Sign in to follow this  
Thorakkanath

Unique Identification of livestock (cows/bulls and bisons)

+1

but also would like to see names on offspring from unicorns as well please

• Like 1

+1

maybe allowing branding irons to have text, like gravestones do. "[settlement](tag lenght depending on quality)"

• Like 1

Repeatedly in the forums there have been suggestions for some sort of 'other than horse' critter identification.  There have been suggestions raging from an automatic random naming like horses have to the idea of equipping them with an item, like a collar or ear tag.  I think this really should be easy to do and is a desired thing to have!   Please let me identify my critters for breeding.   :D

+1!  (or +1,000,000 if that would count)   :P

• Like 1

Always up for dog tag type requests whenever they come up.

+1 +1,000,000,000,000 if I could I am up for ANY idea that helps track something besides just horses. You can breed them, they suffer from the inbreeding penalty, but there is really no good way to track them. Either remove the inbreeding penalty or give us some way to track them. Simple, needed, highly desired!!

• Like 2

Old suggestion, has no real point to why it isn't in place.

+1 as always

+1

Or I also agree with letting them come out with automated names. Something to me is fun getting a new baby and seeing what name it came out with.

+1 it should be possible like Horses - Since I breed Bisons I have this trouble to keep them apart.

It's not that hard to copy and paste code from horses to other animals, then give each type their own name list to choose from.  I say go for it. Cause they should have some kind of identification too.

Edited by Saxxone

Oh I can't wait to see the names for bison and cows.

Old fat Beefychunk

Young fat Tinychurch

Chunkchunk

+1

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFHlJ2voJHY

+1

Edited by Serpentarius

+1, yet again.  This has to be one of the most-requested features, devs, so how about expending some time on this instead of whales or whatever new meat source we're getting this week?

+1

Or I also agree with letting them come out with automated names. Something to me is fun getting a new baby and seeing what name it came out with.

One of my recent foals was blessed with "Potmountain"

?

LOL

• Like 1

+1

I wanted to actually be able to name my animals even if its something that only i can see, a name which appears only for me would already be useful and valid. 

Who in this world does not name the animals they care for.  I want to name my chickens, i want to name my pigs, hug, kiss and sometimes kill, but at least give an identity for them  :D

I'm not a slaughterhouse to kill without first giving a name  :P

+1 

I"m guessing that names haven't been added because Wurm wants to do that when it readdress breeding for a specific species. The problem with this approach is they aren't going to find time for at least the next year. I don't see why they could not copy horse naming code and change up the name index a little instead.

This reminds me of storing fish in FSB. Its the same issue. A key feature the player desperately want is being held back because a dev wants to include it as part of some major overhaul of a Wurm tech system (breeding, cooking, etc...). Further, Wurm refuses to add these small key feature until the big grand system overhaul is completed.