Sign in to follow this  
Kegan

Trader Earnings

Are the ones that are paying well used more for buying things? Rolf was talking about making them based on unique premium trades so just wondering if he put that in place or something on the old servers. 

The one I have that's paying out nicely is not used for anything but milking. That's what's bizarre they all get primed and milked the same way. 

This thread makes me unreasonably happy. It's lovely to see the WurmFoodStamps program decreasing in profit, hopefully less "earnings" will encourage people to engage in actual trade rather than sucking an NPC for their prem/deed costs.

• Like 7

This thread makes me unreasonably happy. It's lovely to see the WurmFoodStamps program decreasing in profit, hopefully less "earnings" will encourage people to engage in actual trade rather than sucking an NPC for their prem/deed costs.

I have made the transition over to buying and selling and am making more doing that but my deeds are at size that i don't mind paying once a year from the shop like i do with my premium already.

The traders are still making money if you are using the 1s deed method and will continue too but i can see where the larger deeds might be struggling.

Are the ones that are paying well used more for buying things? Rolf was talking about making them based on unique premium trades so just wondering if he put that in place or something on the old servers. 

I have noticed many Trader deeds being sold on other servers. The trend seems unusual to me, since even if players were selling these deeds because of moving over to Xanadu they could still keep these deeds at minimal size and export the profits over onto Xanadu to use for other purposes as usual.

This thread of reduced payouts may point in the direction of an undercurrent of concern that it is best to sell Trader deeds now while a demand remains for them before further changes are introduced into reducing their payouts in unannounced ways. Even at the reduced rate of 35 silver per Trader deed sold, the Trader has long since been paid for by these sellers with much additional silver made already, so that 35 silver cash out would seem quite acceptable.

Anyway, I agree with your quote on being pleased with any changes that will reduce Trader payouts in the future. Xanadu has been shown to be extremely popular for new deeds being placed without any ability to place Traders upon it at all. Hopefully they will never taint the lands by being placed within the players hands for placement there.

=Ayes=

• Like 3

Seriously, are people paying 35s for a trader deed today?!

I have noticed a big drop in earnings this month, but I have only 3 traders and the profit can be very different on different traders so it might be just really bad luck. 

I agree that it's good to not have traders on Xanadu, but the current system on Xanadu seems even worse. Having public traders that are drained by bots, how can that be better?

I agree that it's good to not have traders on Xanadu, but the current system on Xanadu seems even worse. Having public traders that are drained by bots, how can that be better?

What are you talking about drained by bots? 

edit: On Xanadu they should not be getting paid anything to drain so any money it ever has would be from players buying items and leaving the money they keep. If not then it should be for sure. 

Edited by Kegan

What are you talking about drained by bots? 

edit: On Xanadu they should not be getting paid anything to drain so any money it ever has would be from players buying items and leaving the money they keep. If not then it should be for sure. 

First, You don't know, nor does another player for that matter, how things "should" work on Xanadu. Developers have only hinted at possible ways to change traders there. Anyone how has told you how traders are going to work on Xanadu is simply spreading rumors.

second. I have drain 7 or so silver from Xanadu starter deed traders. 2 of that silver was from the first 2s placed on freshly placed traders. And I took that close to when Xanadu launch. Recently traders HAVE started to get money and I took 5s just yesterday. It was about 2s from one and 3s from another. Those monies originated from just a day or so!

lastly, "bot" as in robot or a reference to people who make macro programs that automate draining the trader.

I guess what i meant to say is  I  think they should not be allowed to receive any coins from the king.  If we are doing away with trader draining on Xanadu then in my opinion it should also extend to the starting traders. Also if there are any bots at any starting town draining the traders then that needs to be dealt with. 

Has anyone else seen these bots? If so what town are they in? I checked two towns and did not see anything. 

Edited by Kegan

If we are doing away with trader draining on Xanadu .... 

Has anyone else seen these bots? If so what town are they in? I checked two towns and did not see anything. 

