Sign in to follow this  
Belfesar

Fix Creatures on all servers (Poll added)

84 members have voted

1. 1. Do creatures need fixing?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. What would you like to see changed?

• Creature count increased.
    • Spawn rate increased.
    • Climbing Ability change.

+1

Also, there is really one person in the game who legitimately got 100 FS, and he is an active PvPer on Epic (FS does not receive double gain as far as I know). The rest are on Chaos, and they repeatedly killed alts for their 100 FS, so it isn't realistic to expect to get 100 FS from mobs alone, hence the reason for FS gain in PvE slowing down drastically after 70.

EDIT: Also, spawns in caves need to be toned down. I'm sure there are a lot of animals in abandoned and probably collapsed mines that no one even knows about. They hog the animal cap. Don't forget about sharks either, I don't think that problem has been completely fixed either.

Edited by MattSquare
  • Like 1

This.

I think it was Aeris who also suggested a zonning method to spawn creatures by difficulty, this would probably allow more frequent spawns without endangering new players too much.

Maybe also tweak the AI to do a FS check, expanding or contracting the aggro range in reverse proportion to the player's FS skill. (Low FS players get less aggro, high FS players get more). This is something akin to the newbie protection buff, but one that would be permanent and scaled.

Great idea!  Just wish I knew this before I tried getting higher FS!! How about also factoring in armour and weapon?  Which means if I go out in wemp and no weapon and have almost no FS I wont attract a lot of attention while I harvest sprouts or fish...  +1

• Like 1

Yes, am wondering, with a couple of other people here, that a start of the solution could be preventing mobs to spawn on stupid places like mountain tops, and have them die a lot faster in mines. I know that under my deed I had lava spiders stuck for ages, simply because every now and then smoke came out of my crops. It took a very long time for them to die in a spot I had no access to. They clutter the animal cap.

• Like 2

Can you edit your poll? Choices *should* be mutually exclusive to have a decent data set--otherwise have an 'all of the above' for similar - group selections

thanks

and yes, more mobs please

Do creatures need fixing?
  1. Is the creature count too low?
  2. Do you think the spawn rate should be increased?
  3. Should creatures climbing ability be limited?
  4. Should creatures be left as is?

The answer to the poll are... other questions?

Yes please. it's fairly common knowledge now that something or another is wrong with creatures and a lot of people want change

Edited by Reiless

I'd prefer for creatures to exhibit some more interesting behavior and pose more of a challenge at high fighting levels, than see their count raised even more on smaller servers.

So far, we have things like desert crocodiles, that ignore guards killing their friend crocs right next to them, ignoring open gates and walking vertical terrains, but not able to climb a house.

May not be a big issue for pvp cluster, there is plenty of other... hostile existence there. But on PvE we could definitely use some more excitement now and then.

I have had exactly 6 agro mobs on or near my 41x61 deed on Xanadu and when I go out to hunt for meat to cook, its hours to get enough kills in to come back with any amount of meat worth going out for.

Its borked atm

+1 For fixing spawns.

With that said, over the time the area around my deed has gone from a barren wasteland for mobs. To the current gathering place for "Pristine spider and hellhound convention '14"

Tweak up the spawns a smidge, and fix mob distribution.

Edited by Karthannar

Fix their hill climbing behavior first and see how that affects things. Then modify spawn rate if necessary.

I made a suggestion for changing their hill climbing ability in another thread. I don't know if it's the right solution, but the devs need to try something. They have tried something in the past, but they made the critical mistake of giving up on it once we found it to be a poor solution, instead of improving and iterating on the system until it worked.

• Like 1

I would like to see a population cap on sharks. That alone should help immensely. As it stands, if someone kills a spider and the mob that replaces it is a shark, chances are it will not be killed.

On this point one additional feature that would be nice is that if corpses (of creatures only, NOT players) decayed very quickly unless picked up once so that when people are too lazy to butcher and bury corpses they disapear quickly

The problem isn't the lack of mobs. Its the time it takes to find them. A better solution is to: 1. make mobs tend to congregate in small areas (lots of them), 2. make it easy to either find or avoid these areas.

This solution is better because it gives all players the chance to play how they want.

Although, I would like to see a lot more peaceful creatures around.

There is no shortage of spawns on Release by my deed there. In fact, you can almost walk border to border past my deed by hopping from to the back of one croc to another.

Also, I do believe the reason mobs can climb a sheer cliff is because in the past they could not and people dug these big pits and they would fill up with mobs. Our behavior as much as our suggestions dictates the direction this game will go. And if this happened in the past, I would think the team would be reluctant to put it back to where it was with that going on since this is a result of mobs not climbing.

I'm up to my ears in mobs on both deli and exo, in the parts where I live. So no, not even more creatures there, I prefer to take at least three steps without a fight...

Which means to me that its not something with the creature-number in itself - redistribution seems more like what's needed (at least for these two servers - maybe Xanadu needs higher number, but not everywhere)

• Like 1

*Throws hands to sky*

Please o' please, mighty wurm gods, bless us with more creatures!!!

:)

There is no shortage of spawns on Release by my deed there. In fact, you can almost walk border to border past my deed by hopping from to the back of one croc to another.

Also, I do believe the reason mobs can climb a sheer cliff is because in the past they could not and people dug these big pits and they would fill up with mobs. Our behavior as much as our suggestions dictates the direction this game will go. And if this happened in the past, I would think the team would be reluctant to put it back to where it was with that going on since this is a result of mobs not climbing.