Sign in to follow this  
griper

how does white paint on wooden walls look like?

cant find any pics right now,but it looks terrible

Depends if you have GLSL on or off.

When it's on, you cant even see it, but when turned off it looks greyish, unless you used +92ql white dye.

I'd personally go with other colors if you cannot get your hands on atleast +236rgb white.

Dying most items is really bad only because you dye the whole thing. Walls would look much better if the frames weren't dyed, particularly the white walls.

ok, thanks

I was just wondering if it looked good.

I want to have white walls on a roman style temple with marble pillars, but dont want to use timber frame.

We used to have really good paint

I can't remember exactly when it changed, I think with the "performance increase" a few months ago.

Black is also no longer black, but a grey. I remmeber my perfect deep black house :(

Definite step back for the client

I know it's an older topic but...   Timber Framed Walls are white with wooden frame.  :-)  --- kinda a pain to build as they take 5 Timber Frame Beams (not sure the exact name),  20 clay and 10 grass for each wall.  And it is 25 actions per wall instead of the normal 20 actions (I think it is 20 actions) for regular wooden walls.

The one good thing about Timber Framed Walls... no nails required... just a Hammer / Mallet and wood beams, clay, grass.

Anyway, I was looking as well for some photos of regular wooden walls painted white and found nothing.  So I figured I would add my two cents to this thread for any future readers.

Peace!

Warmark  of Deliverance   (formerly Warhaft)

Im just gonna say that a low QL white dye might look better than a high QL on a housewall.

Stuff that has 90ql dye sure stands out in the enviroment, maybe some disagree, but i think it looks ugly.

A low-medium ql dye might blend in a be more greyish, but it looks allright.

At least test it Griper, all u need is some zinc no matter what skill u have, and a brush to remove the paint if u dislike.

But please share the screenshots.

Well we have lead why not make a suggestion for Paint?  dye isnt quite paint int he first place.

Ok, ill try that.

Dont expect any pics soon. Have to build other stuff first.

Warhaft necroed this thread back to life after 5-6 months in the forum grave and my building plans have changed in the meantime.