Sign in to follow this  
RomaN

Remove Hunted status from Chaos

The Hunted Status was introduced to the game as a means of auto-punishing players who attack people within their own kingdom. The only problem is that it doesn't work like this on Chaos. The existing kingdoms all have reasonable tools to deal with citizens who attack within their own kingdom.

Hunted Status at present only serves to be a nuisance and a problem that can affect live PVP.

I've already mentioned a lot of the issues with hunted status in this thread (http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/101811-hunted-status-is-garbage-on-chaos/).

To reiterate what I've already mentioned in the past:

Issue #1: If you are affected by the Hunted Status, for some reason it makes you randomly target friendly players from within your own kingdom when you get into range.

Issue #2: It makes other friendly players auto-hit you when you "make a bad move" or "open yourself up".

Issue #3: It makes your tamed pets also go 'HUNTED' which means it will automatically attacking any friendly tamed pets near it.

Issue #4: Friendly AOE Spells will hurt you and your own AOE spells will hurt your friends.

Issue #5: Lockpicking off-deed houses, regardless of which kingdom owns it will make you hunted and cause you to lose alignment. The loss of alignment can also forcibly remove you from your kingdom and put you in Horde of the summoned.

Please remove Hunted entirely from Chaos. It does more harm than good.

• Like 10

Please remove Hunted entirely from the game. It does more harm than good.

• Like 4

+1  Most retarded idea ever when it was implemented on Chaos.  

This is what u get when u join the whitelighters, join BL and u dont have this.

• Like 1

This is what u get when u join the whitelighters, join BL and u dont have this.

i understand your argument Roman,

but removing this will open the game for players in the same kingdom to freely lockpick and steal stuff on a friendly deed or kill someone while AFK without any consequences... there is alot more issues with not having the hunted status.

Also maybe don't shoot friendly's with a cata..... 

but removing this will open the game for players in the same kingdom to freely lockpick and steal stuff on a friendly deed or kill someone while AFK without any consequences... there is alot more issues with not having the hunted status.
Edited by RomaN

Get ride of it this instance. It is the dumbest thing I have ever seen in game.

I would like to see this removed, or to be worked on.

I would argue it needs to be fixed rather than outright removal.

In either case, the current situation is an annoyance.

Seems like it would open up some unique PvP opportunities.

With PMKs, there should be a freaking check box that says:  "Do you want hunted enabled within your kingdom"  

Thats it.  There is NO reason,  absolutely NONE that says that PMKs, which are created and paid for by players, managed by players need to have mechanics that were designed to help police set kingdoms.   PMKs can just kick players who are going around being idiots.   The whole reason Hunted was added was people were metagameing within set kingdoms. 

+1

Have you ever walked in front of Red's catapult?

• Like 2

Putting the Red back in "friendly fire".

Speaking of having Hunted specific to certain kingdoms, how about letting kingdom offices able to set player reputations as per the /reputation system.