direction you are looking like before. It also seems that wind has been toned way down or dropped.

also Gaeron, you don't need to get all mad we're calling the skillgain you had BS

I'm angry about the misinformation so typical in wurm that was thrown around and some of the proclamations made.

Also if I grind up other skills to similar levels in the same time frame, will those be treated the same way?  As I said, what Rolf does, Rolf will do and I'll abide by it and that's enough for me. I guess I'll make this my last post on the subject as its pretty much done to death.

This thread was much more enjoyable before all the whining.

Gaeron having higher ship building has absolutley no affect on any player except Gaeron.  Everyone can still create boats, it being slightly easier for him, through no fault of his own, does not change anything for other players.  This isnt like he has exploited high fight skill where he can kill people much more easily (this would affect other players).  He can make ships a little easier then other players.  People wanting skill reductions are just jealous of his higher skill is all i can figure. 

Him having a boat that was made a little easier will just suck the fun out of boats being implemented.  I know I hate boats now that he has higher skill in it then me. GIVE ME A BREAK.

And as far as some of you saying that reducing everyones skill by some fraction being fair.  Learn what a log function is and why dividing everyones skill in half is not fair to people with higher skill (Im sure you all know this and just dont care since precius you doesnt have high skill in it).

I have 0 ship building.

Locked, if you want to debate skillgainissues then start another thread in Town Square. /Daz