Sign in to follow this  
Kegan

Seryll Improvement

-1, even on Freedom, the fact it is a extremely rare commodity based on skilling (low quality items in general), it kind of just seems weird to have seryll, unless the amounts are extremely rare, and minimal. Even then, I wouldn't let people imp up seryll with steel, they're worlds apart in terms of what seryll can do and what steel can do.

I agree, but maybe a way for Freedom players to get more seryll without risking chaos or having to depend on chaos.  

Pretty sure freedom gets valrei mobs.

Pretty sure freedom gets valrei mobs.

They don't anymore, read the thread.

Seryll Lumps should just be easier to get everywhere. Its stupid that they would spend time on a feature to the game and then limit its access. We do not need uber rare useless crap we need usefull items available to everyone and sustainable.

Fairly sure they're called iron and steel tools. Just sayin...

• Like 1

Well with no way to get more seryll the stuff we have now is pretty much worthless or will be in a year. Sure right now we have a few lumps floating around but that will be short lived and then the armor, weapons or whatever we have will be useless.  

A new way to get Seryll just for the Freedom cluster (so it doesn't upset Epic) would be nice, but it should require a lot more effort than (high ql) steel creation

• Like 1

I'm thinking something like alchemy.

In a crucible, heat source crystal, a gem and steel to make seryll

(Success or fail only, quality is a function of the component qualties with the gem weighted highest)

and maybe

bronze to make glimmer or an equivalent

brass to make adamantine or an equivalent

or some variation of the above

You'd need mining (to get the materials, ql = skill), metallurgy (to make the base alloy, variable ql) and Alchemy (to do the conversion, success or failure, ql consistent)

• Like 1

Only add it to premium rewards, alternate a few lumps other than the yellow potions I seem to keep getting.

I'm thinking something like alchemy.

In a crucible, heat source crystal, a gem and steel to make seryll

(Success or fail only, quality is a function of the component qualties with the gem weighted highest)

You'd need mining (to get the materials, ql = skill), metallurgy (to make the base alloy, variable ql) and Alchemy (to do the conversion, success or failure, ql consistent)

That sounds like a good idea, it isn't easier than steel as you actually need steel in order to make it, and it would give a nice use to Alchemy. Alchemy can certainly use some love so this would be a step in the right direction. It's also already quite hard to get a good amount of high ql steel, so getting a good amount of high ql seryll would be even harder, which ensures that it doesn't make iron and steel redundant, just as how steel hasn't made iron redundant.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

while we are at it, lets make plate impable with iron cuz steel is just too hard to get. Oh ya and glimmer and addy with steel plz.

Hey, you're coming off like a jerk here, so you probably don't know.  Seryll was given out on the Freedom cluster when the devs started the premium bonus gifts.  It was a one time thing though, and unfortunately there's no other way to get it, so even if you do collect enough to make some armor on Freedom, there's no way to imp it.

The OP's just asking for a fix for this, as otherwise anything made from Seryll on Freedom is pretty useless long term.

The OP's just asking for a fix for this, as otherwise anything made from Seryll on Freedom is pretty useless long term.

Of course if you just make it impable with steel then you end up with one time items which end up with super inflated prices in time like the rest of the one time deals you had to be around for. Probably better to introduce some other way of not too commonly getting the material so people who weren't around to get Seryll the first time can enjoy it with some effort and not have to pay an arm and a leg to get the already existing items.

• Like 1

Well looks like the pvp crowd is against it thats a big surprise seeing how now the only way to get them is from a rare drop from the PvP server. 

Just in response to this - No Valrei mobs have spawns on chaos since the change, so please take your wild accusations somewhere else.

Edited by Kegan

Only add it to premium rewards, alternate a few lumps other than the yellow potions I seem to keep getting.

Aye if you get 1 lump every say 3months for example. That would be an idea that I could on board with.

To be entirely fair though I'm -1ing this idea because it was announced when Seyrll was given out that it would be  a one time only thing and that Lump wouldn't be given out again. (Obviously this has changed slightly since the Valeri Creatures update, atleast for Epic).

Adding in a way to craft Seryll would devalue the premium rewards given out previously. It was never intended that people would have sets of Seryll tools and entire sets of Seryl armor and if they did they should be limited in their ability to maintain and create. Thus giving these "prestige" items some kind of meaning and value beyond just simply being another item to be crafted. If people want to use Seryll they should be very conscious on how and when they use them because of the open manner in which it was stated originally that new lump would not be given out rather than treating it as an everyday item. 

Oh I know!

Only add it to people that have premium with real money.

To make history short, seryll is almost on par with ada and glimer, so giving PvE people a way to have a nice armor/weapon without expending money in non-Pve servers is bad.

To make history short, seryll is almost on par with better than/equal to ada and glimer, so giving PvE people a way to have a nice armor/weapon without expending money in non-Pve servers creating a whole new set of legacy items/turning it into an everyday metal is a bad idea.

ftfy

I just keep getting this thought of how much fun it would be if Freedom banded together.  Two or three hundred people crossing to chaos to get seryll.

Nah. Seryll's not essential to your survival and the initial word was that we'd NEVER get more seryll, so it shouldn't be a shock that the amount of lumps available to improve it with are limited in number.

Well looks like the pvp crowd is against it thats a big surprise seeing how now the only way to get them is from a rare drop from the PvP server.

bump. I let a lump rot because it has no viable value to me. wtf can I make from one lump that would be worth it in the end, use up a good portion of the lump then use it up in a couple of impings to get a carving knife to ql 40?

so precious it has no value.

bump. I let a lump rot because it has no viable value to me. wtf can I make from one lump that would be worth it in the end, use up a good portion of the lump then use it up in a couple of impings to get a carving knife to ql 40?

so precious it has no value.

except it is better for enchants

aka best for lots of skilling tools.

Just add regular sources of Seryl to other servers besides Epic. (As they get it from Valrei critters).