Sign in to follow this  
Skarra

Emote sounds

So who was the weirdo that thought it would be nice to change sounds on emotes to this bad crap you have added now ?

I mean the voices sound so dead it's like you are beating 2 corpses and make them talk, I just hope it isn't two real persons that has made the voices now because i would be feeling really bad for them having a conversation with any other person.

Worksounds is annoying to hear over and over, this was annoying to hear once..guess it's time to turn of all sounds in game :(

Please for the love of sanity remove this piece of crap and get the old ones back.

• Like 2

*waiting for a moderator to remove the topic*

You're rude.

Edited by Samool
  • Like 1

The new sounds are terrible ... I mean the female toon sounds like she is offering cookies even when she is cursing   ...  <_<

• Like 1

I liked the old sounds better, much better... the new male sounds are just bad, imho.

IS there some kind of explanation somewhere as to why the emotes were replaced..? I don't play with sounds so I don't know what they sound like, but seems an odd choice of feature to randomly change seeing as the emote sounds haven't been in for a very long time.

Wurm and it's ninja employees, when are they going to learn?  :ph34r:

"Hullo, how are you?" - whoever thought this was an improvement should be tortured.

• Like 2

IS there some kind of explanation somewhere as to why the emotes were replaced..? I don't play with sounds so I don't know what they sound like, but seems an odd choice of feature to randomly change seeing as the emote sounds haven't been in for a very long time.

They've been on test server before, not sure why people haven't noticed it. Thought that it isn't that big deal.

Edited by Lucas

for the love of god and all that is good (or bad if you are BL >.>) please revert this.

• Like 2

i'm guessing because they didnt have voices for the new emotes..and they'd not match the old script voices..they redid them all.  That said..the new version of voices...are a step backward..and give me malaise

• Like 2

They've been on test server before, not sure why people haven't noticed it. Thought that it isn't that big deal.

Because the Test server is very poorly documented. It's never very clear what you're supposed to be testing unless you happen to meet a dev online. So, that is why.

That doesn't really have anything to do with my question though. If you interpreted it incorrectly since I can see how that could happen with my sentence I'll clarify: The emote sounds that we had in the Game before this change hadn't been in for a very long time.

Edited by Aeris

i'm guessing because they didnt have voices for the new emotes..and they'd not match the old script voices..they redid them all.  That said..the new version of voices...are a step backward..and give me malaise

It is a wild guess but i think you nailed it.

The change has probably being made in order to keep consistence  all across the board, probably the original performer is not available anymore for some reason and wen a new one jumps in they choice was to remake old ones rather than have 2 different voices.

• Like 1

I did that mistake (using emote Hello) three times with this new sounds, I will not repeat that, I promise. It was terrible experience to hear that voice of ga. h... .... .. .....(I can't write it here, without breaking more than one forum rules)

btw is there any way to use emotes without emotes sounds and keeping rest of wurm sounds in the same time? In theory I can replace emote sounds in sound pack with empty sounds, but it is against rules, I think ... and it will still play on the other side and offending other players this way :/

Prefer the old aswell.

Hullo how are you

Icon.199496.png

Personally, I can't get used to the gold fish. Why are you a gold fish now?

• Like 1

Personally, I can't get used to the gold fish. Why are you a gold fish now?

Golden*fish :P and actually a Rainbow Fish.

Goofy is in the past, he doesn't represent my gamestyle anymore.

I know he was very liked character, but he retired for personal reasons.

on topic:

I wish Goodbye / few other emotes would work far away just like Wave+Call.

Edited by silakka
  • Like 1

and mybe blue txt on event log when someone send emotion to you would be great :D

The new voices remind me of some really over acted TV characters from the 50's. I swear the male voice sounds like Wally from the old Leave it to Beaver show. Suddenly Wurm is populated by teens. lol 

While they do sound terrible, I like the addition of "Goodbye".

I now dont type "bye" in chat and wave only to have my emote going "Hey, over here!"

Not a big deal i dont mind new sounds

Please make the new sounds sound like the old sounds but only different and better!

Man I could do better emotes than these new ones. I'm sure someone put alot of hard work into but they are creepy and definitely a downgrade to the previous ones. 

Sorry!

• Like 1