Sign in to follow this  
Tissotx

Hell Horses

Hell Horses looses tame way to fast. They can go from state Submissive to not tamed in a few hours.

[22:23:03] Aged hell horse is tame no more.

Saddle have no graphic visability on hell Horse

Monsters attack the tamed Hell Horse way to often

The second isn't a bug really, they haven't been ever visible on hellhorses as far as I know.

Also, the third one: it was always like that, tamed animal is very likely to be targetted by a monster.

Hell Horses looses tame way to fast. They can go from state Submissive to not tamed in a few hours.

[22:23:03] Aged hell horse is tame no more.

Just like every creature you need high taming for, they will lose tame fast. This isn't a dog or normal horse

Monsters attack the tamed Hell Horse way to often

Of course they do, it is tamed, so mobs will attack it, AND the hell horse will attack mobs so there is a higher chance of it getting attacked. Simple solution, get a barding and make sure they don't attack it.

Just like every creature you need high taming for, they will lose tame fast. This isn't a dog or normal horse

Nothing to do with high taming, it's because it's aggressive.  A champ unicorn will stay tamed for weeks

• Like 2

While I agree with you on all three points, I think all three are suggestions, not bugs.

1&3 is working as intended.

2 is merely a lack of graphics from the graphics crew, not a bug.

Under bug its says:

Game mechanics problems

I know its not a bug, its just something that need adjustment, coz otherwise i feel hell horse has no use in the game.

Well whatever, flame away.

Edit.

To explain, runing at 22kmph does not save me any time, when u count in all the retaming, and the healing and , the abort fight and reengage fight, if u compare to the casual playing with normal horse.

I guerss its just a freedom server problem, coz u wouldnt take ur best horse to a fight on pvp right?

Sorry if im wrong, is just i got so happy last night when i found him, and i stayed up all night to make horse shoes and gear for him, then this hugh let down.

Edited by Tissotx

Under bug its says:

Game mechanics problems

I know its not a bug, its just something that need adjustment, coz otherwise i feel hell horse has no use in the game.

They have plenty of use, just need to grind taming.  With 70+ taming you just get it to extremely loyal and it can last like 6 hours

I do think there's an actual bug with their tame level, as they skip entire levels of loyalty. I've had them go from nervous to untame multiple times, completely skipping the upset status (or from submissive to upset, skipping nervous)

• Like 1

Weren't a lot of the previous nerfs to tame length and difficulty (at least over the past few years) due to dragon riding? It seems a bit over the top considering it previously almost always failed without the crown, and now it isn't even possible with the crown.

EDIT: I say "almost always failed" because some guy with a good Mag priest on JKH managed to dominate the forest giant without the crown, leading to Rolf nerfing dominating yet again.

Edited by MattSquare

I do think there's an actual bug with their tame level, as they skip entire levels of loyalty. I've had them go from nervous to untame multiple times, completely skipping the upset status (or from submissive to upset, skipping nervous)

Their tame level is just some kind of value, which you can see with that path of knowledge ability. Its tame levels doesn't seem to decrease gradually, but it just takes a hit every now and then. It could be that a loyalty level of 1 to 10 is 'upset', 10 to 20 is 'nervous' etc, though I'm not really sure on those exact values.

I think that it will sometimes take a hit that's large enough to skip an entire loyalty level. For example, it could go from a loyalty level of 31 to 19, meaning it would skip everything between 20 to 30.

I've never really tested it, so it's just a theory.

Under bug its says:

Game mechanics problems

Edit.

To explain, runing at 22kmph does not save me any time, when u count in all the retaming, and the healing and , the abort fight and reengage fight, if u compare to the casual playing with normal horse.

I guerss its just a freedom server problem, coz u wouldnt take ur best horse to a fight on pvp right?

Sorry if im wrong, is just i got so happy last night when i found him, and i stayed up all night to make horse shoes and gear for him, then this hugh let down.

My experience is that wild hell horses with decent gear will come pretty close to 30km/h on flat tiles. 5 speed trait HHs can easily go around 40km/h with decent gear. With very good and rare/supreme gear, you could go around 45 to 50km/h

This is at least several km/h faster than normal horses, not to mention that normal horses will sometimes change speeds and become slow out of nowhere, while hell horses will stay at a constant speed.

On pvp servers, hell horses are almost always preferred if you have the option to use one. You learn quickly that you shouldn't become attached to horses in PvP and that they're more like replacable items. Most people will use their best horses in PvP.

• Like 1

Im not even reading all the comments....... but none of these are bugs.

That's RNG actually, like imping... sometimes you'll imp 0.05 ql, next action with same log will give you 0.2

Taming's the same, I've gotten a hell hound to loyal in a single filet, and had to burn 12 filets on a wolf.

fyi, my hell horse is dead =)

spirit templar on my deed must have killed him in the animal pen while i was sleep

Hi,

Just remove hell horses, problem solved.

Signing it, they have been nerfed into uselessness anyways. I'd suggest removing the taming skill, too, it has as well been nerfed into oblivion.

As long as it's not possible to have different parameters for certain skills between PvP and PvE, just remove them. It's no fun at all to skill any profession, only to get reaped of the fruits because some random PvP fiend gets beaten up, and finds Rolfs ear on IRC with its whining.

Taming on PvE has been made useless, => Remove!

Hell horses have been made useless on PvE, => Remove!

Or: PvP isn't compatible with what the majority of paying players want, => give them a special rule set, finally!

PvP needs constant balancing, PvE needs reliable mechanics. This is a contradiction in itself, as long as it comes to the way skills are treated. It just doesn't work to have PvP and PvE within the same rule set and the same parameters.

They are different, and to cater both of them, the code should be able to know in what environment it runs at the moment, and behave accordingly:

As my apps behave different if on desktop or on mobile. It's no rocket science.

Have fun!