Sign in to follow this  
seath

unable to run wurm

ok so I installed java I had to go in to the list of java installs because when I click on the botton to install java it came to a error that said it cannot install because of something to do with internet browser settings im not sure if that icidint is related to this one so I figured I would mention it but after I went in to the java install list I got that installed fine now I go back to wurm site click play and the bar at the botm comes up with the options open/save/cancel I thought run was sapost to be an option there but figured I could be wrong so I click open and it just keeps showing me the view downloads window with wurmcliant.jnlp on the list of things and just keeps doing that over and over again it will not open wurm to start installing it just keeps doing that ???? any one got any idea what I can do here????

If you have a 64bit operating system and want to run wurm in 64bit. You need a 64bit browser. One is Foxfire by mozilla. Internet Explorer doesn't run 64bit easily if at all. Give that a try and see if it works.

It sounds like java isn't installed properly, or isn't set up to run .jnlp files.

Try this

open the command run box (windows key + R) and type

C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\javaws http://www.wurmonline.com/client/wurmclient.jnlp

It sounds like java isn't installed properly, or isn't set up to run .jnlp files.

Try this

open the command run box (windows key + R) and type

C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\javaws http://www.wurmonline.com/client/wurmclient.jnlp

this seemed to work for me was having this same issue. is there any way to permanently fix this?