Sign in to follow this  
MaurizioAM

What Wall type/fence is strongest?

With the addition to the fences recently, which is the strongest against bashing/catapult and natural decay rate in an off deed setting?

It was said that tall stone wall was the strongest single standing for a while, but with the recent additions like the linked fences has anyone tested this yet?

I advise tall stone walls for all your defensive needs (excluding buildings ofcourse).

On deed? Hedges if you are not from the deed and want to destroy the fences. (On Freedom anyway). They are a royal pain to remove.

I am not buying that "study" that states that all types of fencing decays at the same rate. Beyond this the quality of the fencing itself also seems to effect the decay rate of it. Higher quality decays slower, lasts longer.

As for which is strongest for bashing resistance, the quality of the fencing is the dominant determinate, with the type in conjunction. Seems to me the iron fencing types are the strongest now as far as resistance in this regard. Not sure about the chain link though. Bashed one of those on deed and seems similar to low stone wall removal there, depending again on the quality of it.

=Ayes=

Tall stone walls and masonry houses are still the strongest against bashing.

Wood is terrible, a couple of swipes with a carving knife and it comes crashing down.

I also thought hedges were destroyed in a few scissor cuts. 

Low stone walls are so commonly used because they are easy on resources.

My limited findings on fence decay off-deed support the same decay rates for all types. Low stone is also very easy to repair and imp for this purpose.

This is my experience with walls and fences of varying types.

Edited by GorgonKain
  • Like 1

House walls are the strongest

Tall stone walls are easy to bash if they are sub 50 ql, medium stone and small stone are slightly worse, but about the same.

Wooden anything is a joke, wooden housewalls can be knocked down in two hits with a carving knife.

Hedges, well, people just sickle those down and walk over them.

This also applies to decay rates pretty much.

• Like 2

when it comes to catas all walls go down in like 5 hits.... no one really BASHES down a stone wall at 0.2 damage per.. but i would avoid wood off deed. on deed it does not matter unless you play on pvp

Rope fences maybe worth a shot, had major issue taking a couple of those down; they seem to do an absurd amount of damage to the weapon you use against them, and as such a catapult is essential.

I was mainly wondering with the recent additions to the chain linked fences and what not, if they are made out of steel if they can be made from steel if they would be stronger or not. I guess not many people have tested this so far.

I have returned to the game recently after a 1 year break. 

For PvE: On my deed, I've had every type of fencing. Here's the thing:

• All Wooden Type Fences Have Decayed. My experience says that Wooden Fences (the once that are actually called Wooden Fence) go last.
  • Iron Fence & High Iron Fence + Gates: 30 damage - decayed
  • Low Stone Walls: 10-60 damage
  • Stone Fences: 10 damage - decayed
  • Tall Stone Walls: mostly decayed!!!
  • For the sake of completion: Rope Fences - 50-90 damage // Curbs - decayed // Chain Fences: 30-50 damage
  • Cause I know Wurm regards it as a fence: Stone Parapet - decayed

For PvP - respawned on abandoned Epic deed, plus experiences from epic prior to my leaving. Here's the thing:

Category: Natural Decay Off Deed equal to PvE INCLUDING Tall Stone Walls having decayed!

Category: Strength Against Bashing / Catapults

• Against Catapults, no wall holds like a tall stone wall.
  • Against direct damage from bashing, Tall Stone Walls and Chain Fences are best, closely followed by Stone Fences.

THIS IS MY EXPERIENCE. DON'T SUE ME XD