Sign in to follow this  
Komunalac

Drop - On ground - optional

Hai,

A lot of new things has come into Wurm lately, and most of them are awesome but this last thing is bugging me.

I know some of ppl lost their items due the fact that they failed to click correctly but that is their fault.

I find it a bit to harsh to punish all of us (who knows how to click :)) by increasing clicks by x2 when you need to make such a simple action as drop smth lol.

I suggest here to make it optional at least, have in mind that to much of fail-safe mechanisms sometimes makes things less fun.

BR,

Komunalac

• Like 27

Drop has a keybind btw. It's a million times easier than using a rclick menu and if you set it to something like shift+t you won't be hitting it accidentally.

• Like 3

I would agree that this could be a setting whether or not it is in the submenu. While i don't think it is neccesarily ppls fault if they accidentally drop it (resposibility lies with them ofc basically im just saying I would not put it so harshly). Anyway being PC aside, a option would be greatly appreciated as there are times when you need to drop things quickly and in mass, and having it on a submenu can be annoying.

Anyway thanks Devs for these small changes :D always good for overall game polish, something reviewers always seem to pick on wurm about, rightfully so imo but it is improving fast :)

I agree some things i can see like pour because you lose the liquid if you missclick but drop? Just pick it back up if you drop an item in a missclick. We use drop so much with terraforming and i dont want to have to deal with this all the time it needs to be reverted or given at least an option to use menu "protection" 

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 6

I agree some things i can see like pour because you lose the liquid if you missclick but drop? Just pick it back up if you do we use it so much with terraforming it needs to be reverted or given at least an option to use menu "protection" 

This^

I dunno

There is a lot of things I could think to biatch about other than this..........................

I am betting the problem with "drop" is new players mooring their boats and thinking they "drop anchor" just like the realworld phrase. Then they lose the anchor entire because it is in waters too deep to get it back. Then they call a GM and get upset because they had a devils time just getting an anchor in the first place. Then the GMs get tired of 183746253 support tickets about newbie sailors who dropped anchor.

Floatable anchors would make everyone happy maybe :P

(Also with the recent trouble with lag spikes, I think misclicks cam happen more easily).

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

I dunno

There is a lot of things I could think to biatch about other than this..........................

Well when you do know then go and biatch... while I biatch about this :)

I agree some things i can see like pour because you lose the liquid if you missclick but drop? Just pick it back up if you drop an item in a missclick. We use drop so much with terraforming and i dont want to have to deal with this all the time it needs to be reverted or given at least an option to use menu "protection" 

Drop has a keybind btw. It's a million times easier than using a rclick menu and if you set it to something like shift+t you won't be hitting it accidentally.

time to use keybind instead of rightclick i guess :)

I am betting the problem with "drop" is new players mooring their boats and thinking they "drop anchor" just like the realworld phrase. Then they lose the anchor entire because it is in waters too deep to get it back. Then they call a GM and get upset because they had a devils time just getting an anchor in the first place. Then the GMs get tired of 183746253 support tickets about newbie sailors who dropped anchor.

(Also with the recent trouble with lag spikes, I think misclicks cam happen more easily).

They will lose one and then they will learn same as after they die from hell hound they will learn that hell hound hit hard etc... 

If this game start to be overprotective we can expect questions like : "Are you sure that you want to drop 2 dirt on the ground?" and then you need to click on "Yes" or "No"

or "Are you sure that you want to climb on that mountain, you can run out of stamina and hurt yourself...?" - "YES"  "NO" ... cmon  :)

time to use keybind instead of rightclick i guess :)

They just need to change drop back to normal there is no need for it to be protected anything you drop you can get back unless you are sailing in deep water.  

They will lose one and then they will learn same as after they die from hell hound they will learn that hell hound hit hard etc... 

If this game start to be overprotective we can expect questions like : "Are you sure that you want to drop 2 dirt on the ground?" and then you need to click on "Yes" or "No"

or "Are you sure that you want to climb on that mountain, you can run out of stamina and hurt yourself...?" - "YES"  "NO" ... cmon   :)

I actually agree with you :)  I am just responding more to "why would this even be added" and my response was, because GMs got tired of responding to players who dropped anchor at sea. 

• Like 1

Really all of these new submenus need to be optional.

• Like 1

I really enjoy those submenus, especially the drop one, if you want to drop there is a keybind

It's not like you have to drop things often in wurm

so -1 for removing it

+1 for optional for those who don't like changes 

maybe even customizable sub menu's

like how you can add pockets in inventory - add sub menu - contains light/snuff - or can sort spells to useful - combat - other for quicker and simpler casting

Epic amounts of +1, just logged in, went to drop my medi rug and just went "WTF? This is incredibly dumb, what kind of a tard would need this?" This is just going to make my life much more difficult, please please make this optional for the love of Magranon.

I also +1 making all of the recent submenu changes optional as well, because it just makes the RClick menus look even worse than they already did IMO. Seems too hectic now when you have a submenu just for one option so idiots don't misclick it and cry about their stuff being stolen.

• Like 2

+1

That change is actually a case of "dumbing down" Wurm, as opposed to make it more accessible. In the hopes that people wouldn't accidental lose a item (which in like 99% of the cases you can pick up again if you mis-click) they're actually making the UI more cumbersome, instead of easier to use.

• Like 1

I am betting the problem with "drop" is new players mooring their boats and thinking they "drop anchor" just like the realworld phrase. Then they lose the anchor entire because it is in waters too deep to get it back.

I doubt this - because a submenu hardly prevents this kind of disaster - by the time a newbie has access to a mooring anchor they will be accustomed to the position of the drop menu action.

I rather think that this is the solution for the bug that tents dropped into the water cannot be picked up again (rather than not being able to drop them in the first place)... and it would be a poor solution for that, indeed.

It's not like you have to drop things often in wurm

I drop things all the time, I'm making piles while digging dirt constantly. Or using analyze on rock shards... it's not at all a rare action.

I agree with keybinds being best, anyway, but it's still a pain to force unaware/new players through the hassle of finding out about them and setting them up. For practically zero benefit (drop is hardly a destructive action, except perhaps when at sea.

I've played for more than 6 years and never keybound Drop, simply because of what it is. I am Derp and I will accidentally hit it while trying to type or something. This entire thing is just messing with me more and more, making the UI harder to use and forcing me to think twice and wonder whats going on every time I click that "Drop" selection... oh right... submenu..

Can't drop my medi rug, submenu.

Can't drop my lockpicking chest, submenu.

Can't drop this log, submenu.

Can't drop this random arrow, submenu.

Next theres going to be a submenu for dropping a duce, or worse, confirmation dialogs.

Edited by whereami

+1, would be nice to be able to switch it on and off depending on what you are doing. For normal, everyday use it's nice to have, in case you drop something without noticing, or while sailing. But I would really REALLY love to be able to turn it off while terraforming. Adds an added layer of RSI risk to the activity :P

+1

I've only very occasionally dropped something by accident, but I've always managed to pick it back up again with no problem... this submenu is annoying >.<

+1 - this should be toggle option imo

Make it a toggle option. This is way too inconveniencing and uneeded to go through a sub menu. And no I won't bind it as I'm out of binds to use near my hand.

+1

you can pick up ANYTHING from the ocean bed no matter how deep, you just have to be ontop of it.

• Like 2