From the Developer news comments it seems they are NOT doing away with Trader draining. They are trying to change how the money is distributed.

I neither understand Wurm's intention or have the economic fundamental knowledge to honestly say what should be done. My only goal in all this is to share the information I discover.

Dealing with bots isn't as easy as you think. Wurm errors on the side of needing significant supporting evidence, Thankfully.  Its simply not as easy as, "Hey, that guy is always standing next to the trader and never responds to me, must be a bot, BAN."

First, You don't know, nor does another player for that matter, how things "should" work on Xanadu. Developers have only hinted at possible ways to change traders there. Anyone how has told you how traders are going to work on Xanadu is simply spreading rumors.

second. I have drain 7 or so silver from Xanadu starter deed traders. 2 of that silver was from the first 2s placed on freshly placed traders. And I took that close to when Xanadu launch. Recently traders HAVE started to get money and I took 5s just yesterday. It was about 2s from one and 3s from another. Those monies originated from just a day or so!

lastly, "bot" as in robot or a reference to people who make macro programs that automate draining the trader.

I don't see how changing the distribution would help... remove traders and cut deed upkeep in half.

They should base the traders on deed size , so the king never give out more then the monthly upkeep of a deed though king funds

To make up for lost earnings, they should allow the player to set what the trader can buy or sell including QL limits

• Like 2

Oh yeah! This is a MUCH better system, eh? :rolleyes:

I don't support the trader system. I think it would be better if it was removed. Replace it with: 1. upkeep token given to all premium character which can be used to put ~1s into upkeep. 2. give people a discount on a second priest account and the discount should be better per a month then the 12 months euro option.

BUT!  if someone is going to hand out free money, I'm going to take as much of it as I possible can.

They should base the traders on deed size , so the king never give out more then the monthly upkeep of a deed though king funds

To make up for lost earnings, they should allow the player to set what the trader can buy or sell including QL limits

Deed upkeep only accounts for a fraction of the redistribution pool size. I'm betting its the largest followed by silver for premium. Using deed size would result in exaggerated amounts being given to big deeds. The allocation factor should explain what its allocating. It would explain the deed upkeep share but has nothing to do with the other shares (merchant taxation, trader trinkets, silver for premium, mail fees, others if I forgot some).

I'm sure we could come up with some complicated scheme of redistributing fair shares for all but I can help but think it would be far simpler to just reduce the cost of things and not redistributing anything.

remove traders and cut deed upkeep in half.

I don't support the trader system. I think it would be better if it was removed.

>>>>>BUT!  if someone is going to hand out free money, I'm going to take as much of it as I possible can.<<<<<

From some comments here it seems that Trader draining has been reinstated on Xanadu. The major difference being that players can not purchase and place their own Traders, which is a positive step to reduce payouts from the game profits.

Also great if their payout ratios are "messed up" by this public system of them being only available at the starter Villages. This just means that they will be paying out less because of this.

Still, my preference would be that even these public Traders would not purchase any items from players. Just keep the Merchant and Token options available on their more limited payout basis. Enterprising players still will have various options to earn more silver within the game through the crafting sales process.

Reducing deed upkeep costs could possibly be a compensation for Trader draining removal on a complete basis, as this would reduce costs for all players across the board on an equal basis who place and maintain their own deeds.

=Ayes=

Well last month i got about 8s and this month 4s on Deliverance something is making it decline for sure. I am not sure any new ones would even be worth the investment now. 

Edited by Kegan

Well last month i got about 8s and this month 4s on Deliverance something is making it decline for sure. I am not sure any new ones would even be worth the investment now. 

Yeah, that would be almost a year to break even at the new rate.

I guess there are too many traders on the old servers compared to how many people play there now, with most people on Xanadu.

Once people start letting their deeds slip, I guess we might start to see an increase in their revenue once more. (Or Rolf might slowly be nerfing them)

Time for Rolf to clear up what is happening, or going to happen, with the traders on the old servers.

There is NO excuse to leave people hanging like this. 

• Like 4