Sign in to follow this  
deene

Drop: On Ground

What is the logic to adding one more submenu and extra click to this? The original interface seemed fine and I hate having to do one more click just to drop an item

• Like 20

Some of them are fine but really we don't need drop to be one if them please revert it back. 

make it toggable,

i do not like this update.

C'mon you never know when you might want to drop->on ceiling or drop->on table or drop->in the horse manure pile.

It's useful for meditating - after you select your rug and drop->on ground you can meditate upon all the other things you could have dropped->upon.

• Like 1

I hadn't much problems with drop earlier, this should be togglable

What is t he point of you people making more threads about this? Their is like 10 threads going about this currently...

Just remove drop option completely. Make everyone bind it. :D

Kidding! Don't burn me at the stake! Mmmm Steak... /focus

Drop/Pour was a major pain when attempting to drink when the menu lag hits. Drink would always be replaced with Drop/Pour.

I'm guessing this was an attempt to alleviate that issue.

Perhaps there is a better way to resolve it? Maybe change where the Drop/Pour shows up in the menu?

Everyone wins...?

Can we only have this option with sand and dirt etc? So that we can then have the option to drop on ground or drop in pile. This would make the game genuinely better!

• Like 6

Can we only have this option with sand and dirt etc? So that we can then have the option to drop on ground or drop in pile. This would make the game genuinely better!

Oooo, me likey!

• Like 1

Create > Kindling > kindling     <---- another annoying extra click

• Like 1

The new deeper menues are annoying overall. Bind to a key, yes but drop is a bit dangerous to bind to a key. Maybe if we could bind ALT-D or something like that. Drop->In Pile would be great but I still want a top level menu item for drop.

This 2 phase Drop is so annoying. I can't even count how many times already I had in inventory object, what I expected to be dropped long time ago. I know, I can bind drop. But I already crying /guards! often, while chatting. Dropping random things in such manner could be really funny. :/

Hiding pour to submenu was fine. It solved problem with pour water instead of drinking it. Pour is used only in production of colours and gulash, what is not too common actions. But Drop is used much more often, that "improvement" brought more problems than positive results.

What will be next? Submenu on take or trade? What about submenu on Sell, because I once sold to token my favorite butchering knife?

Just make drop like other modern MMO's i.e. drag the item from your inventory window to the main game window ---> dialogue box appears asking if you want to drop the item ... OR in options toggle it so you can always allow drag and drops .. 

Edited by romp
  • Like 3

What is the logic to adding one more submenu and extra click to this? The original interface seemed fine and I hate having to do one more click just to drop an item

Edited by Lightonfoot

So is this going to change or not?  Drop "on ground" submenu please remove it.

Seems that if they are doing a keybind menu that they can fix an option for this in there while they are redoing the client/launcher.  

console

Bind "KEY OF CHOICE" Drop

No more submenu required