Sign in to follow this  
Tiu

Black Legion Graphics

Inspired by Puertorro's thread regarding his wife's hard work on their own wagon, which you can find here. I've decided to finally post our own graphics on the Wurm Forums for those who may not have seen them. (The earliest forms of our shield were in development long before our founding, I'm glad I got the opportunity to get them put into game)

As you can extract the most of the images from Wurm's own .jar archives (please do not modify your .jar files, it is in violation of the EULA and will probably earn you a ban) I'll refrain from plastering my name on them, however as our main media logo has not been submitted to the Wurm Online team in it's current form, I retain any rights to such image and have no problem pursuing action to prevent that image being used in a way I deem unfit.

As a side note, the Black Legion tartan used in any of our images was created and registered with the Scottish Government by myself and we retain all rights to the reproduction and weaving of said tartan.

I'm probably not the best person to ask with any assistance with design at this time due to real life commitments, but feel free to drop me a line and ask if the fancy takes you, if it's interesting enough I might be tempted enough to say yes. ;)

Black Legion Shield

BL_Shield_For_Media_Sample.png

Black Legion Banner

bl_banner.png

Black Legion Flag

bl_flag.png

Black Legion Wagon

wagon_cloth_bl.png

Black Legion Tabard (Torso and Low - Back to Front)

tabard_bl_torso.png

tabard_bl_low.png

Edited by Tiu
  • Like 8

I saw the tabard, and was like "I'd buy that if it was a tanktop."

Also, everything i see is like ...

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHuebHTD-lY

and some purple.

• Like 4

It is positioned rather inapropriately!

I saw the tabard, and was like "I'd buy that if it was a tanktop."

Also, everything i see is like ...

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHuebHTD-lY

and some purple.

Lol, never looked at it as a tanktop before. New BL Anthem!

The hand is just off centre, so really, it's reaching for the heart of the follower of Libila... yeah, that's it.  Or zombies just like boobies.

• Like 5

... I know exactly what its grabbing if you know what I mean

^_^ ...

... :D They are grabbing the air because they are zombies of the legion...

:D?

• Like 1

... I know exactly what its grabbing if you know what I mean

^_^ ...

... :D They are grabbing the air because they are zombies of the legion...

:D?

This.

They're zombified hands - the undead are notoriously derpy.

Have you seen the zombies in Wurm though? Pretty derpy guys I'll say.

I am a huge fan of the simple, yet powerful style. The tartan like plaid is also a very cool, yet subtle addition. Sadly it does not show up all that great ingame. I think it is the coolest of the banners, but of course, I do not have an entirely objective opinion. 

Edited by GorgonKain

honestly

could do with some more gang signs

r u even tryin tiu like wtf mate, this isnt some PBS bull######

excellent stuff mate

Edited by Propheteer
  • Like 3

I like everything but I feel the wagon is like missing something.  Maybe if you add purple and gold like it is on your emblem it will make it look more powerful.  Thats just my opinion im not an artist so it doesn't hold much weight.

Agree, little more purple and gold would make it awesome =O

But if you want it to remain very blackish, then it's already perfect.

purple and gold?  we're not royalty, we're the undead!

Well, as the rest of the wagons to date have been somewhat bright and colourful, it was decided as Blacklighters that our own would take the opposite end of the spectrum. I do appreciate the comments, the elements were originally slightly stronger. After input from fellow Kingdom mates it was decided to go darker with the wagon. It works quite well in game (though personally I'd probably like the tartan slightly stronger).

I know there is quite the difference puertorro, there is reason to the madness I assure! The tabards are much more ornamental than the wagons as they are clothing and more visible on a day to day basis.

I designed them along the lines of their purpose and intent. The wagon is dark and foreboding, the banner/flag simple and easily identifiable and the tabard showy and more in your face than the rest.

Well, as the rest of the wagons to date have been somewhat bright and colourful, it was decided as Blacklighters that our own would take the opposite end of the spectrum. I do appreciate the comments, the elements were originally slightly stronger. After input from fellow Kingdom mates it was decided to go darker with the wagon. It works quite well in game (though personally I'd probably like the tartan slightly stronger).

I know there is quite the difference puertorro, there is reason to the madness I assure! The tabards are much more ornamental than the wagons as they are clothing and more visible on a day to day basis.

I designed them along the lines of their purpose and intent. The wagon is dark and foreboding, the banner/flag simple and easily identifiable and the tabard showy and more in your face than the rest.

Sounds good, makes a lot of sense.  Very good work.

Agree, little more purple and gold would make it awesome =O

But if you want it to remain very blackish, then it's already perfect.

your fish baffled me.

Dd, I recommend sticking with well known sites like Getty or Fotolia who display their terms more clearly. Deviantart is also a good resource, since direct artist contact is encouraged.

Impossible to copyright common shapes like human hands, since there is only a few ways to do them and is entirely in the public domain