Sign in to follow this  
deene

Drop: On Ground

Please remove the submenu or make it an option in the settings. The last thing we need is more steps to get our work done.

• Like 1

I hate this Drop > On Ground thing so bad I've been logging in less and less. And NO, keybinds don't work for this, you can only drop one highlighted item at a time. So you spend extra clicks to highlight, and if you wanted to drop 3 or more items at a time, think of how many clicks that is.

I'm getting used to the keybind, but still sometimes the menu comes in handy (and the submenu makes this annoying). Why do you keep putting stuff in the game that "nobody asked for" if you know what I mean?

I hope im correct here.

Go on the test server. Dig as much dirt as you can carry. Try to drop it. Be happy soon .

• Like 1

mmm, errr, a keybind for drop has always worked for me for years. Take 16 dirt from cart (with take keybind). Mouseover and hit drop keybind. Don't want o drop all 16? Open the stack and hit drop with mouse over top 1 and keep hitting keybind to drop as many as needed from that total pile. I fail to see any problem with dropping items in this old manner. Wherever the drop is now in submenu I don't know or care. No need to keep opening the menu for it with a drop keybind. A take keybind works very well also used in conjunction with this to get the wanted items to drop.

=Ayes=

Maybe some players don't like to use keybinds - or have trouble using them - or allready have so many keybinds they simply find it impossible to remember them all. Reasons enough to want a usable menu-choice next to a keybind for people who prefer to use the menu for certain things, imo at least. Why practically force those into using keybinds who for whatever reason don't want to or can't handle it?

Edited by Kianga
  • Like 1

Or fix the menu lag so options don't move around when trying to click them, which would remove the need for the submenu.

• Like 3

mmm, errr, a keybind for drop has always worked for me for years. Take 16 dirt from cart (with take keybind). Mouseover and hit drop keybind. Don't want o drop all 16? Open the stack and hit drop with mouse over top 1 and keep hitting keybind to drop as many as needed from that total pile. I fail to see any problem with dropping items in this old manner. Wherever the drop is now in submenu I don't know or care. No need to keep opening the menu for it with a drop keybind. A take keybind works very well also used in conjunction with this to get the wanted items to drop.

=Ayes=

Ok, now try that in my champ alligator pen with six meats.

Also, I already have enough keybinds to try to remember. I don't see why things that were fine as-is keep getting changed, while there are so many problems to fix.

• Like 1

Maybe some players don't like to use keybinds - or have trouble using them - or allready have so many keybinds they simply find it impossible to remember them all. Reasons enough to want a usable menu-choice next to a keybind for people who prefer to use the menu for certain things, imo at least. Why practically force those into using keybinds who for whatever reason don't want to or can't handle it?

Yes, you have valid points here. I wasn't suggesting that this menu option for dropping should be eliminated, changed, adjusted or anything else. I was just pointing out that I have found that using a keybind to drop (and take) items from piles or anywhere else has served me well for years and in my opinion is much faster and more versatile than using the drop menu for doing so.

Actually I think in settings this drop option can even be removed from coming up in the menu so as to not be bothered seeing it there when never used in this manner. Take as well. Examine too. There are a few like that that I have made keybinds for and removed from even coming up in the menu. This then is an alternative, not something that I think everyone should follow if they don't want to.

=Ayes=

I dropped many things by accident before it changed to drop on ground so im cool with that, no need to change it .. toggable thing i vote, not removing it :)

PS.. i use old GUI so i like menus a lot :)

Edited by Redi73

>F1

>bind >WHATEVERYOUWANT< drop

Problem solved

I hope im correct here.

Go on the test server. Dig as much dirt as you can carry. Try to drop it. Be happy soon .

What is it, Drop ->In pile? Damn.. now I have to try when I get back from work...