Sign in to follow this  
leaf

Salt - Please Fix

Should Salt be more common?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Should salt be more common?

• Yes
    • No

Over the course of my years of playing wurm, having mined out a gigantic underground shipyard, etc  I have found roughly 600 gems.  200 Source Salt.  100 Salt.

100 Salt.

They are required to make meals last longer (assumed it was meant to be more common).

They are required to make animal rugs - and salt ql determines rug ql.  (Assumed it was meant to be more common).

The Taste option on water also assumes a system was intended for fresh vs salt water, and a way to gain salt.

Salt is easily come by in a variety of methods.  Mining gigantic salt deposits, tidal pools that are then evaporated and even surface digging.  Salt is a very common substance to find and I ask that either salt veins be added or the chance of finding it be dramatically increased when mining (not to diminish source salt or gems chance).  Or even add a good chance to find salt when harvesting reeds, kelp, rice.

I have heard in the past that the cooking system is completely being revamped, but I have been hearing that for a long long time.  Please allow us to fully use this substance which you clearly meant to be used, to the fullest capacity by actually allowing us to find it more often than gems.

Thank you.

http://www.maldonsalt.co.uk/About-Salt-Where-does-Salt-come-from.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salt

s05_24042462.jpg

it03c03z.jpg

it03c03z.jpgsalt-2.jpg

Edited by leaf
  • Like 1

Pretty sure the taste option was for poison, not salt water.

Gigantic salt veins do exist in wurm, if you get salt in an ore vein you can mine some salt every couple actions.

• Like 1

+1

I have noticed that salt is regional, similarly to how veins appear. I've mined about 100 of salt in one of my mines, but nothing in tens of others.

Sea water contains 2.7% salt.

In addition to being used in the creation of glass and other mass industrial uses, being found In almost every food you buy and being readily available - for free - at every restaurant, 17 million tons are used each year for de-icing roads just in the US.

One salt production area as seen from space. Yes, seen from space.  Note that the white area is salt.  While I can't find statistics, it is most likely more common than tin or zinc, and definetly more common than gold or silver.

Dead-Sea---Salt-Evaporation-Ponds.jpg

Edited by leaf

Looks like someone is a bit salty. Har har har.

I always wondered why it wasn't more common, but it's not used for much so not a huge priority imo.

At least replace the 70%+ of rock shards to salt when you are mining a tile that has salt.

• Like 1

Note that the white area is salt. 

Dead-Sea---Salt-Evaporation-Ponds.jpg

Look like clouds to me ;)

Look like clouds to me ;)

And this one?

Salar_de_Uyuni_Bolivia.jpg

At least replace the 70%+ of rock shards to salt when you are mining a tile that has salt.

I'd rather have high ql rock shards than high ql salt.

• Like 2

Salt veins would really be a better solution and, while we're at it, coal veins too please XD

I want salt veins !

Also want to be able to make pickles in game.

Salt veins would really be a better solution and, while we're at it, coal veins too please XD

Salt veins i have nothing against and could be a nice addition.

Coal veins in the other hand, no way. There is an existent source for it coal piles, there is no need for coal veins and will end messing with people that already made a considerable effort to master coal making skill.

• Like 1