Sign in to follow this  
loriannightfire

Weird Graphics Issue

I had been avoiding updating from Windows 8 to 8.1 because others were having issues. Windows forced me into it by hijacking my sound and updating was the only option I could find. Since then I have been having weird graphics issues with terrain in worm. As I approach a tile it looks like another terrain, like if it is cobblestone, it looks like grass or clay until I get right on the tile, so as I am running, textures are constantly changing, which is annoying and distracting, and sometimes dangerous because it makes my surroundings unfamiliar. This only happens with terrain, including mountains. I am including a snapshot so you can see what I see.

I have a good graphics card and was easily able to run 3-4 characters at a time with not even the slightest bit of lag before Windows 8.1. My drivers are up to date and I have the latest Java. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have also had occasional Java crashes. 

1zcivdv.jpg

This should be 3 tiles wide of cobblestone as far as the eye can see yet it is grass and slab. It turns to cobblestone as I approach it.

I seen this option happen for some that have either glsl or vbo disabled. I am not sure if this could be it, or which of the two it would be, but do you indeed have them disabled? If so, might try enabling them and see if it works.

If not, I hope someone else has any ideas or a fix!

Good luck

• Like 1

I had this issue until I adjusted a setting in my comparability tab. It was a check box iirc. I will check for you later today.

I had this problem with the GLSL shaders off when I was using my intel graphics card on the laptop. I had to force my computer to run off the nvidia card and turned back on the shaders for it to go back to normal.

I seen this option happen for some that have either glsl or vbo disabled. I am not sure if this could be it, or which of the two it would be, but do you indeed have them disabled? If so, might try enabling them and see if it works.

Good luck

It worked, I had both disabled, so enabled both now Wurm is beautiful again! Thank you!

• Like 2

Good luck

Yeah I have this issue on my new Windows 8.1 laptop as I had to disable GLSL compatibility or the character models would distort nightmarishly.

Now at least everything looks normal except for the ground tiles...

Yeah I have this issue on my new Windows 8.1 laptop as I had to disable GLSL compatibility or the character models would distort nightmarishly.

Now at least everything looks normal except for the ground tiles...

Windows 8.1 on desktop, Intel HD onboard graphics, same deal. Had to disable GLSL compatitbility, in order to have normal character/animal models. Now ground tiles change with movement. Cobblestoned areas will change appearance into a nearby tile appearance, such as grass or a farmed plot. Any suggestions? (Besides get a graphics card... :rolleyes: )

Also, is there posted information about each option in the settings menu and what it does? (I've looked and have not found one, perhaps I'm missing it?) If not, explainations should be created or at the very least a map of the settings menu with explainations posted in the forums, especially for people that aren't tech savvy. It might help people in properly troubleshooting an issue and equal less posts on the forums about the same kinds of issues. Just a suggestion. ;)

You can 'mouse over'  various individual settings which will give an explanation and recommended setting. :D

Any update with a fix?

I turned off GLSL as character models were distorting horribly.

I checked many threads with this issue but couldnt find a fix....

I had this problem with the GLSL shaders off when I was using my intel graphics card on the laptop. I had to force my computer to run off the nvidia card and turned back on the shaders for it to go back to normal

How do you do that

How do you do that

To fix this, close down wurm and rightclick your desktop and go to Nvidia control panel. In there, go to "manage 3d settings"  and change the preferred graphics processor to "High performance Nvidia"  as I show in the example picture:

kgPPseG.png

then, turn glsl back on and start wurm again.

Edited by Viti