Sign in to follow this  
Glomby

Wurm Agent for Android devices

ok so before i confuse myself, are the days shown in the season part ingame days? or RL days?

Looks like a handy little app for a Player of Wurm, can't wait until it gets installed and i can play with it

Edited by Bludragon

Real life days. I thought about using only ingame days, but I believe it's way too confusing. Also, please note, I believe harvesting seasons starts are accurate, but their duration need some testing, so they might show longer than they really are until I readjust them.

Yes, it will whenever I release I new version like other apps :)

An update was just sent to Google Play to fix some issues:

v1.0.2

· On seasons tab, message was not displayed when the next season was in less than 24 hours.

· Oleander harvesting time seems to be earlier and has been changed.

An update should pop in your devices in a few hours.

Edit: Forgot about Olive trees having 2 seasons per year and broke it. Will fix it soon. Also, season times from wiki seem to be completely wrong. Will try to make them more accurate.

Edit2: Update sent to Google Play with the promised fix for Olive seasons.

v1.0.3

· On seasons tab, Olive seasons now are correctly shown (with the data I have available, which is not entirely accurate until I check on my own)

Edited by Glomby

First big update just sent to Google Play. Please, check your config as I see some of you still run older versions. You can update automatically if you select that option or manually through Google Play.

V1.1.0

· Seasons data updated (Thanks Tich for the heads up!)

· Seasons code rewritten from scratch

· Implemented notifications for seasons

· Some boring updates

I've tested it and I believe there are no big bugs. The seasons code had to be rewritten because seasons are random. It's a shame I can't give you an exact time for seasons to start, but I've tried to do my best. I've divided each season in 4 stages (5 counting the "not in season" stage). There will be a first stage in which there's a small chance for the season to have started. The next two stages are the "core season" (credit to Yaga for that name XD), first half of it have a chance of still not being active due to starting late. Second half of the core season is where the chance to be activated is higher, but also there's a chance the earlier seasons might have ended. The fouth stage is for the really late seasons, when might be possible to harvest something. I know it's not perfect, but for now I can't think of any better idea.

Also, when you launch the app, a lightweight background service starts with it. This service spends most of the time sleeping, but every few minutes it performs a query to check if any new season has reached "stage 1", and sends you a notification about it. Also, as the service is now run along with the app itself, there's now no need to do a "manual refresh" to check if the servers are down. It will check it on its own and send you a notification when your selected server is online again after a restart.

Some statistics too: Right now, Wurm Agent has been installed in 61 devices. 58 of them still have it installed. It's really amazing. Thanks everybody!

Thanks everyone for your feedback. But I want to thank especially Tich, for the information about seasons; Yaga, for being always as helpful and giving very nice ideas; Thor, for taking time to send me an e-mail with feedback and all the people who commented and reviewed my app.

Remember there's a donate button in the first post if you believe I've made a good work. Although I know it's a very simple app and probably it's usage is quite limited. I must admit the kind words are enough for me.

EDIT: Bug "False season will start soon". I'm still laughing at this one. I can't believe something like this could happen xD. Anyway, hotfix sent.

Edited by Glomby
  • Like 2

There was already a suggestion to add twitter information and I'm slowly working on it (mostly thinking about it). I have work on another project, but I'm sure one of these days I will be able to start working on this! ;)

Hmm should give this a try on my Kindle Fire HDX

It's working for me... strange... maybe Google Play was down for a while? Anyway, I hope you enjoy it! :)

Big update on development!

I know we have a new server, I'm still deciding if I should release a hotfix to show it or it's better to wait a little bit more and release the big update I have in mind... I'm really busy right  now and my spare time is reduced to zero, but I hope in a week I can start working hard on it.

I'll keep you informed! :)

• Like 3

Woohoo! The only two apps I've seen for Wurm are very limited. Thanks for taking the time to create this def downloading it now.

Now if someone could make it possible to play on phone.. omg, I think I'd get fired for never getting off my phone.

Its pretty hard to play wurm with Teamviewer, but it is possible to chat.  The issue I have not figured out is how to move the character.

msYi1YR.png

Its pretty hard to play wurm with Teamviewer, but it is possible to chat.  The issue I have not figured out is how to move the character.

msYi1YR.png

Yeah, I tried with teamviewer a few times. But it lags so horribly, as well as it's nigh impossible to move the character around, basically it works for chatting and /maybe/ farming/mining/digging.

Looks Awesome!  Great job :)  When, if ever, it works on iPhone I would love to get it

Yeah, I tried with teamviewer a few times. But it lags so horribly, as well as it's nigh impossible to move the character around, basically it works for chatting and /maybe/ farming/mining/digging.

i had a little luck with another remote viewer program a few years ago playing EVE:Online, i think it was called VNC Viewer.

was able to warp around or fly to objects easily , but double clicking space to fly around was pretty hard to do becuase of the delay.

Merry Christmas!

Wurm Agent 1.2.0 has been released. In a few hours from now, Google will update Google Play with the new version. Also, I've updated the first post. In the meantime, you can find some screenshots and the list of changes in the first post.

Thanks everyone for your support!

• Like 1

Thanks, Glomby. Just downloaded the new version and it seems to work fine. Good job! I like the twitter interface!

(Tested on Android 4.2 tablet. Will try Android 4.4 smartphone later.)

Just installed on my TAB3,

Only issue is that the column that has the trees in it needs to be a little wider.

I've seen some people (2) had a few errors (1 each) the last days. Trying to switch to harvesting seasons while Wurm Agent is updating its info for the first time can make the app to stop working. My advice would be to always wait until Wurm Agent has recovered updated info from the servers. However, I'll note this for the next version and I'll try to put more checks to avoid NullPointerExceptions.

Edited by Glomby

Fixed an issue that has caused me a lot of headaches... and in fact it was the most stupid thing ever. This should have been solved weeks ago... but I haven't had enough time to work on this.

Anyway, updates are on the way. Thanks!

this is the one app i actually want to use! Thanks yet just out of curiosity are you going to add the new fruit types and nuts into the seasons tab?

Given this thread hasn't been updated since 2015, it's likely the app has been abandoned.