Sign in to follow this  
enoofu

Freedom to Epic skill transfers

I believe one of the major killing point for anything to want to try Epic including me is that there is no way to transfer skills to the epic server and would mean grinding a new toon from the start even with the 3 X boost.

Don't believe it would difficult to allow a item that allows copying your freedom skills to its epic mirror from the trader and would probably help out Epic population quite decently, and probably would be a plus since a lot of people are pretty far from Chao especially with Xanadu opening

-1, a lot of people would go there to just grind and come back if this were the case.

+1 if it was a one time skill set, and you couldn't bring epic skills back to freedom.

What

Da

Fu

Am I reading?

You really want people with 50 stamina running around Epic?

Do you really know or care of why the separated skill sets and that the only way to gain body stamina is by woodcutting and milling is for?

• Like 1

Wasn't Epic intended as a separate game style where people start with a clean slate?

It actually doesn't take that long to make an account capable of pvping. You really only need 70 fight skill, 50 shield/weapon skill and 50 archery and you're good. I did a bit more than that in about a week.

I dont see a problem here, it will actually make ppl try epic that come from freedom.

But what Alec says is true, body stamina cant be transferred and this could be a problem. There arent many ppl above 40 stamina on epic. For the rest of the skills/stats a big +1 from me.

The more our epic playerbase increases the better.

+1 would love to see pre ff accounts on epic

+1 if skills dont go from epic to freedom

also would have to figure out how to fix body stam

-1, skilling characteristics is different on epic, if you transfer your character from freedom you would have MASSIVE advantages that are simply not available on epic

- 1, however always wondered if it was possible for Rolf to create a calculation that adjusted your body stamina based off mining & digging skills.

2 options:

1. merge epic and normal servers

2. shut down epic servers

I don't want 10 year old accounts with 70 body and 50 stamina running around, not to mention the pre-fight-fix 95+ fighting stance skills, alt farmed 100 FS, and if their inventories transfer too, drake and scale will become a necessity to PvP.

Reasoning behind this:

1. There are very few people with 70 body on Epic.

2. Stamina can only be gained by woodcutting (and milling, but that's just a joke). There are very few people with over 40 stamina, and none over 50.

3. Stance skills are harder to skill because of the curve. Most good accounts have 60s to 70s. There may be a few in the 80s, not sure, but no one has 90 as far as I know.

4. There is one person with 100 FS, and it's really something like 99.9995, which he got from killing players, not alts at an undefended start town for a bogus kingdom.

5. Drake and scale aren't that common, it is hardly used, and it should stay that way. We don't need this stuff to become another check box on the PvP check list.

6. We don't need even more people with shield of the gone.

• Like 1

2 options:

What?

- 1, however always wondered if it was possible for Rolf to create a calculation that adjusted your body stamina based off mining & digging skills.

Not possible to calculate by skills alone even if you average out the randomness of skill ticks because how you mine and dig(ie tool quality and enchants) affects how much body stats and skill gains you get.

• Like 1

2 options:

(I'm not bashing chaos don't panic I'm just showing the anti epic people that they make no sense)

first epic has more players then chaos - actually I think serenity alone has more players then chaos - at this moment 68 serenity versus chaos 62 and total epic 165 players

(not bashing u either just making a point)

which even if were going with smallest servers

Deliverance 35

Celebration 28

Largest servers

Xan (yeah I was shocked to lols)

Independence (isn't it bigger then all of epic put together?)

Sernity - so the first normal sized map is epic. . .  can tell epics dieing

and we all know if they tried shutting them down people would throw a fit that made deeding land look small and nice

the whole epic needs to die is not gonna happen 20-25% of wurm is epic our servers take no more resources then yours and its not like rolf released 500 pvp only items last month - he gave u seals gave us seals - gave you turtles gave us turtles - gave you xan gave us. . . . . well I think he gave us a portal to xan lol - so leave us alone on epic go grief someone for cutting down your lawn on something

Edited by Forgedrake

-1 the two are separate, they should stay that way

pvp is waiting on chaos for your freedom skills.   :P