Sign in to follow this  
roarkindrake

Hitch to a Boat

Well since we haven't got anything with loading animals to a boat. How bout making horses and other animals that can swim hitchable to a boat. It would act just like a tent where only if you have permissions/key you can unhitch them. They would follow the boat anywhere but cross server.

• Like 16

+1 also because I posted same suggestion in one of the update threads :P It would be so helpful :o

Having a hitching post would be a cool addition as well.

• Like 1

+1. No need to even restrict it to swimming animals; just switch the "can swim" property from false to true once the animal boards the boat, and switch it back to false once it disembarks. Then all you have to do is make it so the animal models appear on the deck of the boat (or not at all) rather than dragging behind you in the water, and change the right-click menu to say "load animal" rather than "hitch". And suddenly you have a fully-functional animal loading feature (minus the ability to take them across servers, but whatever).

• Like 1

+1 but... i'd rather have it so you can actually transport animals on a boat, maybe even a special one meant just for that.  Trying to get cattle and bisons across water, even small canals and such is pretty much impossible.. which sucks, big time.

Not many things are more annoying than trying to lead horses on a large boat.

+1

"Yes please!" as long as it doesn't get ridiculous. Something like 4 in a caravel, 2 in the other big ships, and possibly (or not) just one in a sailboat or rowboat.

"Yes please!" as long as it doesn't get ridiculous. Something like 4 in a caravel, 2 in the other big ships, and possibly (or not) just one in a sailboat or rowboat.

We're able to lead animals while commanding a boat (ain't that ridiculous?).

I actually think it would be most suitable if the ability to lead while standing on boats got replaced by hitching up to 4 animals on each boat.

Edited by Lucas

Yes, yes it is. Hence my supporting this suggestion. You can't remove the bad but necessary mechanic until the good mechanc is in the game.

• Like 1

I was gonna make this suggestion, but did a search first. Ok even if we can't lead other animals into the water and just the horses - PLEASE allow us to hitch them to the boat! Right now struggling with a knarr, high winds and capturing 2 horses that are going off in their own directions.

Highly aggravating!

• Like 1