Sign in to follow this  
Fairyshine

Floating guards and using karma for a 3 minute guard

Just a suggestion for the sea serpents and perhaps for other issues when you are confronted with multiple mobs far from towers:

1. Can we have floating guard stations, so for example, we can build a special oil rig type raft with a tower and guard station which we can anchor/drop in the ocean?  This may help us get rid of the pesky sea serpents around

2. If we are far from everything, can we use say 200 karma to spawn a tower guard equivalent for 3 minutes, and say 500 karma to spawn a heavy spirit guard equivalent for 3 minutes?  These will help us out for 3 minutes so we can get away or kill the mob.

3. Perhaps we can allow horses to enter water with riders on them, as they seem to be able to swim quite nicely by themselves.  This way we can go fight sea monsters without being so reliant upon wind when we are on ships.

Please note:  I have no idea how these may impact PVP, just a suggestion for PVE. If it will very adversely affect PVP perhaps if this ever comes into the game should just be for PVE as such.

Edited by Fairyshine
  • Like 1

the coding is the same for both freedom and epic you cant separate it so -1. if devs would actually take the time to separate it then thats fine but i know they wont

coding and pve/pvp aside, I don't agree with these ideas bar the summoning a spirit guard, floating guard towers and riding horses in water is just a bit silly imo, sea serpents arent THAT big an issue

I'd only agree to the summoning guard thing if there was certain rule in place, and you couldn't exactly control them only call "guards!" on them instead.

tower guard leveled only, maybe slightly beefed up, very tanky too.

coding and pve/pvp aside, I don't agree with these ideas bar the summoning a spirit guard, floating guard towers and riding horses in water is just a bit silly imo, sea serpents arent THAT big an issue

When I go looking for wild horses, I have a better chance of finding them out in the ocean. If they migrate there on their own, why not? :-P

EDIT: And sea serpents are a big deal if you can't kill them, can't outrun them, they never stop chasing you, and you are the mercy of the wind. If you will go 5 kmh toward shore and 15kmh not toward shore, when the thing stops to try to hit you, it can't hit you at 15 kmh because you can pull out of strike range. When you are going 5 kmh, it most certainly can. When you finally can land, the things camp your boat. If you can't kill one, you are now off your boat on land with a camped monster you can't kill. Then curse the bad luck that you get two of them and Fo forbid three. Guards can't kill them but they can take the aggro for you to get away.

PS: I know where Fairy came up with riding horses at sea and I think you all miss the sarcasm in her post because you may not have seen another post. I made a post about being hounded by two sea serpents and people commented you can go faster on a horse. 

Edited by Audrel
  • Like 1

Buy a black tome for 1 gold and then you'll have the ability to summon stuff with Karma.

-1 to all suggestions, if you want a tower in the water, make a dirtspike and put a tower on it. Summoning is silly and kind of already in place. Horses swimming with riders... just lol.. so abusable.

• Like 1

Buy a black tome for 1 gold and then you'll have the ability to summon stuff with Karma.

-1 to all suggestions, if you want a tower in the water, make a dirtspike and put a tower on it. Summoning is silly and kind of already in place. Horses swimming with riders... just lol.. so abusable.

On Freedom? I thought we could only light lamps, teleport home, and summon our corpse.

On Freedom? I thought we could only light lamps, teleport home, and summon our corpse.

Uniques drop the items that give sorc spells now. They are quite pricy though to buy.

Edited by Sevenless
  • Like 2

If you really want guard option so to speak, you can get a black tome - but expect to pay over 150 silver/euro

If you really want guard option so to speak, you can get a black tome - but expect to pay over 150 silver/euro

How about a simple aggro leash so that if a mob is following you and has not successfully hit you in say 100 tiles of travel, it gives up? And going out on the limb where I will be accused of basing PvP but they slowed down guards so they couldn't catch horses on PvP servers. Why can't they slow down things so they can't catch horses and ships also. But oh yeah... the wind. You don't have to deal with that on a horse do you? You don't have to deal with "there are only two ways to go with one being to hell and the other whatever way the wind takes you" to deal with. You can also back a horse/cart/wagon up. If you hit shallow water and beach in your boat while trying to see how far behind you the sea serpent is now, you are done for. You will fight and win or you will most likely die. Or, you can always swim off and write your boat and the stuff in it off as a travel loss due to environmental hazards but I do think you will drown shortly after having your legs bitten off before you get to shore. 

About 150s for a tome? I think I pay Rolf and Company enough money in Wurm Online. I pay for two premiums and two deeds. I pay for templars. I buy silver to get imps on gear and tools. I spend enough here every month to play 4 other games. This has little to do with guards by the way. It has to do with buying more crap for more Euros because you can make money off of that vs you can put into an already excessively expensive game as a feature.

One last thought before I quit kicking a game I enjoy (most of the time) in the teeth... how about I can see and a kill a spider or bear on Xanadu and not see 3 sea serpents I can't? I have had a single spawn in my local in a month and that was a troll I dominated for kicks and giggles. Thank Fo for catfish though and the fact you don't need a 100 Euro tome to learn how to catch them.

What about landing your boat, and using archery?  That serpent has to have a ton of meat in it.

What about landing your boat, and using archery?  That serpent has to have a ton of meat in it.

Actually no. Time spent in battle to meat ratio, you would do better killing wild bulls - about 2 of them.