Sign in to follow this  
Fairyshine

Selling to token - trade screen idea

Just an idea for selling to token:

Instead of doing three clicks per item (click on item, right click token, click sell) why not have two options:  When selling to token, instead of starting by selecting the item you want to sell (which can lead to you selling your prized butchering knife instead of the corpse...as you did not fully select the corpse and just clicked "sell"), have a select box for "sell single" or "sell bulk".  If you select bulk, a window pops up similar to the current trade window.  You can then click and drag the items you want to sell into this window and select "sell".  

Here is how you make your mouse clicks less by this option, by example selling five corpses:

You have to select corpse, right click token, select sell, five times.  15 mouseclicks.

With the trade option you would do:

Right click token, select sell bulk, then click and drag five corpses, click sell.  This is only 8 mouseclicks.  

I think the best solution is just right click on token/trader then choose sell and a window should pop up where you can drag the stuff you want to sell.

The old way (select>sell) should remains in game fro people that like doing same as is working now.

• Like 1

Pretty sure that the reason selling was set up the way it is was to make it difficult/annoying enough to stop veteren players from simply automatically sucking the pool dry spending a couple of seconds to cap out.

If it was just select items sell, there is pretty much no reason to not grab some crops and sell them for free money. (and the pool would always be empty)

I think the best solution is just right click on token/trader then choose sell and a window should pop up where you can drag the stuff you want to sell.

The old way (select>sell) should remains in game fro people that like doing same as is working now.

There's a reason why you sell stuff individually, and why there's a timer on it.

If you don't want to click, use the keybind.

Toolbelt + container + items.

Bind sell to a key

Put container on toolbelt

Fill container with items you want to sell

Hover over token

*Press the button to activate that slot on your toolbelt

Press sell bind

Wait

Go to *

And yes, it is supposed to be painful

• Like 1

Toolbelt + container + items.

Bind sell to a key

Put container on toolbelt

Fill container with items you want to sell

Hover over token

*Press the button to activate that slot on your toolbelt

Press sell bind

Wait

Go to *

And yes, it is supposed to be painful

This certainly works and i've been using it, but I don't believe noobs know much about that...

The trade/sell window sounds like a great idea. (Not so much to reduce clicks but more to make the game less frustrating for new players. Although it serves both just fine.)

I'm fairly certain the sell function was intended to "share the wealth" with noobs/non-prems. Seems like a setup for them to accidentally sell something and ragequit to me. :D

I know several who have accidentally sold a tool or two... or three. :)

Meanwhile you can use keybinds for Activate and Sell to speed up the process. Works for me :)