Sign in to follow this  
junkkmann

land map

i had an idea this morning.... its gone now.

hehe

here it is

land use map, direct from devs.

only thing its shows is deeded vs non-deeded land.

helpful tool for noobs needing to select a direction to start out for dropping new deeds

yeah not for use on pvp servers, Thanks new_unsleep

Edited by junkkmann

+1 on freedom

-1 on epic,  would take the fun out of raiding a homeserver

+1 Nice idea, it will have to take slope into account as well, otherwise new players will be directed en masse to (for them) completely unusable land.

+1 as long as only on Freedom and additional coloring for 20+ slopes and water.

I think this is only really a problem on the freedom servers because here on Chaos pretty much everywhere I go I can build. I have to be very stupid to not notice the deed. Mostly it's just becaues there's so much expansive open land on Chaos. On the other hand, showing everything on the map does detract from exploration. It detracts from the spontaneity. It seems every modern game has done this by adding casual features that henceforth destroy the more natural method of going out and surveying things. I guess most people are just so hooked on GPS and mobile devices and cellphones and other similar things that they just lost the ability and/or enjoyment. I think ti's about control. Players want to control their experience to eliminate anything adverse or negative in their eyes.

Aright, I'm being too mean. Mostly it's about the large expansive land on Chaos and the few players. This leads to a situation where most everywhere you go is good to build on. However, you still end up looking for just the right spot, so just because you can build almost anywhere doesn't mean you build immediately. There's also the issue that Chaos has a lot of steep terrain - something I like. This means some areas are much less traveled than normal and so if you're more determined you'll almost always be able to find something good for yourself in a particular area.

Edited by Lightonfoot

or just update the current in game map function to show a toggle on/off feature that shades the map with different colors for population density for last 24 hrs or last 7 days of  log in information.

Edited by metis