Sign in to follow this  
BibiWaffles

Black Dragon Slaying

In the spirit of making a community event as inclusive as possible, why not just require that someone be listed as a killer in the twitter feed, and leave it at that?  Presumably, if your fight skill sucks enough, you won't get any hits, and won't get the listing.

I'm toying with coming along with my less-than-70 FS.

In the spirit of making a community event as inclusive as possible, why not just require that someone be listed as a killer in the twitter feed, and leave it at that?  

Because twitter shows only a part of the players. Not everyone who participated.

I will be there :)

Edit: Well if the winds stay that bad i wont make it in time :(

Edited by Thehigtown

Suggestion - please use random.org this time for rolls, ingame random is fishy.

The rule for 70fs for loot roll is kina fair - you need this amount to actually help, and yeah only people that actually contribute to kill should have a chance at loot.

Others, like me, can still get blood, hide and title, which is already cool enough. ;)

Problem with counting on twitter only is that even a fail hit (no damage) normally awards you title and listing, without any practical contribution. I have like 5 or 6 "kills" record, yet only 20 fs, no skill and never actually damaged.

please sing me in , hope can make it left my village on xanadu now . First dragon ever please wait 4 me ^^ ;]just joking but on the way ;]wish me luck rbk fs71

Not gonna make it, sailing from SW xan in this wind would kill me after this little sleep :P

Sorry to hear that Fraeya :( kinda didn't know if should do it or not but got to take risk wind on xanadu to get to realese really bad , should be approaching realese in the next 30-40 min maybe...

Not gonna make it, sailing from SW xan in this wind would kill me after this little sleep :P

I am down and coming to the meetup. 70+ FS, Fo priest.

Edited by Christian

not acutally sure if i'll make it, the wind is so slow..

on realese already by big sandy island t17 so should be there around 5 sry guys for bang on time thing but left asap;/.

Edited by redbullking

Good job on killing the dragon!! Congrats everyone! \o/

Regarding the requirement for the loot roll and the people posting protests against it, I would like to state something else:  Not on this kill, but another kill on Release, I know of some people who helped in hitting (landing many hits), providing lots and lots of cotton and  healing covers and so forth, to the players and fighters there. After a little time into the kill when the dragon was still not fully dead, they were told by the kill organizers that everyone is going to stop the kill and withdraw, and recoup in half an hour.  Some people then left the scene to go home and get more cottons/covers and favor filled gems.  A few minutes after they left, the players who did not leave and were still hanging around at the kill site, decided to rush in and kill the dragon without waiting for the people who was told to stop fighting and who had left to get supplies, to return.  (The people rushing in for the kill included some of the organizers of the kill.)  The dragon was killed while the people who had left as told, were not there.  These people, who actually had fought and hit the dragon, did not get any loot nor the title. It seemed to be a very confusing and disorganized event.  

I guess what I am trying to say is that things can go wrong but it is better to state clearly at the start of organizing a kill what the requirements are for being on the loot roll.  At least everyone knows where they stand before they sign up. A second advantage seems to be a very successful and quick kill, with lots of happy folk afterwards.

Edited by elf

Regarding the requirement for the loot roll and the people posting protests against it, I would like to state something else:  Not on this kill, but another kill on Release, I know of some people who helped in hitting (landing many hits), providing lots and lots of cotton and  healing covers and so forth, to the players and fighters there. After a little time into the kill when the dragon was still not fully dead, they were told by the kill organizers that everyone is going to stop the kill and withdraw, and recoup in half an hour.  Some people then left the scene to go home and get more cottons/covers and favor filled gems.  A few minutes after they left, the players who did not leave and were still hanging around at the kill site, decided to rush in and kill the dragon without waiting for the people who was told to stop fighting and who had left to get supplies, to return.  (The people rushing in for the kill included some of the organizers of the kill.)  The dragon was killed while the people who had left as told, were not there.  These people, who actually had fought and hit the dragon, did not get any loot nor the title. It seemed to be a very confusing and disorganized event.  

I guess what I am trying to say is that things can go wrong but it is better to state clearly at the start of organizing a kill what the requirements are for being on the loot roll.  At least everyone knows where they stand before they sign up. A second advantage seems to be a very successful and quick kill, with lots of happy folk afterwards.

That's what happens when amateurs run one of these events. 

• Like 1

Just curious when exactly did this happen?