Sign in to follow this  
Leroy

econ tweeks xanadu

so, xanadu economy has been changed. ...

how?

still not able to sell to token, or merchants and traders still penniless, so what was changed? is this a change like you changed the color of the rings a trader was wearing type of 'change' ?

Still a failed deal... noobs will drain them and leave the ratio's out of whack, won't ever have money on them... so in this change what's really changed?

I beleive they are getting ready to dump the ratios and more traders is a way to make sure all the public traders don't get maxed every month

The ratio from King's coffers wont do much. A few ppl will drain more money.

There has to be a transaction daily cap

PS. it's not the noobs trading crude tools that deplete it ;)

Edited by KalinMenajin
  • Like 2

Still a failed deal... noobs will drain them and leave the ratio's out of whack, won't ever have money on them... so in this change what's really changed?

• Like 2

So, on Xanadu you don't buy into the system by purchasing a trader, you make a bot account and drain public ones?

This sounds alot more broken than the original traders ever was..

Why not lower the price of silver in the Wurm shop considerably and get rid of traders!?!

• Like 6

I am liking the lack of traders as I've always seen them as rather broken, but currency is so absurdly tight in Wurm because of the fact its also used for deeds and premium time. No traders doesn't help making currency more fluid though. Unless its going to be completely overhauled it seems like making it cheaper might be the best option?

Because its a cash grab.

No traders, most people selling up and going to xanadu, what's going to be the main source of silver? The shop. People who don't have hoards of silver stashed away will buy silver or trade with people who have silver. Either way, most silver that's on xanadu right now I'd gander has been bought and not from a trader on another server. So, honestly, really, xanadu was just a massive cash grab. I mean, if rolf eventually gets rid of player traders completely but keeps the same silver price, you can be certain its a cash grab.

Edited by Reisyn
  • Like 1

Its not that difficult to fix the ratio for the traders at the starter towns. I been keeping Vrock's good. Taxation is 0% at Vrock. No idea about other starter deeds. What this means is you can buy a player made item in one transaction (trader only cares about actual coins received). Then, in another transaction drain that money back into your pocket.  This will result in a ratio of at least 1.00.  Now in order to get money the trader needs a ratio of 0.10.  If you bought 2s in player made goods (gave the trader 2s coins) then that trader can now POTENTIALLY distribute up to 20s before its ratio is broken.

I'm not a fan of the ratio system. Its an unnecessary complication that adds nothing.

I have no idea what Wurm is trying to achieve with distribution money. This makes it nearly impossible to make good suggestions. 

Ok. I'm really bored to type stuff so I'll say it once and keep it short...

1."King's Coffer" should be related to the deeds in the Kingdom       (since it's supposed to be tax money anyway)

Example: Kingdom has 450 deeds of a total upkeep 8.540s -This is the King's Coffer. A percentage of that is going back to the traders to facilitate trade of goods.

2.The Ratio should be linked to deed size     (since the more upkeep you pay, you should be more facilitated)

Needs no explanation, a 5x5 deed should not get what a 30x45 with 20 tiles perimeter deed does

3.Deedless characters should limit to junk sales

Why would a deedless char (even an alt) be able to drain? Major fault there. Dummies with only meditation trained keep ruining the system

4.Deeds that have a decent setup (size, mailbox, villagers, guards, crafting bonuses..) should have higher ratio than "dummy" deeds that just host a trader

If a "base" ratio is something like 0,3% it should go up depending on conditions like I mentioned. Actually Deed Bonuses should be used more and better -it needs a tweak.

5.A deed that spends money on trader items (farwalker, potions, orbs..whatever), should recover part of its used ratio

The trader is supposed to have a function. If his trading goals were met, he should reward the deed that hosts him

The problem with the current system is that its being abused. We all know how and we all know why. It's healthy to let players involve enough in the economy to ultimately pay with trade money their upkeeps. But it should reach tops 99% of their upkeep (so that Wurm remains funded), while often enough they do more than that while others can't sell anything.

Disclaimer edit: Numbers mentioned are fictional and serve only as examples.

Edited by KalinMenajin
  • Like 2

The current system they have on Xanadu is about as fair as they could make it and doesn't involve any Traders.

Let it work for a few weeks and let them see if selling to token gives to little or to big a gain.

But it means I have to create alts near starter towns to drain the traders. What fun is that, really? Most people live on the coasts, meaning it will be mostly alts doing the draining.. 

But it means I have to create alts near starter towns to drain the traders. What fun is that, really? Most people live on the coasts, meaning it will be mostly alts doing the draining.. 

Eh? Selling to token is active and has been for a few days that's where the majority of the money will be going to.

Oh, ok didn't realize that. I tried it some week ago without success. 

There is a lot more traders now

still same old traders that I've seen when xanadu went live.