Sign in to follow this  
roarkindrake

Remove the Crate Pop up

The crate pop up for items is kinda annoying as hell when moving bulk items. Usualy its for bricks,dirt and other mats of the sort. So stopping to spam enter and drag every 2 seconds can be annoying. Please change this!

• Like 2

All of my +1

Edited by Enzius

It gets even "better" when there is serverlag x_x

Even the smallest lag, can trow you right back in the chatbox when hitting enter because you were to fast

that and extend the range for loading while on a boat, dang near have to beach your boat to load crates.

• Like 2

I agree we don't need the item selection it even makes working with them out of your cart a pain most of the time. 

The crate pop up for items is kinda annoying as hell when moving bulk items. Usualy its for bricks,dirt and other mats of the sort. So stopping to spam enter and drag every 2 seconds can be annoying. Please change this!

Hold down shift, then hold down enter (keep holding both). Then click drag.

I'd still prefer they reworked the system, but it's a temporary stopgap to make moving bulk items tolerable.

• Like 1

As the crate is mostly just a bsb with an item limit than a volume limit, the popup is necessary, as placing items in a crate or bsb effectively destroys them, it averages out ql and simply takes a note of that, rather than individual items.

The problem then is taking out the items it needs to create them, if it creates too many it cannot place them back in the crate, and would overload your inventory if you pulled say, 100 logs out.

tl;dr popup is part of bsb and crate mechanics, bind enter to "" and hold it down

• Like 1

bind enter " ", hold down enter, drag away ;)

• Like 1

If it is an inventory/strength consideration, then instantiate the popup one time with the typical quantity options, but one additional option of "all" then start a timer that moves items in groups of whatever I could naturally carry until the total count is exhausted or some other event (destination container full etc" occurs.

This would save the repetitive stress/mouse buttons but accomodate the original restrictions.

So in other words, a button that does it all for you? no thanks.

the options are there for a specific function and have game mechanic reasons, I don't see them changing.

All in all, aren't you just glad you can move things with crates?

Emptying 10 bsb's of dirt into crates with a max inventory carry weight of 8 dirts X 2 clicks each movement is great.  

I wasn't asking for something to "do it all".  I was trying to participate in a discussion to make it better as I don't think it is optimal right now.

Edited by Ikeprof

The idea is to have the same  restriction on the moving than before just without that dam pop up every single time. Sure you can shift enter but i dont see why the pop up could be disabled instead for a better way.

the options are there for a specific function and have game mechanic reasons, I don't see them changing.

All in all, aren't you just glad you can move things with crates?

I am and will always be thankful for crates.  They were much needs and a wonderful addition to Wurm and I seriously doubt anyone will dispute that statement.

That being said, just because they implement something good doesn't mean that it is unreasonable for us to want something great implemented.  We can't drag more than 100 coins into the bank at a time.  Why not use this as a limit to quick transfer to crates, or from crates to BSB's, or from crates or BSB;s to anything else for that matter?  Having to make 20-30 transfer actions to move dirt\ore\rock from a BSB to a crate is quite simple absurd and the type of needless repetitive action that will keep Wurm as a small boutique game.  I love Wurm because it is a skill-based game where you have to work to become good at something.  There are useful time sinks and pointless/frustrating time sinks and their current loading and unloading system between BSB's and Crates is a great example of the later.  It adds nothing good to the game.  Nothing at all.